CE Week 2013: 10 Things We’re Excited To See
iLounge has partnered with CE Week and CEA for this year’s CE Week Line Shows and Exhibits in New York City. Running from June 26 to 27, the event includes iLounge NYC, a showcase of this summer’s hottest new accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod. Here are 10 upcoming releases we’re really looking forward to checking out this week.
1. New iPad mini Versions of KeyFolio. Kensington will be previewing two new KeyFolio keyboard cases for the iPad mini. KeyFolio Thin is a folio-style holder, while KeyCover is a tray that holds your tablet face down against the keyboard. Both have scissor-style keys, and wake your iPad mini when opened.
2. New Audio-Technica Headphones. Audio-Technica is going to introduce SonicFuel in-ear headphones. They’re designed to stay in place thanks to C-tip earpieces, and there will be models with a remote and mic. It’s also showing off the new deluxe ATH-ANC70 QuietPoint active noise-canceling headphone model, which blocks up to 90% of noise with integrated microphone and volume control features.
3. Withings’ new fitness tracker, Pulse. Following companies such as Nike and Fitbit, Withings will be announcing the availability of Pulse, its activity tracker. The small clip-on accessory weights only eight grams, measures heart rate, and syncs with the iPhone over Bluetooth.
4. Olloclip’s Telephoto Lens. Known for its detachable iPhone lenses, Olloclip will be demoing its new Telephoto Lens. It offers 2x magnification, and will be available in versions for the iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, and fourth- and fifth-generation iPod touches.
5. Privates from Outdoor Tech. Alongside a new Bluetooth speaker and iPhone 5 case, Outdoor Tech will be unveiling new Bluetooth headphones called Privates. Available in an array of earthtones, they feature a touch interface for control. We’re looking forward to hearing how they sound.
6. A big new Braven speaker. Braven’s 850 debuted at CES this year its largest speaker to date, and serves as a rival for Jawbone’s Big Jambox. The brand new 855s is the more ruggedized version of this speaker, following the design language of the smaller Braven 625s, and we’ll be learning more details about it at the show.
7. Klipsch’s newest Bluetooth speaker. Last month, Klipsch, in partnership with Live Nation Entertainment, debuted its KMC 3 Wireless Music System. At CE Week, it’ll be demoing the next speaker in the series, KMC 1. It features dual 2.5-inch drivers, a rechargeable battery, and will be available in September.
8. Wired iOS keyboards from Macally. In May, Macally announced its iKey30 and iKeyLT wired keyboards—a rarity for iOS devices, as most alternatives use Bluetooth and require at least occasional recharging. The company will be showing off the 30-pin version in person, and hopefully the Lightning-based model as well.
9. IK Multimedia’s Bluetooth speaker for musicians. We first saw IK Multimedia’s iLoud back at CES in January, but we’re looking forward to hearing it in a more optimal setting. The Bluetooth wireless speaker is designed as a reference-grade monitor for musicians, and also has a direct guitar/mic input.
10. A New Speaker from Soen Audio. Dubbed Transit, this new Bluetooth speaker has a modern design and promises to use top-quality materials and finishes. A pop-out rear kickstand helps the interestingly angled speaker stand upright on a flat surface. We’re anxious to hear it firsthand and learn about the pricing.
We’ll have many more updates from CE Week as the week proceeds, so check back!
- Quickly And Wisely Reducing Your iCloud Footprint
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of Apple TV 6.0
- Easing Your Transition To iOS 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 7.0
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPhone Lineup, 5c + 5s
- iOS 7: Maps, Passbook, Compass + Notes
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store