iTunes Store on iPhone set to wrong country
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: The prices is my iTunes account comes up in U.S dollars instead of pounds how do I change this? I can’t buy anything as my iPhone won’t allow it.
A: The most likely cause of this is that you are currently logged into the U.S. iTunes Store rather than the store appropriate to your country. Unfortunately, the iTunes Store and App Store apps on the iPhone and iPod touch don’t provide any way to select a different country directly from the UI, but they should normally switch to the proper country for your account when you first sign in.
If for some reason this has changed after you’ve already signed in, you can usually fix it simply by signing out and then signing back in again. To do this, simply scroll down to the bottom of the “Featured” page. You should see your Apple ID displayed there, and tapping on it will provide options to view your account or sign out from it.
Once you’ve signed out, the same button can be used to sign back into the iTunes Store, at which point it should present a message indicating that your account is only valid for a specific country and switch you over to that country automatically.
Note that if you’re an iTunes Match subscriber, you may also need to go into the iTunes Store section of your main Settings app and confirm that iTunes Match is still enabled after doing this. This should not affect any other places your Apple ID is used, however, such as iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, or Game Center, as these are separate services from your iTunes Store account, even though they may use the same Apple ID.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Report: Apple’s Jimmy Iovine still has ambitious video plans for Apple Music
- Apple executive talks using AI to boost human memory
- Apple rolling out ‘Today at Apple’ educational courses starting in May
- Smart home device maker iDevices acquired by Hubbell
- Apple delays ‘Carpool Karaoke’ release to ‘later this year’
- Dutch court rules Apple can’t replace broken iPads with refurbished models
- Chinese blog claims Apple is only releasing two iPhone 8 models, no iPhone 7s or 7s Plus
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 10.3.2, watchOS 3.2.2, and tvOS 10.2.1
- Images claim to show iPhone 8 prototype with glass back, vertical camera
- Apple works on alternative power sources, new uses for waste heat in Denmark data center
- Advanced Mezger aptX Bluetooth Receiver
- iDevices Wall Switch
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10