Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
Last October, I marked my 10th year with iLounge — a decade that saw the release of roughly 40 different iPods, iPhones, and iPads, as well as thousands of accessories, keeping both me and my editorial team busy. Thanks in large part to my work with iLounge, everything important in my personal life has changed for the better. I met and married my wife, bought our first house, and welcomed two wonderful children into the world. But it’s time for a change.
Tomorrow, after a quiet transition, I’m officially handing over the reins to Phil Dzikiy, who will take over as iLounge’s new Editor-in-Chief. I’ll stay on as Executive Editor through the end of December, after which I’ll be full-time with Mercado — a passion project I created to bring exciting new dining experiences to my home town in Western New York.
Rather than posting a bunch of iLounge statistics or memories, I’m going to conclude my run as EIC by letting you know how much I’ve appreciated your readership over the years. Helping readers get useful information has been my top priority every time I’ve published an review, article, or interview here. I leave this position knowing that I’ve done my best for you, and that the rest of the iLounge team is committed to doing so, as well.
iLounge team members present and past, thank you for all of your hard work; it has been my honor and privilege to work with you. My special thanks to iLounge’s owner Dennis Lloyd, who embraced the incredible opportunities we created as a team, as well as organizations including the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and the CE Week team for working with us to make the world a better place for Apple products, users, and developers.
Thank you, everyone, for being part of my life’s story. We may not know what the future holds for us, but it is certainly brighter for our time together.
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Apple increases maximum tvOS app size to 4GB
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple looking to produce original TV content for Apple Music subscribers
- FBI releases heavily redacted information about cracking iPhone
- Apple partners with Tresorit to offer encryption option to CareKit developers
- ESPN’s iOS apps add support for Single Sign-On
- Spigen AirPods Stand coming in mid-February
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10