Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
Last October, I marked my 10th year with iLounge — a decade that saw the release of roughly 40 different iPods, iPhones, and iPads, as well as thousands of accessories, keeping both me and my editorial team busy. Thanks in large part to my work with iLounge, everything important in my personal life has changed for the better. I met and married my wife, bought our first house, and welcomed two wonderful children into the world. But it’s time for a change.
Tomorrow, after a quiet transition, I’m officially handing over the reins to Phil Dzikiy, who will take over as iLounge’s new Editor-in-Chief. I’ll stay on as Executive Editor through the end of December, after which I’ll be full-time with Mercado — a passion project I created to bring exciting new dining experiences to my home town in Western New York.
Rather than posting a bunch of iLounge statistics or memories, I’m going to conclude my run as EIC by letting you know how much I’ve appreciated your readership over the years. Helping readers get useful information has been my top priority every time I’ve published an review, article, or interview here. I leave this position knowing that I’ve done my best for you, and that the rest of the iLounge team is committed to doing so, as well.
iLounge team members present and past, thank you for all of your hard work; it has been my honor and privilege to work with you. My special thanks to iLounge’s owner Dennis Lloyd, who embraced the incredible opportunities we created as a team, as well as organizations including the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and the CE Week team for working with us to make the world a better place for Apple products, users, and developers.
Thank you, everyone, for being part of my life’s story. We may not know what the future holds for us, but it is certainly brighter for our time together.
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- Editorial: Why iOS 7 Will Succeed, Despite Divisive Issues
- Editorial: It’s Time To Fix Lightning Dock + Case Compatibility
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?