Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
Last October, I marked my 10th year with iLounge — a decade that saw the release of roughly 40 different iPods, iPhones, and iPads, as well as thousands of accessories, keeping both me and my editorial team busy. Thanks in large part to my work with iLounge, everything important in my personal life has changed for the better. I met and married my wife, bought our first house, and welcomed two wonderful children into the world. But it’s time for a change.
Tomorrow, after a quiet transition, I’m officially handing over the reins to Phil Dzikiy, who will take over as iLounge’s new Editor-in-Chief. I’ll stay on as Executive Editor through the end of December, after which I’ll be full-time with Mercado — a passion project I created to bring exciting new dining experiences to my home town in Western New York.
Rather than posting a bunch of iLounge statistics or memories, I’m going to conclude my run as EIC by letting you know how much I’ve appreciated your readership over the years. Helping readers get useful information has been my top priority every time I’ve published an review, article, or interview here. I leave this position knowing that I’ve done my best for you, and that the rest of the iLounge team is committed to doing so, as well.
iLounge team members present and past, thank you for all of your hard work; it has been my honor and privilege to work with you. My special thanks to iLounge’s owner Dennis Lloyd, who embraced the incredible opportunities we created as a team, as well as organizations including the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and the CE Week team for working with us to make the world a better place for Apple products, users, and developers.
Thank you, everyone, for being part of my life’s story. We may not know what the future holds for us, but it is certainly brighter for our time together.
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps