Album art missing on iPod touch purchases
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: So, I bought around forty songs through the iTunes app on my iPod touch. I synced my iPod up to my computer, and the new songs’ album art showed up on the computer, but not on my iPod anymore. I tried to use the “Get Album Artwork” under the “Advanced” menu, but that didn’t solve the problem. Can you please help me find a way to get my album artwork back on my iPod?
A: It sounds like there’s something wrong with your artwork database on your iPod touch and you may be better off restoring your device and reloading all of the content on it to avoid any similar problems in the future. Certainly if the problem recurs it might be time for a full restore.
Since that can be a complicated process, however, you can simply try removing the affected tracks from your iPod touch and loading them back on. How to do this will depend on how you are managing content on your iPod.
If you’re managing content manually, you can simply expand your iPod content in iTunes and delete the tracks from there, and then just drag them from iTunes back onto your iPod.
If you’re using automatic synchronization, the easiest way to deal with this is to enable the option on your iPod Summary page in iTunes to “Sync only checked songs and videos” and then UN-check those specific items and sync your iPod.
The unchecked items will be removed from your iPod during that subsequent sync, after which you can simply RE-check them and sync again in order to transfer them back on.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Apple increases maximum tvOS app size to 4GB
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple looking to produce original TV content for Apple Music subscribers
- FBI releases heavily redacted information about cracking iPhone
- Apple partners with Tresorit to offer encryption option to CareKit developers
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10