All Things iPod classic
The iPod classic was released in September, 2007 as a renamed follow-up to Apple’s full-sized series of hard disk-based iPods, previously known as first- through fifth-generation iPods. iPod classic launched with two different storage capacities (80GB/160GB) and two different colors (silver/black), with the lower capacity iPod also possessing lower battery life than the larger version. Though based substantially on the prior year’s enhanced fifth-generation iPod, the iPod classic includes a new split-screen user interface, a superior audio chip, and dramatically better battery life, all at aggressive prices of $249 and $349.
iPod classic Review and Supplemental Materials
iPod classic (80GB/160GB) Review (iLounge rating: B+): This is our comprehensive review of the iPod classic, featuring information on the device, audio quality, battery life, compatible and incompatible accessories, and more.
The Beat Goes On: the Photo Gallery: See firsthand the introduction of the iPod classic in San Francisco, California, September, 2007, alongside the new third-generation iPod nano and iPod touch.
iPod classic Diagnostic Mode Photo Gallery: See pictures of iPod classic’s hidden diagnostic mode here.
iPod classic Unpack Photo Gallery: Check out our iPod classic and iPod nano unpacking photo gallery, including full shots of the box opening process, close-ups of the various components, and comparisons against other iPods.
iPod classic Links of General Interest
Picking the Right iPod for You: Download iLounge’s 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide for help in picking the best iPod for your personal needs and budget.
Check out iLounge’s Reviews section for the an up-to-date list of iPod classic cases and accessories reviewed.
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Apple increases maximum tvOS app size to 4GB
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple looking to produce original TV content for Apple Music subscribers
- FBI releases heavily redacted information about cracking iPhone
- Apple partners with Tresorit to offer encryption option to CareKit developers
- ESPN’s iOS apps add support for Single Sign-On
- Spigen AirPods Stand coming in mid-February
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10