All Things iPod shuffle
The first iPod shuffle was released in January, 2005 with two different storage capacities (512MB/1GB). After several price drops and widespread speculation that Apple would discontinue the shuffle entirely in favor of the iPod nano, the company announced a physically smaller, 1GB version in September, 2006, releasing the “second-generation iPod shuffle” in November. The new shuffle included an integrated rear clip, and was made substantially from aluminum, unlike its all-plastic predecessor. It continues to be Apple’s least expensive iPod-branded offering. On January 30, 2007, Apple updated the second-generation shuffle with four new colors - pink, blue, green, and orange - the first three matching the colors of previously-released iPod nanos, the fourth entirely new to the iPod family.
Second-Generation iPod shuffle (1GB)
iPod shuffle (Second-Generation, 1GB) Review (iLounge rating: B+): Smaller than any prior iPod, the new iPod shuffle is a pretty good option for especially budget- and size-conscious users; our comprehensive review looks at all of its pros and cons.
iPod shuffle 2G Photo Gallery: Check out our incredible iPod shuffle 2G photo gallery, including full shots of the box opening process, close-ups of the various components, and comparisons against other iPods.
iPod shuffle 2G Colors Photo Gallery: Our new iPod shuffle 2G Colors gallery shows off unpacking photos of the early 2007 iPod shuffle, in five colors: silver, green, pink, blue, and all-new orange.
Picking the Right iPod for You: Download iLounge’s incredible free 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide for a complete guide to picking the best iPod for your personal needs and budget.
It’s Showtime: The Photo Gallery: See photos of the September 12, 2006 event where the second-generation iPod shuffle was unveiled to the world.
Apple’s Official Second-Generation iPod Shuffle Accessories, reviewed:
Third-Party iPod shuffle Cases and Accessories, reviewed:
Check our Reviews section for the an up-to-date list of iPod shuffle cases and accessories reviewed. Notable options include Power Support’s highly protective Silicone Jacket, Griffin Technology’s Dock Adapter for iPod shuffle, and Incipio’s portable IncipioBud USB charger.
First-Generation iPod shuffle (512MB/1GB)
iPod shuffle Photo Gallery: Check out our incredible iPod shuffle photo gallery, including full shots of the box opening process, close-ups of the various components, and comparisons against other iPods.
iPod shuffle New Users’ Review (iLounge rating: A-): See why the iPod shuffle is an excellent way for budget-conscious new users to join the iPod family.
iPod shuffle Power Users’ Review (iLounge rating: B): Learn why users with greater demands may prefer other, more expensive iPods to the iPod shuffle, and get more details on the shuffle’s early marketing and third-party accessories.
Picking the Right iPod for You: Download iLounge’s incredible free 2005 Buyers’ Guide for a complete guide to picking the best iPod for your personal needs and budget.
iPod 101 - The Complete Guide to the iPod shuffle: A picture-filled beginner’s tutorial to using and enjoying the music and data features of your new iPod shuffle.
Apple’s Official First-Generation iPod Shuffle Accessories, reviewed:
iPod shuffle Armband (iLounge rating: B+)
iPod shuffle Battery Pack (iLounge rating: A-)
iPod shuffle Dock (iLounge rating: B)
iPod shuffle Sport Case (iLounge rating: A)
iPod shuffle USB Adapter (iLounge rating: B)
Third-Party iPod shuffle Cases, reviewed:
Check the Reviews section for the an up-to-date list of iPod shuffle cases and accessories reviewed.
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s iPad mini + iPad (4th-Gen)
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?