Buying an aux-in cable for the car | iLounge Article


Buying an aux-in cable for the car

Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.

View the complete Ask iLounge archives...

Q: Some of the 2006 Jettas, and many more cars, I’m sure, come with an Aux-in jack on the dash or in the glove box. However, my dealer can’t even tell me where to get the right cable to use with my iPod. Help!

- Mark

A: The cable you need is one of the simplest and most generic audio cables you can find: a simple male-to male 1/8”-to-1/8” (sometimes “miniplug-to-miniplug”) stereo audio cable. Such cables can be found cheap from many retailers: here is one for sale at Radio Shack for $5.50.

« Radio Charts in iTunes

Making a recent top 25 playlist »

Related Stories

iLounge Weekly

Recent News

Recent Reviews

Recent Articles

Sign up for the iLounge Weekly Newsletter

iLounge is an independent resource for all things iPod, iPhone, iPad, and beyond.
iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, Apple TV, Mac, and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iLounge is © 2001 - 2018 iLounge, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy