CE Week 2013: 10 Things We’re Excited To See
iLounge has partnered with CE Week and CEA for this year’s CE Week Line Shows and Exhibits in New York City. Running from June 26 to 27, the event includes iLounge NYC, a showcase of this summer’s hottest new accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod. Here are 10 upcoming releases we’re really looking forward to checking out this week.
1. New iPad mini Versions of KeyFolio. Kensington will be previewing two new KeyFolio keyboard cases for the iPad mini. KeyFolio Thin is a folio-style holder, while KeyCover is a tray that holds your tablet face down against the keyboard. Both have scissor-style keys, and wake your iPad mini when opened.
2. New Audio-Technica Headphones. Audio-Technica is going to introduce SonicFuel in-ear headphones. They’re designed to stay in place thanks to C-tip earpieces, and there will be models with a remote and mic. It’s also showing off the new deluxe ATH-ANC70 QuietPoint active noise-canceling headphone model, which blocks up to 90% of noise with integrated microphone and volume control features.
3. Withings’ new fitness tracker, Pulse. Following companies such as Nike and Fitbit, Withings will be announcing the availability of Pulse, its activity tracker. The small clip-on accessory weights only eight grams, measures heart rate, and syncs with the iPhone over Bluetooth.
4. Olloclip’s Telephoto Lens. Known for its detachable iPhone lenses, Olloclip will be demoing its new Telephoto Lens. It offers 2x magnification, and will be available in versions for the iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, and fourth- and fifth-generation iPod touches.
5. Privates from Outdoor Tech. Alongside a new Bluetooth speaker and iPhone 5 case, Outdoor Tech will be unveiling new Bluetooth headphones called Privates. Available in an array of earthtones, they feature a touch interface for control. We’re looking forward to hearing how they sound.
6. A big new Braven speaker. Braven’s 850 debuted at CES this year its largest speaker to date, and serves as a rival for Jawbone’s Big Jambox. The brand new 855s is the more ruggedized version of this speaker, following the design language of the smaller Braven 625s, and we’ll be learning more details about it at the show.
7. Klipsch’s newest Bluetooth speaker. Last month, Klipsch, in partnership with Live Nation Entertainment, debuted its KMC 3 Wireless Music System. At CE Week, it’ll be demoing the next speaker in the series, KMC 1. It features dual 2.5-inch drivers, a rechargeable battery, and will be available in September.
8. Wired iOS keyboards from Macally. In May, Macally announced its iKey30 and iKeyLT wired keyboards—a rarity for iOS devices, as most alternatives use Bluetooth and require at least occasional recharging. The company will be showing off the 30-pin version in person, and hopefully the Lightning-based model as well.
9. IK Multimedia’s Bluetooth speaker for musicians. We first saw IK Multimedia’s iLoud back at CES in January, but we’re looking forward to hearing it in a more optimal setting. The Bluetooth wireless speaker is designed as a reference-grade monitor for musicians, and also has a direct guitar/mic input.
10. A New Speaker from Soen Audio. Dubbed Transit, this new Bluetooth speaker has a modern design and promises to use top-quality materials and finishes. A pop-out rear kickstand helps the interestingly angled speaker stand upright on a flat surface. We’re anxious to hear it firsthand and learn about the pricing.
We’ll have many more updates from CE Week as the week proceeds, so check back!
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?