CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
Continuing our coverage of CE Week in Manhattan, we were able to stop by and talk with a number of other interesting companies developing new accessories for the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch.
Monowear has just launched the first third-party Apple Watch bands that we’ve seen in public. The company’s “Outdoor” bands start at $60, with leather bands priced at $80, metal mesh for $90, and metal link bands in the $100-$120 range. Many of their bands are available now.
IK Multimedia was showing its just-released iRig Mic Studio ($180), a studio-grade mic with 24-bit 44.1/48 Khz recording and gain control.
IK also had the soon-to-be-released iRig PowerBridge ($70), which provides charging power to iOS devices while connected to any of IK’s Lightning or Dock Connector based iRig accessories.
We also saw prototypes of IK’s foray into the case market in the form of iKlip Case, which provides two kickstands on the back and will come in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus versions. Pricing and availability are unknown at this point.
Kensington had an updated SecureBack Payment Stand + Enclosure ($200) for iPad Air and iPad Air 2. Designed mainly for businesses, this locking stand secures an iPad at an appropriate angle for use as a point-of-sale station.
NeoLab was showing its Neo Smartpen N2, which began its life as a Kickstarter project. It’s an iOS-compatible smart pen with a camera that transfers writing on paper to screen.
Ztylus had its revamped Revolver 4-in-1 Lens Attachment, now spring-loaded and bundled with a case in versions for the iPhone 6 ($80-$100) or iPhone 6 Plus ($100-$120). The company is also introducing lenses that screw directly to the case on top of the iPhone lens, with a $150 wide-angle/telephoto lens set planned for later this year.
Ventev showed a number of new charging hubs ($25-$40), including its Global ChargingHub 300 (not pictured), which can charge a device in 150 different countries due to four AC prong configurations.
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- MLB.com At Bat and NHL now allow users to personalize Home Screen icons
- Apple pulls over-the-air iOS 10.3 update for iPhone 5, 5c; iOS 10.3.2 seems to end support for them
- Supplier Responsibility Report, recent hires hint at Project Titan research
- Apple now rejecting apps with references to price in their name
- Apple Pay now live in Taiwan
- Apple releases iOS 10.3.2 beta to developers
- Rumor: Apple may add cellular capability to next Apple Watch, create USB-C/Lightning hybrid
- Urbanears launches new lineup of Wi-Fi Connected Speakers
- Apple adds ability for developers respond to apps reviews, tweaks in-app rating prompt rules
- Report: 10.5” iPad Pro could still arrive this spring
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10