CES 2010: iHome and Digital Experience
We took an early peek at iHome’s lineup in its off-Pavilion meeting room yesterday, including looks at the following new alarm clocks and speakers.
iA5: The company’s first app-integrated clock radio, with a single driver, clock, and integrated alarm, all controllable via a very slick application that will work across future iHome iA-series devices.
iA100: An impressively designed speakerphone-slash-clock radio with app integration, Bongiovi Acoustics, and a fresh cabinet design.
iH22: A budget clock radio with a great, colorful design.
iH150: An updated version of the iH15 color changing stereo, moving the central driver in front to the back, and placing a clock in the center.
iP2: The iHome iP2 stacks .75” and 3” drivers on top of each other to conserve space while preserving the black and clear plastic design of the award-winning iP1.
iP46: A challenger to the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2, with a similar four-driver design at a lower price point.
iP49: iHome’s first Bongiovi Acoustics-based portable unit has a very cool fold-down design.
iP51: An upgraded version of the earlier iH51 three-speaker audio system with separate dock, now with iPhone support.
iP90: A redesigned version of the company’s flagship iH9/iP9 clock radios, featuring softer curves, a dial-less top, and a nice central screen.
Additional models can be seen in our Flickr Gallery.
The Digital Experience event at the Las Vegas Mirage hotel included the first public showings of a number of new iPod and iPhone accessories, such as:
Griffin: Griffin has made small but noteworthy changes to its TuneFlex and RoadTrip car audio-charging-mounting kits, enabling them to provide more device support and also hold iPods/iPhones inside cases.
Memorex: Memorex debuted twin easy-carry boomboxes, one with two drivers and a small body, the other with four drivers and a CD player in the top, as well as two stylish new alarm clocks with iPod/iPhone docks mounted nearly flush with the tops of the systems.
Mophie: Mophie was showing a new color of its old Juice Pack Air, as well as a similar looking battery and app bundle enabling reception of FLO TV.
Philips: Philips was showing only a couple of speakers at Digital Experience, only one of which - bright lamp, clock radio, and audio system with an integrated dock called the Wake-Up Light - was really interesting.
PowerMat: PowerMat showed a smaller version of its inductive charging system, as well as a bundle of the charger with an iPhone case.
Speck: Speck showed a number of its artist-designed Fitted cases, as well as some beautiful show-only customized versions of its CandyShell, SeeThru Satin, and other designs.
XtremeMac: Debuted a collection of new cases and InCharge series power accessories, including a new battery and charger, battery case, and much more.
Photos from all of these companies and many more can be seen in our 2010 CES Flickr photostream.
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s iPad mini + iPad (4th-Gen)
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?