CES 2010: iHome and Digital Experience
We took an early peek at iHome’s lineup in its off-Pavilion meeting room yesterday, including looks at the following new alarm clocks and speakers.
iA5: The company’s first app-integrated clock radio, with a single driver, clock, and integrated alarm, all controllable via a very slick application that will work across future iHome iA-series devices.
iA100: An impressively designed speakerphone-slash-clock radio with app integration, Bongiovi Acoustics, and a fresh cabinet design.
iH22: A budget clock radio with a great, colorful design.
iH150: An updated version of the iH15 color changing stereo, moving the central driver in front to the back, and placing a clock in the center.
iP2: The iHome iP2 stacks .75” and 3” drivers on top of each other to conserve space while preserving the black and clear plastic design of the award-winning iP1.
iP46: A challenger to the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2, with a similar four-driver design at a lower price point.
iP49: iHome’s first Bongiovi Acoustics-based portable unit has a very cool fold-down design.
iP51: An upgraded version of the earlier iH51 three-speaker audio system with separate dock, now with iPhone support.
iP90: A redesigned version of the company’s flagship iH9/iP9 clock radios, featuring softer curves, a dial-less top, and a nice central screen.
Additional models can be seen in our Flickr Gallery.
The Digital Experience event at the Las Vegas Mirage hotel included the first public showings of a number of new iPod and iPhone accessories, such as:
Griffin: Griffin has made small but noteworthy changes to its TuneFlex and RoadTrip car audio-charging-mounting kits, enabling them to provide more device support and also hold iPods/iPhones inside cases.
Memorex: Memorex debuted twin easy-carry boomboxes, one with two drivers and a small body, the other with four drivers and a CD player in the top, as well as two stylish new alarm clocks with iPod/iPhone docks mounted nearly flush with the tops of the systems.
Mophie: Mophie was showing a new color of its old Juice Pack Air, as well as a similar looking battery and app bundle enabling reception of FLO TV.
Philips: Philips was showing only a couple of speakers at Digital Experience, only one of which - bright lamp, clock radio, and audio system with an integrated dock called the Wake-Up Light - was really interesting.
PowerMat: PowerMat showed a smaller version of its inductive charging system, as well as a bundle of the charger with an iPhone case.
Speck: Speck showed a number of its artist-designed Fitted cases, as well as some beautiful show-only customized versions of its CandyShell, SeeThru Satin, and other designs.
XtremeMac: Debuted a collection of new cases and InCharge series power accessories, including a new battery and charger, battery case, and much more.
Photos from all of these companies and many more can be seen in our 2010 CES Flickr photostream.
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- Smart home device maker iDevices acquired by Hubbell
- Apple delays ‘Carpool Karaoke’ release to ‘later this year’
- Dutch court rules Apple can’t replace broken iPads with refurbished models
- Chinese blog claims Apple is only releasing two iPhone 8 models, no iPhone 7s or 7s Plus
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 10.3.2, watchOS 3.2.2, and tvOS 10.2.1
- Images claim to show iPhone 8 prototype with glass back, vertical camera
- Apple works on alternative power sources, new uses for waste heat in Denmark data center
- Training documents reveal safety details about Apple’s self-driving car system
- Supply shortfalls of upgraded components may delay iPhone 8 production to October/November
- Apple recruits two Google Satellite Executives
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10