Cheat Codes - Vortex and Texas Hold’em
For the first time ever on the iPod, Apple has released cheat codes that unlock hidden levels and power-ups found in its fifth-generation iPod games Vortex and Texas Hold’em. Multiple codes can be combined in each game, making it much easier to beat difficult stages.
In Vortex, you need to bring up the Main Menu without a game in progress. You’ll see an option called Personal Info. Select Rename, and enter one of the following new player names using the letter selection tool. Hold down the iPod’s center Action button until the code activates.
ME_PAZ activates the laser power-up, which burns through bricks in a straight line.
I_GUNZ activates the gun power-up, which destroys bricks one at a time.
FORSIX gives you 24 lives.
_PWR_B (space PWR space B) gives you the powerball, which shatters multiple bricks at a time.
NO_ID_ (NO space ID space) unlocks special backgrounds not found anywhere in the game’s 40 original levels, or in the randomly generated ones that appear after those have been completed.
In Texas Hold’em, go to the Options menu, and select New Player. Enter the cheat code as a new player name using the letter selection tool. Once the cheat code is entered, the iPod will jump to the checkmark (done) character. At this point, you must hold down the center button until the code activates, and you’ll see the word Secret appear on screen.
By entering YOUCHEAT, you’ll activate a secret menu that gives you five options: unlock all tournaments, start with $100,000 in cash, show tells and/or down cards, and adjust the AI to fold normally, often, or never. Other cheats are below.
See secret characters: ALLCHARS
Play the iTunes Bar tournament: BARTUNES
Play the Apple Conference Room tournament, which is “modeled after an actual Apple conference room,” notes Apple: THREEAMI
Play the Stonehenge tournament: BIGROCKS
Play the Dog tournament (a tribute to C.M. Coolidge’s Dogs Playing Poker art): PLAYDOGS
Play the Futuristic tournament: SPACEACE
- iOS Gems: A&E Apps, Google Maps, GTA: Vice City, Kindergarten Reading + Rounds: Parker Penguin
- iOS Gems: Angry Birds Star Wars, Modern Combat 4, Real Boxing, Winnie the Pooh + More
- iOS Gems: Animal SnApp, Crazy Taxi, Need for Speed Most Wanted, NBA 2K13 + Zaxxon Escape
- iOS Gems: Bad Piggies, FIFA 13, Rayman Jungle Run, Street Fighter x Tekken Mobile + The Room
- iOS Gems: Blast-A-Way, iTunes Festival London 2012, Splice, Wild Blood + YouTube
- iOS Gems: Avengers Initiative, Little Masters + Wipeout
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store