Cheat Codes - Vortex and Texas Hold’em
For the first time ever on the iPod, Apple has released cheat codes that unlock hidden levels and power-ups found in its fifth-generation iPod games Vortex and Texas Hold’em. Multiple codes can be combined in each game, making it much easier to beat difficult stages.
In Vortex, you need to bring up the Main Menu without a game in progress. You’ll see an option called Personal Info. Select Rename, and enter one of the following new player names using the letter selection tool. Hold down the iPod’s center Action button until the code activates.
ME_PAZ activates the laser power-up, which burns through bricks in a straight line.
I_GUNZ activates the gun power-up, which destroys bricks one at a time.
FORSIX gives you 24 lives.
_PWR_B (space PWR space B) gives you the powerball, which shatters multiple bricks at a time.
NO_ID_ (NO space ID space) unlocks special backgrounds not found anywhere in the game’s 40 original levels, or in the randomly generated ones that appear after those have been completed.
In Texas Hold’em, go to the Options menu, and select New Player. Enter the cheat code as a new player name using the letter selection tool. Once the cheat code is entered, the iPod will jump to the checkmark (done) character. At this point, you must hold down the center button until the code activates, and you’ll see the word Secret appear on screen.
By entering YOUCHEAT, you’ll activate a secret menu that gives you five options: unlock all tournaments, start with $100,000 in cash, show tells and/or down cards, and adjust the AI to fold normally, often, or never. Other cheats are below.
See secret characters: ALLCHARS
Play the iTunes Bar tournament: BARTUNES
Play the Apple Conference Room tournament, which is “modeled after an actual Apple conference room,” notes Apple: THREEAMI
Play the Stonehenge tournament: BIGROCKS
Play the Dog tournament (a tribute to C.M. Coolidge’s Dogs Playing Poker art): PLAYDOGS
Play the Futuristic tournament: SPACEACE
- iOS Gems: A&E Apps, Google Maps, GTA: Vice City, Kindergarten Reading + Rounds: Parker Penguin
- iOS Gems: Angry Birds Star Wars, Modern Combat 4, Real Boxing, Winnie the Pooh + More
- iOS Gems: Animal SnApp, Crazy Taxi, Need for Speed Most Wanted, NBA 2K13 + Zaxxon Escape
- iOS Gems: Bad Piggies, FIFA 13, Rayman Jungle Run, Street Fighter x Tekken Mobile + The Room
- iOS Gems: Blast-A-Way, iTunes Festival London 2012, Splice, Wild Blood + YouTube
- iOS Gems: Avengers Initiative, Little Masters + Wipeout
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone