Cheat Codes - Vortex and Texas Hold’em
For the first time ever on the iPod, Apple has released cheat codes that unlock hidden levels and power-ups found in its fifth-generation iPod games Vortex and Texas Hold’em. Multiple codes can be combined in each game, making it much easier to beat difficult stages.
In Vortex, you need to bring up the Main Menu without a game in progress. You’ll see an option called Personal Info. Select Rename, and enter one of the following new player names using the letter selection tool. Hold down the iPod’s center Action button until the code activates.
ME_PAZ activates the laser power-up, which burns through bricks in a straight line.
I_GUNZ activates the gun power-up, which destroys bricks one at a time.
FORSIX gives you 24 lives.
_PWR_B (space PWR space B) gives you the powerball, which shatters multiple bricks at a time.
NO_ID_ (NO space ID space) unlocks special backgrounds not found anywhere in the game’s 40 original levels, or in the randomly generated ones that appear after those have been completed.
In Texas Hold’em, go to the Options menu, and select New Player. Enter the cheat code as a new player name using the letter selection tool. Once the cheat code is entered, the iPod will jump to the checkmark (done) character. At this point, you must hold down the center button until the code activates, and you’ll see the word Secret appear on screen.
By entering YOUCHEAT, you’ll activate a secret menu that gives you five options: unlock all tournaments, start with $100,000 in cash, show tells and/or down cards, and adjust the AI to fold normally, often, or never. Other cheats are below.
See secret characters: ALLCHARS
Play the iTunes Bar tournament: BARTUNES
Play the Apple Conference Room tournament, which is “modeled after an actual Apple conference room,” notes Apple: THREEAMI
Play the Stonehenge tournament: BIGROCKS
Play the Dog tournament (a tribute to C.M. Coolidge’s Dogs Playing Poker art): PLAYDOGS
Play the Futuristic tournament: SPACEACE
- iOS Gems: A&E Apps, Google Maps, GTA: Vice City, Kindergarten Reading + Rounds: Parker Penguin
- iOS Gems: Angry Birds Star Wars, Modern Combat 4, Real Boxing, Winnie the Pooh + More
- iOS Gems: Animal SnApp, Crazy Taxi, Need for Speed Most Wanted, NBA 2K13 + Zaxxon Escape
- iOS Gems: Bad Piggies, FIFA 13, Rayman Jungle Run, Street Fighter x Tekken Mobile + The Room
- iOS Gems: Blast-A-Way, iTunes Festival London 2012, Splice, Wild Blood + YouTube
- iOS Gems: Avengers Initiative, Little Masters + Wipeout
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?