Clips, Clips, Clips: iPod shuffle Options, Compared
We’ve added a new section to the iLounge reviews page: iPod shuffle Clips. As of today, we’ve reviewed seven different ways you can attach your iPod to your clothes or a bag, as well as one clip option that doubles as a case and armband. Here’s the short and sweet of what we’ve found so far:
Bruddy’s ShuffleMate ($16.95, iLounge rating: B) is “an easy way to wear your iPod shuffle without a lanyard, manage your shuffle’s earbuds when in or out of use,” though “a bit pricey for a simple accessory, similarly a little inelegant by comparison with other clip options.”
DLO’s Flip Clip ($19.95, iLounge rating: B+) is “sturdy, attractively designed and useful,” but “pricey and not compatible with typical cases, so if used with shuffle, you’re locked into an unprotective solution.”
JP’s Clip + Armband for iPod shuffle ($21.99, iLounge rating: C+) is “a relatively inexpensive combination of armband and iPod clip in one package,” but “neither the armband nor the clip is as good as other options we’ve seen, including at least one option with very similar functionalty in the same price range, which unlike this includes full and attractive iPod shuffle protection.”
Marware’s Sport Grip ($8.95 each, 3/$19.95, iLounge rating: B) has “silicone rubber” that “adds attractive colored accents to the iPod shuffle’s sides, top and bottom, with cool-looking carabiner and optional detachable lanyard necklace,” but the three-pack’s “necklace clasp broke on detachment from Sport Grip, an issue Marware promises to address in immediate future.”
ShuffleClip by ShuffleClip ($14.95, iLounge rating: D+) is “a simple iPod shuffle belt clip” that “by comparison with other available options has rough edges, is flimsy, and doesn’t hold shuffle firmly.”
XtremeMac’s SuperClip ($14.95, iLounge rating: B-) is “a simple iPod shuffle belt clip” that “can only be positioned horizontally,” “pricey for such a simple piece of plastic, given competing options,” and “can’t be used with an encased shuffle.”
XtremeMac’s SuperHook ($19.95, iLounge rating: B-) is an “attractive and well-made caribineer-equipped clip that attaches cleanly to the iPod shuffle’s USB plug,” and is “compatible with XtremeMac’s case accessories, and looks classy without them.” However, it’s “over twice the price of a good competing option.”
And finally, though not directly comparable to the non-protective clips above, DLO’s Action Jacket ($24.99, iLounge rating: A-) includes a pivoting belt clip, case and armband for the price. We described it as a “highly protective iPod shuffle armband” that “converts into a stand-alone vulcanized neoprene case with sturdy belt clip, which can be ratcheted 180 degrees into your choice of positions.”
As always, you can click on any of the titles above to see our comprehensive reviews for each product.
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?