Clips, Clips, Clips: iPod shuffle Options, Compared
We’ve added a new section to the iLounge reviews page: iPod shuffle Clips. As of today, we’ve reviewed seven different ways you can attach your iPod to your clothes or a bag, as well as one clip option that doubles as a case and armband. Here’s the short and sweet of what we’ve found so far:
Bruddy’s ShuffleMate ($16.95, iLounge rating: B) is “an easy way to wear your iPod shuffle without a lanyard, manage your shuffle’s earbuds when in or out of use,” though “a bit pricey for a simple accessory, similarly a little inelegant by comparison with other clip options.”
DLO’s Flip Clip ($19.95, iLounge rating: B+) is “sturdy, attractively designed and useful,” but “pricey and not compatible with typical cases, so if used with shuffle, you’re locked into an unprotective solution.”
JP’s Clip + Armband for iPod shuffle ($21.99, iLounge rating: C+) is “a relatively inexpensive combination of armband and iPod clip in one package,” but “neither the armband nor the clip is as good as other options we’ve seen, including at least one option with very similar functionalty in the same price range, which unlike this includes full and attractive iPod shuffle protection.”
Marware’s Sport Grip ($8.95 each, 3/$19.95, iLounge rating: B) has “silicone rubber” that “adds attractive colored accents to the iPod shuffle’s sides, top and bottom, with cool-looking carabiner and optional detachable lanyard necklace,” but the three-pack’s “necklace clasp broke on detachment from Sport Grip, an issue Marware promises to address in immediate future.”
ShuffleClip by ShuffleClip ($14.95, iLounge rating: D+) is “a simple iPod shuffle belt clip” that “by comparison with other available options has rough edges, is flimsy, and doesn’t hold shuffle firmly.”
XtremeMac’s SuperClip ($14.95, iLounge rating: B-) is “a simple iPod shuffle belt clip” that “can only be positioned horizontally,” “pricey for such a simple piece of plastic, given competing options,” and “can’t be used with an encased shuffle.”
XtremeMac’s SuperHook ($19.95, iLounge rating: B-) is an “attractive and well-made caribineer-equipped clip that attaches cleanly to the iPod shuffle’s USB plug,” and is “compatible with XtremeMac’s case accessories, and looks classy without them.” However, it’s “over twice the price of a good competing option.”
And finally, though not directly comparable to the non-protective clips above, DLO’s Action Jacket ($24.99, iLounge rating: A-) includes a pivoting belt clip, case and armband for the price. We described it as a “highly protective iPod shuffle armband” that “converts into a stand-alone vulcanized neoprene case with sturdy belt clip, which can be ratcheted 180 degrees into your choice of positions.”
As always, you can click on any of the titles above to see our comprehensive reviews for each product.
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?