DJ-AM and Sean Avery on iPods & Accessories
This week in iPod Stars: Whether you follow music, sports, or just the celebrity gossip pages, you’re sure to know one or both of this week’s iPod Stars.
DJ-AM (real name: Adam Goldstein) is one of Hollywood’s biggest celebrity DJs, known as much for spinning records at clubs and huge (Spiderman 2, War of the Worlds, PlayStation 2) premiere parties as for his high-profile relationship with Simple Life star Nicole Richie. Still actively DJing in Las Vegas and Hollywood hot spots, it’s no surprise to hear that he’s a huge iPod fan with a customized model. Here’s what he told us about his favorite toys; you can check out one of his tracks (Born Blind) on the iTunes Store right now.
iLounge: Which iPod’s your favorite, and why?
DJ-AM: I love the 80 gig video iPod. I have one, and I customized the colors to look like a Nike Air Max 95. I have almost 10,000 songs in my iTunes, so I need that kinda capacity to hold ‘em all.
iLounge: How do you feel about digital music?
DJ-AM: I LOVE it, and it is not going anywhere. I have digitized a LOT of my vinyl records, and they sound just fine in digital format. It really depends on which encoder you choose.
iLounge: What are some must-carry portable listening accessories you use while traveling?
iLounge: What are some of your favorite tracks on your iPod?
DJ-AM: That’s a tough one cause there is so much in it that I like. Right now its the Justice Remix of Simian’s - Never Alone Again and a group called “Does it Offend You, Yeah?” and the song is called We Are Rockstars. I just love that I have everything from Neil Young to N.O.R.E.
If you’ve been watching the Los Angeles Kings, Detroit Red Wings, or MTV Cribs, you know all about Sean Avery, a current King who played with the Wings in their championship 2001-2002 season. As one of the National Hockey League’s most outspoken - and penalized - players, Avery has courted controversy on and off the ice, but has remained in the spotlight with his girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert, and frequent appearances on Los Angeles and Orange County’s Indie 103.1 radio station, where he shows up to talk music, not sports. Having just finished assembling a celebrity playlist for the iTunes Store, Sean told us a bit about his love for the iPod.
iLounge: How do you use your iPod, both on and off the ice?
Sean: I’m in charge of music in the dressing room before games, so my iPod gets all the boys pumped up before a game.
iLounge: Which iPod is your favorite, and why?
Sean: My fav iPod is the 60 gig [video] in black.
iLounge: What are some of the highlights of your library?
Sean: Favorite content on my iPod right now is the last season of Inside The Actors Studio.
iLounge: What is the coolest iPod accessory you own?
Sean: My iHome alarm clock is my fav accessory.
Thanks to both DJ-AM and Sean Avery for taking the time out from their busy schedules to chat with iLounge. We’ll have more iPod Stars to share with you next week!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac