DJ-AM and Sean Avery on iPods & Accessories
This week in iPod Stars: Whether you follow music, sports, or just the celebrity gossip pages, you’re sure to know one or both of this week’s iPod Stars.
DJ-AM (real name: Adam Goldstein) is one of Hollywood’s biggest celebrity DJs, known as much for spinning records at clubs and huge (Spiderman 2, War of the Worlds, PlayStation 2) premiere parties as for his high-profile relationship with Simple Life star Nicole Richie. Still actively DJing in Las Vegas and Hollywood hot spots, it’s no surprise to hear that he’s a huge iPod fan with a customized model. Here’s what he told us about his favorite toys; you can check out one of his tracks (Born Blind) on the iTunes Store right now.
iLounge: Which iPod’s your favorite, and why?
DJ-AM: I love the 80 gig video iPod. I have one, and I customized the colors to look like a Nike Air Max 95. I have almost 10,000 songs in my iTunes, so I need that kinda capacity to hold ‘em all.
iLounge: How do you feel about digital music?
DJ-AM: I LOVE it, and it is not going anywhere. I have digitized a LOT of my vinyl records, and they sound just fine in digital format. It really depends on which encoder you choose.
iLounge: What are some must-carry portable listening accessories you use while traveling?
iLounge: What are some of your favorite tracks on your iPod?
DJ-AM: That’s a tough one cause there is so much in it that I like. Right now its the Justice Remix of Simian’s - Never Alone Again and a group called “Does it Offend You, Yeah?” and the song is called We Are Rockstars. I just love that I have everything from Neil Young to N.O.R.E.
If you’ve been watching the Los Angeles Kings, Detroit Red Wings, or MTV Cribs, you know all about Sean Avery, a current King who played with the Wings in their championship 2001-2002 season. As one of the National Hockey League’s most outspoken - and penalized - players, Avery has courted controversy on and off the ice, but has remained in the spotlight with his girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert, and frequent appearances on Los Angeles and Orange County’s Indie 103.1 radio station, where he shows up to talk music, not sports. Having just finished assembling a celebrity playlist for the iTunes Store, Sean told us a bit about his love for the iPod.
iLounge: How do you use your iPod, both on and off the ice?
Sean: I’m in charge of music in the dressing room before games, so my iPod gets all the boys pumped up before a game.
iLounge: Which iPod is your favorite, and why?
Sean: My fav iPod is the 60 gig [video] in black.
iLounge: What are some of the highlights of your library?
Sean: Favorite content on my iPod right now is the last season of Inside The Actors Studio.
iLounge: What is the coolest iPod accessory you own?
Sean: My iHome alarm clock is my fav accessory.
Thanks to both DJ-AM and Sean Avery for taking the time out from their busy schedules to chat with iLounge. We’ll have more iPod Stars to share with you next week!
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10