Export from iTunes to CompactFlash Card | iLounge Article

Article

Export from iTunes to CompactFlash Card

Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.

View the complete Ask iLounge archives...

Q: Is it possible to use iTunes to export songs from a playlist to external media. I like to carry some selected playlists on the CF card on my PDA and don’t know how to transfer the songs. Thanks!

- Sonal

A: In typical Apple fashion, this is easier than you might think. To easily “export” the songs from a playlist, simply do the following:

1. Open the playlist in iTunes;
  2. Select all the songs in the playlist with “Edit—> Select All”;
  3. Drag the songs out of iTunes onto the desktop (or directly to your CF Card in Windows Explorer);

That’s it!  A copy of your files is made where you drop them.  Do be careful that the songs you’re exporting are playable by your PDA’s software.  For example, your software may not play AAC files, and certainly won’t play songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store.

Jerrod H. is an iLounge Contributing Editor, with frequent contributions to our iPod 101 and 201 tutorials, plus occasional hardware and software product reviews.

« Songs Cut Out on iPod

Copying Music from iPod to Computer »

Comments

Do you have to buy the charger or does it come with the ipod?

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 7, 2005 at 2:23 PM (CDT)

I have been downloading music off an i-mac, I now have a PC, and would like to start downloading on to the PC.  However the program on the pc said all information would be erased, is there a way to keep my current songs, and start downloading from the PC?

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 7, 2005 at 5:03 PM (CDT)

I have exactly the same problem as fafa on 08.07.05 and would love to know the answer!  Surely this is quite common?  What if I wanted to change to another mac would this work?  ideally though it would be pc.

Please help!

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 10, 2005 at 9:04 AM (CDT)

I got a new computer, and lost all the songs on my old one.  I still have all the songs on my iPod though, so how do i get the songs from my iPod and put them back into iTunes?

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 10, 2005 at 11:45 AM (CDT)

Two ipods set up on pc’s.  bought & plugged each into emac.  they charged fine, but when unplugged they were really hot and now neither will even turn on !?!

whatup?

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 10, 2005 at 9:18 PM (CDT)

I have a new iPod Photo 60G.
I have been getting complaints from windows about a corrupt art database, but the iPod seems fine otherwise, and the artwork displays.

When I tried to find scandisk, I used the hard disk manager, and it shows a 39G unused disk space.
Think they used a 100G drive, and limited the iPod util to 60G? Is there really another 39G there?

Could I format it with windows and get that 39G?

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 11, 2005 at 9:41 AM (CDT)

I made a slight mistake about hat unused space: It’s 39MB, not 39GB.

That’s probably not worth trying to add to the drive.

:O(

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 11, 2005 at 10:11 AM (CDT)

Hi,

My ipod won’t play songs. The display works fine. It even gets to the screen where you select your song and it displays the song info and the “Play” icon is active. However, nothing happens!

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on August 26, 2005 at 9:18 AM (CDT)

how do you delete contacts from your ipod nano??

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on December 31, 2005 at 5:20 PM (CST)