Exporting XP Contact Info to Pod via PowerBook | iLounge Article

Article

Exporting XP Contact Info to Pod via PowerBook

Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.

View the complete Ask iLounge archives...

Q: I have all my telephone numbers saved in my personal address book under Microsoft Outlook on my office machine running Windows XP. I recently bought a PowerBook. Would it be possible for me to transfer my existing address book from my Windows XP computer to my iPod photo using my PowerBook?

- Sid

A:  If you’re using Outlook, the procedure is a bit long. Click Addresses, then select a contact. Select File > Export > Business Card (vCard), and save the contact as a .vcf file. You’ll need to do this for every one of your contacts. Sigh…

However, there is a program called OutPod that can save all your Outlook contacts in a single vCard file. This is a big time-saver.

Once you have that vCard file, just double-click it on your Mac. Address Book will open and ask if you want to import your contacts. After you have done this, connect your iPod to your Mac and open iSync (this is found in your Applications folder). Check the box to turn on synchronization for your iPod, then check Contacts, and select All Contacts or specific groups, if you have arranged your contacts in groups. Click Sync Now, and your contact info will be copied to the iPod.

Kirk McElhearn is the author of several books including iPod & iTunes Garage. His blog, Kirkville features articles about the iPod, iTunes, Mac OS X and much more.

The most asked question at iLounge.com:

How do I copy content from my iPod/iPhone onto my computer?

Converting DVDs, web video, TV shows and more:

The Complete Guide to iPod, Apple TV and iPhone Video Formats

Converting DVDs, web video, TV shows and more:

The Complete Guide to iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Video Conversion (Mac)

Converting DVDs, web video, TV shows and more:

The Complete Guide to iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Video Conversion (Win)

Best Speakers?

Best Headphones?

Best Case?

Best In-Car Solution?

Best Battery Extender?

Find more answers in the latest publications in our Library. Free downloads developed by the editors of iLounge!

Ask iLounge Archives:

1-24-14: Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks

1-22-14: Splitting purchased content between two iPads

12-13-13: Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers

12-11-13: Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone

12-6-13: Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac

Read more recent Ask iLounge articles...

View the complete Ask iLounge archives...

« Two iPods, One Computer

iTunes and XP SP2 Firewalls »

Comments

Just a couple of other helpful hints for a couple of questions.

You can retain the CDDB data on a burned CD in iTunes, all you have to do is burn a data CD instead of a regular CD. You won’t be able to play the CD in a regular CD player (although a lot of CD/DVD players these days can play data CDs) but you will be able to transfer your music to another machine.

As for transferring Outlook contacts there are a couple of products for Windows that make life a lot easier than the process outlined above. iPodSync is a great tool for synching not only your Outlook contacts, but your calendar, tasks, and even your email. Another program that offers similar functionality is PocketMac (yes it works for windows). Good luck!

Posted by Hadley Stern on December 16, 2004 at 4:09 PM (PDT)

When I got my 3rd gen 40 gig iPod last year, I began using a work PowerBook for all my music.  Now my library is so large that it is compromising the performance on the laptop and I am being told to move my collection off the PowerBook.  I recently received a Windows XP machine at home, but don’t know how to transfer the song files from the PowerBook to the Windows computer.  Can this even be done?  Can it be done in a way that preserves all of the song names?  I know that trading computer OS’s will reformat my iPod, so I have to do it correctly the first time!!  Help!

Posted by Eggsalad77 on December 16, 2004 at 7:13 PM (PDT)

My ipod does not accept music files marked wma. Is there any way I can dowload these tracks to my ipod? Is there a program I need or what?

Posted by rock8092 on December 16, 2004 at 8:29 PM (PDT)

I have music that was copied from some cds that I owned to my pc. I wanted to download those songs to my ipod but they are wma copy protected. Is there a way to download this music from my pc to my pod?

Posted by rock8092 on December 16, 2004 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

I burn non-data CDs all the time using Media Center with CD Text On. This saves album, artist and song names on the CD. Redular players can play it and audio equipment like car stereos with CD Text features will display the information.

Posted by Crayola Boy in Santa Cruz, CA, USA on December 16, 2004 at 11:28 PM (PDT)

CD Text is a special feature of some CD players. Not all CD players will be able to display that information, and I don’t think any computers can.

Posted by Kirk McElhearn on December 17, 2004 at 12:16 AM (PDT)

Computers can display CD Text but not through iTunes. And because it isn’t integrated into iTunes I wouldn’t recommend using it. However, here is a list of programs (for the PC and Mac, and even Linux) that can handle CD Text:

Nero Burning
MP3 CD Maker 1.40
CDRWin 4.0
CD-Recorder 4.0.33
WaveBurner Demo
X-CD-Roast 0.96ex
Feurio!

good luck!

Posted by Hadley Stern on December 17, 2004 at 6:14 AM (PDT)

Help….  I’ve just brought an iPod Photo and am having problems downloading CD’s.  What is the quickest way to do this as I can only do it in ‘real time’ and am also having problems trasferring from iTunes to my iPod?  Thanks

Posted by S2239 in UK on December 17, 2004 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

Help…. I’ve just brought an iPod Photo and am having problems downloading CD’s. What is the quickest way to do this as I can only do it in ‘real time’ and am also having problems trasferring from iTunes to my iPod? Thanks

Posted by S2239 in UK on December 17, 2004 at 7:04 AM (PDT)

If I have iTunes recognize music on someone else’s comp in my network, will those songs get sync’d to my ipod?

Posted by Asher in Oakland, CA on December 17, 2004 at 8:25 AM (PDT)

Hadley,

Thanks for the pointer on the CD Text stuff. But those are all CD burning programs, right? So it’s not really like they’re displaying the info as you play back CDs…

Kirk

Posted by Kirk McElhearn on December 17, 2004 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

This tells you more than you probably want to know about CD-Text.

There’s a few Windows utils that can display CD-Text (although since you have CDDB/FreeDB why bother?):

Cd-Text Manager (WMP Plugin)

HACP CS Player

CD-TExt Reader

ISOBuster

Feurio (can read as well as write!)

Nero (Using Nero Disk Info or command line “NeroCMD—cdinfo—drivename”)

Posted by Demosthenes on December 17, 2004 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

Add to that list J. River Media Center 10. I’ve had friends include CD Text on mix discs burned for me and it works just fine on my computer using Media Center. I never had to input any information.

Under TOOLS-OPTIONS check the USE CD TEXT box.

Posted by Crayola Boy in Santa Cruz, CA, USA on December 17, 2004 at 4:40 PM (PDT)

Under TOOLS-OPTIONS check the USE CD TEXT box.

Does MC display CD-Text as well as write it? I thought it could just write.

Posted by Demosthenes on December 17, 2004 at 4:46 PM (PDT)

I have a 4th gen 40GB iPod. I recently updated the iPod updater and iTunes.

Very soon after, the iPod just crashed. The micro disk inside kept producing very loud mechanical sounds. Pressing Menu + Play/Pause to troubleshoot it was futile. I understand that I must send this for proper servicing, but does anybody know what may cause this problem?

Thanks

Posted by bioanarchism in Singapore on December 17, 2004 at 9:28 PM (PDT)

Getting a new computer for Christmas! (pc) What is the best way to set up my ipod to work with it with out having to rewrite the entire thing!

Posted by PixelPaper in PA on December 18, 2004 at 5:26 AM (PDT)

I own a 40Gig Ipod (Version 2.0.2) and would like to buy a media reader to store digital pcitures.  The Belkin Media Reader supports versions 2.1 and later.  Any recommendations on what to buy?

Posted by mcplant1958 on December 18, 2004 at 8:08 AM (PDT)

I think the CDDB is also online because I inserted a cd I burned into a computer (Mac) not connected to the internet and the track info wasn’t present. But when I inserted it to another Mac connected to the internet, the track names appeared upon insert. And neither of those computers had those songs ever played on them.

Posted by DoTheChew on December 18, 2004 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

I have experienced my iPod not allowing me to access the menu from time to time when I am using the FM transmitter.  All of the other functions will work but I cannot access the menu, I press on the button and nothing happens.  The way I have to handle this problem is by connecting it back to my PC…at length it works again once I’ve synced it.  Is this normal?

Posted by IKPrince on December 18, 2004 at 6:34 PM (PDT)

I have a 2nd gen. iPod. and I am having a problem syncing it with my pc. I use Music Match, when I go to Device Manager, and tell it to sync, by all indication it’s doing it, when the process is complete, I check the iPod and it says songs on iPod 0, capacity of iPod 18.5 GB, available space 4.5 GB. The iPod thinks music is going to it, but nothing is there?  What is wrong with it? A friend was able to put music on the ipod with his computer, I don’t understand why it’s not working on mine.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m not computer savvy, so I need help.

Posted by SnMe in NH on December 18, 2004 at 7:24 PM (PDT)

Why did my ITunes Library get transferred to my Purchased Music file? My Library also is now is inverted, the last tunes are now first!

Posted by oldskool in Los Angeles on December 18, 2004 at 9:21 PM (PDT)

Winamp can display CD text and you should write it whenever you can cause it wont harm in any way the ability of older player to play the CD - cause it is compatible backwards

Posted by LinkTree in IL on December 19, 2004 at 2:18 AM (PDT)

How do I get my playlist from Windows Media Player (latest version) to my ipod mini? or at least to my itunes lists

Posted by Ralphluver on December 19, 2004 at 9:28 AM (PDT)

I am trying unsuccessfully to move music from Dell Jukebox to i tunes.  I burned a CD and tried to transfer.  The titles transfer but the music doesn’t.  Any ideas??

Posted by normrif in Vienna, VA on December 19, 2004 at 5:44 PM (PDT)

i have been given a couple of cds containing mp3 files which i want to put onto my itunes libary…but how can i do this so that each mp3 cd becomes an album in my itunes libary rather than just random songs in my libary???

Posted by raks in england on December 20, 2004 at 2:01 PM (PDT)

I just recieved an iPod Photo 40 gigs. After updating it with photos and music, i figured out that I didn’t want a certain selection of photos on it. Due to my novice’s knowledge of the iPod, I merely opened the iPod with the windows explorer and deleted the Thumbs folder as well as the entire photo cache and full resolutions folder. To my great dismay, it led to the iPod’s disability to update photos, and whenever I try to update my iPod, it gives me a warning sign saying ” The iPod could not be updated, the required file could not be found.”

Could you tell me how to fix this? I’ve already tried restoring, resetting, uninstalling and such, maybe I’m missing something?

Posted by Kyoukamu on December 20, 2004 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

Can anyone tell me how to keep my ipod from automatically syncing with itunes.  I want to do it manually.  I am using Windows.

Posted by normrif in Vienna, VA on December 21, 2004 at 8:23 PM (PDT)

how do u get the songs to be the write file type?

Posted by brutis on December 23, 2004 at 3:15 AM (PDT)

What do you all think of the Griffin iTrip for use in the Los Angeles area? I understand that reception can sometimes be bad and that it might be better to get my car a different set-up from a stereo store in LA rather than use the iTrip. Thanks much!

Posted by oliveoil on December 23, 2004 at 8:02 AM (PDT)

what is the download that will let you download from multiple computers.

Posted by apc2104 on December 24, 2004 at 10:09 PM (PDT)

How do I import songs from a friends ipod to my itunes??

Posted by d run on December 25, 2004 at 7:03 PM (PDT)

hi everyone well this is my 1st post smile , i wanted to know why Apple, under battery care says you shouldn’t charge your Ipod when its i a case or sleeve. i have “Ipod armor”, do i have to take it out every-time i charge my Ipod ?

Thanks sonyman!

Posted by sonyman in toronto on December 25, 2004 at 11:30 PM (PDT)

How do you delete music from the Mini Ipod?

Posted by Suglump on December 26, 2004 at 12:28 AM (PDT)

i have several pcs. each one is located in a diff place.  how do i go about adding stuff and copying to the ipod ? my daughter says that i can only use 1 pc. is that true ?

Posted by manolo on December 26, 2004 at 9:34 AM (PDT)

Hi Everyone !!

HELP!! My daughter received an Ipod Mini for Christmas and I currently have Windows ME . I just found out that you need Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Can I do anything with this Ipod using the Windows ME ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Posted by caseyjoe in illinois, USA on December 26, 2004 at 2:02 PM (PDT)

I have just got a 60gb photo ipod - my question is where do I download the album cover art from? - I have 4.7 itunes installed.

Posted by Vimmes on December 26, 2004 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

Q:  Can I install my new iPod software, and register my iPod on two computers?

Posted by peotski in MI, USA on December 26, 2004 at 5:32 PM (PDT)

I was going to get an old M8697LL/A but I don’t know if its PC ready? anyone know if the M8697LL/A works on my windows based system?

Posted by YQM on December 26, 2004 at 7:45 PM (PDT)

i have a imac G3 from 2000 which does not include firewire. I’m panicing because my ipod is on it’s way and i want it to work. well, will there be a problem with it working?

Posted by jewly in tulsa, ok on December 26, 2004 at 8:38 PM (PDT)

on iTunes i copy a cd and its fine i then connect to the internet and click on “get cd track names” but it dosen’t work it comes up with one of two mesages 1:
“CDDB imformation is not available for some of these items”

or 2:  “An error occurred while accessing the CDDB server. Check your Internet connection and configuration”

i dont know what is wrong pleese help

Posted by no fear in england northumberland on December 27, 2004 at 8:28 AM (PDT)

Can anyone help?
ITunes 4.7 is a nightmare. Error message (0x8004070707)! I have had ITunes since August for my Ipod. I added an Ipod mini for my daughter and after installing the latest software (Ver 4.7.0.42)I get an error message indicating the drivers for importing and burning CDS are missing due to conflicts with other software. (Error message

I removed NERO ultra edition 6, IN CD software, My DVD and some others. (It seems like my Dell system came with all kinds of software that I never use) How do i get rid of this software. I get error messages when I try to remove ITunes 4.7 (0x8004070707).  Is there a way to go back to the pervious version of ITunes? I’ve tried to use the windows utility system restore to go back… it won’t reset my system to a time before I installed ITunes 4.7.

Thanks

Posted by jrb2003 on December 27, 2004 at 7:12 PM (PDT)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

My ipod is configured for windows xp. My windows xp computer died forever.  i just bought a G5 and is their anyway possible i can transfer my music from my ipod onto the G5? is their some kind of shareware for that?

Posted by infamousmac on December 28, 2004 at 9:00 AM (PDT)

I just got my iPod on christmas and it’s already doing weird things.. like skipping to the next song before the one im listening to is over and then skipping back really fast. then just sitting there (and i can hear the computer inside working) and no matter what i touch nothing happens at all.  i reset it but it does it again like the next day.  anyone have any advice?

Posted by ashlee in tx on December 28, 2004 at 11:19 AM (PDT)

I have had my ipod for over a year now, and have just got around to upgrading my itunes package from version 4.1, to version 4.7. I find that it is a lot slower when importing songs from a c.d., the old version ran at top speed, where as the new one runs at a slower rate, and stops then starts up again after each track. Is this common, or am i doing somthing wrong, it’s not a major problem, just bugging me.

Posted by Reeds in london on December 29, 2004 at 3:37 AM (PDT)

Is there a way to password protect your Ipod, so if it gets stolen no one will beable to look at your contacts or listen to music?

-doe

Posted by Doe on December 29, 2004 at 9:06 PM (PDT)

I downloaded music on an Apple IBook to my IPod and was trying to put some music from a Windows computer but it said the IPod had to be formatted. If I format it once and lose everything can I use Mac and Windows to download or does it have to be one or the other?

Posted by ToshInNater on December 30, 2004 at 6:13 PM (PDT)

Okay… I’m planning to purchase an Ipod today.  I have read the the “help” piece on combinig tracks, the FAQs on the same subject, perused the forums containing the same subjuect and am STILL unable to do this.  It appears, on paper anyway , to be a simple process, yet “join cd tracks” remains grayed-out no matter what I do.  If I can’t figure this out today, I’m gonna spend my money on something else.  Thanks!

Posted by drstenchlor on December 31, 2004 at 7:39 AM (PDT)

I recently purchased a used IPOD. It came with charger plug and chordes for hooking up to computer but had no CD software disk. Can I download what I need or purchase software CD? How do I change the name registered in the IPOD & is it possible to delete some but save other music tracks already on ipod? Tx, Bogey

Posted by bogey in USA on January 1, 2005 at 5:02 AM (PDT)

I have a 4th gen 20g Ipod. I am running XP. Does the USB2 cable charge the ipod. I know the firewire does.

Posted by dromaine in AZ on January 1, 2005 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

Help-  I bought a mini to toslink cable (digital optical) to hook my ipod to my receiver but no sound plays.  anyone know why?  are there settings on the ipod or my receiver I have to change?

Posted by Franklin Snarl on January 1, 2005 at 11:48 AM (PDT)

I just bought a new 60 GB ipod photo and I followed the directions when I put the disk in the computer and it told me that the ipod needed to be formated and it has been formatting for 8 hours.  Is it downloading all my files right now or is something messed up?

Posted by desireeh on January 1, 2005 at 4:59 PM (PDT)

I would like to know is there is any accessory that let you listen to radios station (AM-FM) with the iPod.

Thanks and Happy New Year Ricky

Posted by Rickytin in Puerto Rico on January 1, 2005 at 5:41 PM (PDT)

I just bought an ipodmini at Xmas. Is there a microphone that works on the mini?

Posted by realmary on January 2, 2005 at 8:21 PM (PDT)

I just purchased a Bose Sound dock for my ipod (mini).  After 2 days of listening, I went to retrieve my ipod from the dock and all of the files seem to have been deleted.  Any idea of what could have caused this, or if you have ever heard of this happening before?

Posted by lov2cre8 on January 3, 2005 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

When I got my ipod disconnected from the computer it appears as all my songs were gone..but when I plugged it in again the playlist is back….How can I ricover my list to be displayed on the ipod?

Posted by LoupGarou on January 3, 2005 at 4:31 PM (PDT)

My computer doesnt recognize my ipod, and therefore i cant get any music on to it.  Please help!

Posted by Jessanna on January 5, 2005 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

I have a Digital Turntable (pioneer CDJ800). It has a Digital output port in back. I was wondering if I could use a wire converted from my iPOD headphone jack to a single RCA into the turntable unit and still be able to stop - rewind - and pause live music.

side note: will it mess up my iPOD?

Posted by barrylai in san leandro on January 7, 2005 at 4:26 PM (PDT)

Hi there
i have a 20gb ipod and have around 2000 songs which i have transfered from my friend apple laptop. i want to put all my songs from my P.C onto my ipod but dont want to erase all the songs already on it! is there a way to do this or not??????????

Posted by espence on January 7, 2005 at 10:03 PM (PDT)

I’m about to buy a new PC. How do I transfer over 30GB of MP3 files from my old iTunes library to my new computer? Also, can I use my iPod on both computers?

Posted by Phaffle on January 8, 2005 at 8:31 AM (PDT)

HELP i cant figure out how to download iStories onto my 4th generation ipod

Posted by Help-please on January 9, 2005 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

Help
i have a 4th gen 20g ipod and i dont know how to download istories onto it can anyone help me

Posted by Help-please on January 9, 2005 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

help i have a 4th gen 20g ipod and i cant figure out how to download istories onto it

Posted by Help-please on January 9, 2005 at 10:34 AM (PDT)

Hi,
During the time period when the Ipod reads DO NOT DISCONNECT, my ipod got disconnected. Now my ipod keeps showing this graphic saying to plug the end of the usb port that doesnt go into the computer into my ipod. I keep doing this and nothing happens. I think I might need knew hardware, but if anyone has any ideas let me know. I have the 10 G ipod, so its an older version. thanks!

Posted by dana jaffe in united states on January 19, 2005 at 4:46 AM (PDT)

Someone dropped my Ipod and it won’t respone to anything.  My PC won’t even recognize it.  Is there anything I can do? I hear a noise that sounds like a skipping cd inside my ipod.  I can;t even reformat it.

Posted by austindean in mississippi on January 22, 2005 at 1:33 PM (PDT)

HELP-my computer just crashed and i was wondering if there was a way to transfer the songs on my mini directly to itunes without having to import every cd all over again?

Posted by SamLynn on February 2, 2005 at 5:19 PM (PDT)

Hi,

I was recently using my ipod on the treadmill (just like I have for the past two months) when all of a sudden the music stopped! I lloked at my ipod and the screen was frozen. I couldn’t do anything to the ipod, not even turni it off. After about 40 minutes, it continued to play—but the battery was drained (it was initially full). What do you think happened? Has this happened to you? Thanks a lot!!

Posted by DL1846 in So Cal on February 3, 2005 at 8:32 PM (PDT)

Can you use any omni direction microphones with 40mb ipod? Does anyone know where to find idiot proof directions for vocally recording to ipod.

Posted by warrenmassey in Australia on February 8, 2005 at 8:35 PM (PDT)

Am i right in thinking that the ipod
mini has two different types of click wheel.
One has an enamel texture where as others i have seen have a more
rubber feel to them which look a bit grubby with use.

Posted by leebcn in uk on February 11, 2005 at 9:23 AM (PDT)

Help a Distressed Soldier:  I received my new I-pod christmas 04 and was deployed soon after that.  I could not get more than 1000 songs into its 20G drive.  My question is.  One of my soldiers has the i-tunes hardware installed into his laptop. How can I go about hooking up my I-Pod to his lap top and continue to add songs to it from cd’s without risking losing what I have now.  It will be a long time before I go home to my wife and dont want to take risks at losing the music I have. Thanks

Posted by xander76 on February 15, 2005 at 4:23 AM (PDT)

hi
everytime i click on ITunes the messege: The ITunes application can not be opened. an unknown error has occured. (-50).
So i decided to uninstall my itunes and then reinstall it. It wont let me uninstall itunes and it wont let me reinstall it and a mesege keeps coming up saying (error 1606. could not access network location %USERPROFILE%Local Settingsapplication Data.) So i have no idea why it is doing this. I even tried to go to apple.com and download the new version of ITunes and it gave me the same messege. Please someone help me. I can’t go on without my ITunes

Posted by JDizzle in canada on February 15, 2005 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

I’ve had my 40G iPod for about 6 months. Today it stopped working, when I try the reset I get the Apple logo and can feel a vibrotion anf hear a ‘clicking’ sound. Is ther anything that I can do to fix it?

Posted by Lester King in Australia on February 17, 2005 at 10:21 PM (PDT)

I want to switch computers to download music onto my ipod. Is there a way I can do this without losing all the existing songs that are already on my ipod?

Posted by cathie on February 22, 2005 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

While downloading music, a message pops up saying an unknown error has occured and the download stops. Help!!

Posted by dman on February 22, 2005 at 6:12 PM (PDT)

When I connect my iPod to my laptop and open iTunes, it doesn’t show that there is even an iPod connected, and I don’t see the iPod icon at the bottom right corner of iTunes. How can I fix this?

Posted by ineedipodhelp on March 2, 2005 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

JUST CALL TECH SUPPORT 1-800-APL CARE

Posted by smilelye on March 7, 2005 at 4:43 PM (PDT)

Dear Ipod Lounge Techs…Here is my insanity plea.

” i have had a wonderful pod for just over a year.  I baby this thing, blah, blah, blah. Suddenly one day I get the flashing folder/eclamation point scenario.  So I visit the FAQ on the Ipod Lounge, I visit Apple’s site and find all of these excellent articles on how to test my ipod, reset, etc…My HDD has failed its test and now I am told by an Apple employee you can pay either $299 to fix it or buy a new one…Can someone please help me before I throw this thing off of El Capitain?”

X

Posted by xbennett on March 15, 2005 at 4:22 PM (PDT)

Dear Ipod Lounge Techs…Here is my insanity plea.

X

Posted by xbennett on March 15, 2005 at 4:23 PM (PDT)

help- i have windows xp at my house. there are 5 accoutns on the computer. i have had my itunes on my computer for a while it is now coming up with a message everytime i try and hook up my ipod to itunes to update it. the message reads. “another user is on this computer is using the ipod software, so itunes isunable to communicate with this ipod. please ask the otehr user to log out. now i have goen threw and no one else is loged on with itunes. i am the only one on runing the program right now. but my brother has an ipod too. and he tried loading his ipod programing to the computer. and now it comes up with this. but he is not loged in and it is registered with my ipod #. what do i do??

Posted by nickthedrunk on March 19, 2005 at 6:24 PM (PDT)

i just got a mini ipod 4g and it’s been great but i was using it today, and now all of a sudden it’s not working. i didn’t drop it or anything. help please!

Posted by Alison K. in Michigan on March 25, 2005 at 10:10 AM (PDT)

i just got a mini and all of a sudden today the screen went blank nothing’s coming up and i know it is fully charged, i haven’t dropped it or anything, i’ve been taking good care of it? any ideas of what to do?! please help!

Posted by Alison K. in Michigan on March 25, 2005 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

HELP - Apple can’t!!!

Since updating iTunes to v4.7.1, iTunes can no longer find my Burning software, although it does see the burning drive itself…...
What do I do? Apple seem to be totally useless with this problem.

Posted by Penford in UK on March 29, 2005 at 4:30 AM (PDT)

Hey. I was wondering if there is any way of altering the play count of songs? I know to go higher you can just skip to the end, but is there any way to make a play count lower? But even better, is there any way that if only play 2 minutes of a song, but not the full song, iTunes can count that as a full play? Thanks.

Posted by Joe S. on April 3, 2005 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

I want to be able to listen to local radio stations on my ipod mini while at work. Is there an adapter or anything that will allow me to do this?

-Wendy

Posted by wcarson on April 30, 2005 at 6:49 PM (PDT)

I purchased an ipod and later purchased my mother one, and now she wants all the songs i have on my ipod, how do i transfer the songs back and forth ( share music).

Posted by mychillpod on May 19, 2005 at 12:50 PM (PDT)

I connected my ipod to my computer and opened up the itunes page and it didn’t say my ipod was connected! it’s never happened before cause i already have 126 songs please help ! thanks

Posted by cutiekk72 on June 5, 2005 at 12:19 PM (PDT)