First Hands-On: Holiday 2007 vs. 2006 iPod shuffle, nano colors
Wondering how Apple has changed the colors of its iPod shuffles and nanos from the late 2006 models to the new holiday 2007 versions? We’ve taken a bunch of photographs to show off the new lineup.
While the shuffles’ prices and capacities have remained the same—1GB is still $79—and there’s still a simple silver aluminum shuffle, the new four colors are more muted than their predecessors, with a cranberry red (Product (RED)) shuffle replacing the prior pink version, and purple replacing orange in the family. Our hands-on photos above show how the new red, green, blue, and purple shuffles look by comparison with last year’s most similar colors.
The new third-generation iPod nano colors can also be seen here, compared against last year’s colors, which were the same as the shuffle colors save for the red nano. The holiday 2007 green and blue are notably muted by comparison with last year’s colors, while the new red’s a different shade. Also interesting is the black used in the new nano, which has a slight iridescence. We’re not sure whether it’s exactly the same black as the one used in the iPod classic; both of iLounge’s editors on site thought that the nano had a brighter, more metallic lustre. It could just have been the lighting.
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s iPad mini + iPad (4th-Gen)
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?