First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM3c - Click Here for Details
This new version of Altec Lansing’s popular inMotion iM3 portable speaker system still includes the travel case, infrared remote control, and international power adapters that made its predecessor so popular with travelers, but now includes additional iPod cradle inserts that enable it to work with the iPod nano and fifth-generation iPods. iM3c boxes are labelled “iM3c” for purchaser distinction between this and the prior model; the speakers have a larger and more conspicuous label on their rear.
Griffin Technology SmartShare - Click Here for Details
This new headphone port splitter is the first iPod-matching accessory of its type to include independent volume controls for the left- and right-side listeners. Two people can enjoy iPod music at different volumes, or one person testing two pairs of very different headphones can bring both to the same volume level for rough testing. Surprisingly useful.
Otter Products OtterBox for iPod video - Click Here for Details
This new hard plastic case is the first to offer both anti-shock and truly waterproof protection to owners of the new video-capable iPod. Ideal for outdoor sports and surface swimmers, the new OtterBox follows in the footsteps of five earlier, great cases from the company. An armband is sold separately.
Pacific Rim Marketing/iDiddy Commuter for iPod nano and 5G - Click Here for Details
From the maker of iDiddy, these new leather pocketbook-style travel cases, sold separately for the iPod nano and 5G, include several different compartments to hold more than just the individual iPods. They’re available in different color and stitching patterns.
Risse Racing Technology Mork Mount for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Available in six colors, this machined metal cradle attaches to your iPod nano using thick rubber bands, and then to the handlebars of your bicycle with a sturdy, adjustable metal grip. The name? Yeah, we’re still trying to figure it out, too.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?