First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM3c - Click Here for Details
This new version of Altec Lansing’s popular inMotion iM3 portable speaker system still includes the travel case, infrared remote control, and international power adapters that made its predecessor so popular with travelers, but now includes additional iPod cradle inserts that enable it to work with the iPod nano and fifth-generation iPods. iM3c boxes are labelled “iM3c” for purchaser distinction between this and the prior model; the speakers have a larger and more conspicuous label on their rear.
Griffin Technology SmartShare - Click Here for Details
This new headphone port splitter is the first iPod-matching accessory of its type to include independent volume controls for the left- and right-side listeners. Two people can enjoy iPod music at different volumes, or one person testing two pairs of very different headphones can bring both to the same volume level for rough testing. Surprisingly useful.
Otter Products OtterBox for iPod video - Click Here for Details
This new hard plastic case is the first to offer both anti-shock and truly waterproof protection to owners of the new video-capable iPod. Ideal for outdoor sports and surface swimmers, the new OtterBox follows in the footsteps of five earlier, great cases from the company. An armband is sold separately.
Pacific Rim Marketing/iDiddy Commuter for iPod nano and 5G - Click Here for Details
From the maker of iDiddy, these new leather pocketbook-style travel cases, sold separately for the iPod nano and 5G, include several different compartments to hold more than just the individual iPods. They’re available in different color and stitching patterns.
Risse Racing Technology Mork Mount for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Available in six colors, this machined metal cradle attaches to your iPod nano using thick rubber bands, and then to the handlebars of your bicycle with a sturdy, adjustable metal grip. The name? Yeah, we’re still trying to figure it out, too.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?