First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM3c - Click Here for Details
This new version of Altec Lansing’s popular inMotion iM3 portable speaker system still includes the travel case, infrared remote control, and international power adapters that made its predecessor so popular with travelers, but now includes additional iPod cradle inserts that enable it to work with the iPod nano and fifth-generation iPods. iM3c boxes are labelled “iM3c” for purchaser distinction between this and the prior model; the speakers have a larger and more conspicuous label on their rear.
Griffin Technology SmartShare - Click Here for Details
This new headphone port splitter is the first iPod-matching accessory of its type to include independent volume controls for the left- and right-side listeners. Two people can enjoy iPod music at different volumes, or one person testing two pairs of very different headphones can bring both to the same volume level for rough testing. Surprisingly useful.
Otter Products OtterBox for iPod video - Click Here for Details
This new hard plastic case is the first to offer both anti-shock and truly waterproof protection to owners of the new video-capable iPod. Ideal for outdoor sports and surface swimmers, the new OtterBox follows in the footsteps of five earlier, great cases from the company. An armband is sold separately.
Pacific Rim Marketing/iDiddy Commuter for iPod nano and 5G - Click Here for Details
From the maker of iDiddy, these new leather pocketbook-style travel cases, sold separately for the iPod nano and 5G, include several different compartments to hold more than just the individual iPods. They’re available in different color and stitching patterns.
Risse Racing Technology Mork Mount for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Available in six colors, this machined metal cradle attaches to your iPod nano using thick rubber bands, and then to the handlebars of your bicycle with a sturdy, adjustable metal grip. The name? Yeah, we’re still trying to figure it out, too.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature