First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM3c - Click Here for Details
This new version of Altec Lansing’s popular inMotion iM3 portable speaker system still includes the travel case, infrared remote control, and international power adapters that made its predecessor so popular with travelers, but now includes additional iPod cradle inserts that enable it to work with the iPod nano and fifth-generation iPods. iM3c boxes are labelled “iM3c” for purchaser distinction between this and the prior model; the speakers have a larger and more conspicuous label on their rear.
Griffin Technology SmartShare - Click Here for Details
This new headphone port splitter is the first iPod-matching accessory of its type to include independent volume controls for the left- and right-side listeners. Two people can enjoy iPod music at different volumes, or one person testing two pairs of very different headphones can bring both to the same volume level for rough testing. Surprisingly useful.
Otter Products OtterBox for iPod video - Click Here for Details
This new hard plastic case is the first to offer both anti-shock and truly waterproof protection to owners of the new video-capable iPod. Ideal for outdoor sports and surface swimmers, the new OtterBox follows in the footsteps of five earlier, great cases from the company. An armband is sold separately.
Pacific Rim Marketing/iDiddy Commuter for iPod nano and 5G - Click Here for Details
From the maker of iDiddy, these new leather pocketbook-style travel cases, sold separately for the iPod nano and 5G, include several different compartments to hold more than just the individual iPods. They’re available in different color and stitching patterns.
Risse Racing Technology Mork Mount for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Available in six colors, this machined metal cradle attaches to your iPod nano using thick rubber bands, and then to the handlebars of your bicycle with a sturdy, adjustable metal grip. The name? Yeah, we’re still trying to figure it out, too.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?