First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
Altec Lansing inMotion iM3c - Click Here for Details
This new version of Altec Lansing’s popular inMotion iM3 portable speaker system still includes the travel case, infrared remote control, and international power adapters that made its predecessor so popular with travelers, but now includes additional iPod cradle inserts that enable it to work with the iPod nano and fifth-generation iPods. iM3c boxes are labelled “iM3c” for purchaser distinction between this and the prior model; the speakers have a larger and more conspicuous label on their rear.
Griffin Technology SmartShare - Click Here for Details
This new headphone port splitter is the first iPod-matching accessory of its type to include independent volume controls for the left- and right-side listeners. Two people can enjoy iPod music at different volumes, or one person testing two pairs of very different headphones can bring both to the same volume level for rough testing. Surprisingly useful.
Otter Products OtterBox for iPod video - Click Here for Details
This new hard plastic case is the first to offer both anti-shock and truly waterproof protection to owners of the new video-capable iPod. Ideal for outdoor sports and surface swimmers, the new OtterBox follows in the footsteps of five earlier, great cases from the company. An armband is sold separately.
Pacific Rim Marketing/iDiddy Commuter for iPod nano and 5G - Click Here for Details
From the maker of iDiddy, these new leather pocketbook-style travel cases, sold separately for the iPod nano and 5G, include several different compartments to hold more than just the individual iPods. They’re available in different color and stitching patterns.
Risse Racing Technology Mork Mount for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Available in six colors, this machined metal cradle attaches to your iPod nano using thick rubber bands, and then to the handlebars of your bicycle with a sturdy, adjustable metal grip. The name? Yeah, we’re still trying to figure it out, too.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?