First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
iPod Video Recording Devices
Elgato EyeTV 2 Software and EyeTV 200/500 Model Video Recorders - Click Here for Details
Recipient of one of iLounge’s Best of Show 2006 awards earlier this month in San Francisco, EyeTV 2 software enables iPod owners with Macintosh computers to record standard-definition or high-definition television broadcasts in DVD-ready format, then automatically convert them into iPod-viewable videos. A fully featured program guide is built into the EyeTV 2 software. One of a growing number of hardware devices can be used to process televised video; the EyeTV 200 model records standard-def broadcasts and input from camcorders or VCRs, while EyeTV 500 records high-def broadcasts without additional video inputs. Both use FireWire 400 ports to connect to your computer, and include identical remote controls.
Acoustic Authority iRhythm A302 and A303 Dockable Speaker Systems for iPod - Click Here for Details
iRhythm A302 and A303 are the first dockable iPod speaker system we’ve received from the new Acoustic Authority label of Cyber Acoustics, long-time makers of computer speaker systems. Each includes an infrared remote control and a groove in the back for storage. The same body design comes in two colors (white - A302, or black - A303), and charges your iPod while outputting its audio. Designed to work with Apple’s Universal Dock Adapters, each unit ships with several of its own - the black A303 version even includes silver (!) inserts.
Altec Lansing inMotion iM11 Docking Speaker System - Click Here for Details
Altec Lansing’s latest incarnation of its inMotion speaker system includes a resizeable dock for current and past iPod models, a padded carrying case, and several sets of international power blades for easy use during travel. Line-in and USB connection cables are also included in the package. iM11 is unique in that it’s the first inMotion system to include an iPod dock at the $99 price point.
Intuitive Devices Blinkit for Dock Connector iPods - Click Here for Details
This safety light attachment for iPods features a button to toggle between multiple types of flashing lights - including to the beat of your music - and a collection of colored caps to change the light’s color. You can also turn Blinkit on as a flashlight without any pulsing.
Pacific Rim Technologies iCradle FM - Click Here for Details
This iPod nano-specific car charger, mount, and FM transmitter includes an LCD screen with two right-mounted tuning buttons. Like DLO’s TransPods, it uses a system of screw-locked ratcheting pipes to mount in your cigarette lighter port.
Protective Films and Polishes
Applesauce Products Polish for iPod - Click Here for Details
This set of two creams and a polishing cloth are designed to reduce the visibility of scratches on your iPod.
Handstands Bulletproof Shields for iPod 5G and nano - Click Here for Details
These clear film covers are designed protect the front and back surfaces of iPods and nanos against scratches.
Macally Clear Protective Overlay for 5G iPods and nanos - Click Here for Details
These sets of protective film for your 5G iPod or nano cover each iPod’s front and back, and include Macally’s name on the back surface.
Capdase Classy Leather Case for 5G iPods - Click Here for Details
This PDA-style leather case for fifth-generation iPods includes a detachable arm strap with lobster claw ends, and a detachable belt clip.
Macally IceSuit nano - Click Here for Details
A real evolution of the standard rubber case? Available in two colors, Macally’s IceSuit for iPod nano has novel colored accent markings on its front, and a sophisticated (but Apple-specific) earbud manager on its back.
Macally mPouch for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
This is a simple leather case for iPod nano. You can pass your belt through a loop on the back.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?