First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
Welcome to this week’s edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new this week:
iPod Video Recording Devices
Elgato EyeTV 2 Software and EyeTV 200/500 Model Video Recorders - Click Here for Details
Recipient of one of iLounge’s Best of Show 2006 awards earlier this month in San Francisco, EyeTV 2 software enables iPod owners with Macintosh computers to record standard-definition or high-definition television broadcasts in DVD-ready format, then automatically convert them into iPod-viewable videos. A fully featured program guide is built into the EyeTV 2 software. One of a growing number of hardware devices can be used to process televised video; the EyeTV 200 model records standard-def broadcasts and input from camcorders or VCRs, while EyeTV 500 records high-def broadcasts without additional video inputs. Both use FireWire 400 ports to connect to your computer, and include identical remote controls.
Acoustic Authority iRhythm A302 and A303 Dockable Speaker Systems for iPod - Click Here for Details
iRhythm A302 and A303 are the first dockable iPod speaker system we’ve received from the new Acoustic Authority label of Cyber Acoustics, long-time makers of computer speaker systems. Each includes an infrared remote control and a groove in the back for storage. The same body design comes in two colors (white - A302, or black - A303), and charges your iPod while outputting its audio. Designed to work with Apple’s Universal Dock Adapters, each unit ships with several of its own - the black A303 version even includes silver (!) inserts.
Altec Lansing inMotion iM11 Docking Speaker System - Click Here for Details
Altec Lansing’s latest incarnation of its inMotion speaker system includes a resizeable dock for current and past iPod models, a padded carrying case, and several sets of international power blades for easy use during travel. Line-in and USB connection cables are also included in the package. iM11 is unique in that it’s the first inMotion system to include an iPod dock at the $99 price point.
Intuitive Devices Blinkit for Dock Connector iPods - Click Here for Details
This safety light attachment for iPods features a button to toggle between multiple types of flashing lights - including to the beat of your music - and a collection of colored caps to change the light’s color. You can also turn Blinkit on as a flashlight without any pulsing.
Pacific Rim Technologies iCradle FM - Click Here for Details
This iPod nano-specific car charger, mount, and FM transmitter includes an LCD screen with two right-mounted tuning buttons. Like DLO’s TransPods, it uses a system of screw-locked ratcheting pipes to mount in your cigarette lighter port.
Protective Films and Polishes
Applesauce Products Polish for iPod - Click Here for Details
This set of two creams and a polishing cloth are designed to reduce the visibility of scratches on your iPod.
Handstands Bulletproof Shields for iPod 5G and nano - Click Here for Details
These clear film covers are designed protect the front and back surfaces of iPods and nanos against scratches.
Macally Clear Protective Overlay for 5G iPods and nanos - Click Here for Details
These sets of protective film for your 5G iPod or nano cover each iPod’s front and back, and include Macally’s name on the back surface.
Capdase Classy Leather Case for 5G iPods - Click Here for Details
This PDA-style leather case for fifth-generation iPods includes a detachable arm strap with lobster claw ends, and a detachable belt clip.
Macally IceSuit nano - Click Here for Details
A real evolution of the standard rubber case? Available in two colors, Macally’s IceSuit for iPod nano has novel colored accent markings on its front, and a sophisticated (but Apple-specific) earbud manager on its back.
Macally mPouch for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
This is a simple leather case for iPod nano. You can pass your belt through a loop on the back.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Carbon Fiber, Vibes, Kimonos, iKitty, TuneCommand and Much More
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?