First Looks: Charging Mount, Soft Jacket, shuffle Charger & PowerStick
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
ProClip Padded Tilt-Swivel Mount with Charger - Click Here for Details
ProClip’s newest auto mounting accessory goes a step or so beyond its earlier, highly recommended padded mounts: it now includes a full in-car iPod charger and a flexible rear sizer plate that adjusts for different thicknesses of iPods. The company’s tilt-swivel mechanism also makes an appearance, enabling you to adjust the iPod’s angle 15 degrees in any direction, or rotate it 360 degrees.
Capdase Soft Jacket Value Set for iPod Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new rubber cases for the iPod shuffle promise “amazing soft with the greatest protection,” which should be understood to mean a surprisingly soft texture with full iPod shuffle body coverage. Earphone clips, separate standard and lanyard USB caps, and a detachable lanyard are included with each set. The two colors we’ve seen - white and pink - are very similar to one another.
ezGear ezCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear (aka Audio Outfitters) has released this simple USB car charger that is compatible with the iPod shuffle. It features a single LED light and a flexible cord.
ezGear PowerStick for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear has released a version of its PowerStick that uses 4 AA batteries to charge the iPod shuffle. It’s cosmetically very similar to the company’s earlier PowerStick, which uses a Dock Connector plug to connect with full-sized and mini iPods.
Boosteroo Revolution - Click Here for Details
The Boosteroo Revolution offers an inexpensive amplification and 3D sound enhancement solution for any iPod. It runs off AAA batteries and also includes an audio splitter so that two sets of headphones can be used at once.
Headbanger Audio Ear Subs - Click Here for Details
Headbanger Audio’s new Ear Subs are headphones that promise “studio quality sound with rich bass levels that are well beyond the sound performance of other name brand earphones.” There are two versions of the Ear Subs - one for Dock Connector iPods (in white), and one for all other audio devices (including iPod shuffles, in black).
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Our previous First Looks column, featuring looks at new cases, speakers, and more, is still worth a look if you haven’t seen it already. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple introduces 14-day refund policy on iTunes purchases in the EU
- Report: Beats Music arranging exclusive releases
- Apple announces annual Japanese Lucky Bag promotion
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0