First Looks: Charging Mount, Soft Jacket, shuffle Charger & PowerStick
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
ProClip Padded Tilt-Swivel Mount with Charger - Click Here for Details
ProClip’s newest auto mounting accessory goes a step or so beyond its earlier, highly recommended padded mounts: it now includes a full in-car iPod charger and a flexible rear sizer plate that adjusts for different thicknesses of iPods. The company’s tilt-swivel mechanism also makes an appearance, enabling you to adjust the iPod’s angle 15 degrees in any direction, or rotate it 360 degrees.
Capdase Soft Jacket Value Set for iPod Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new rubber cases for the iPod shuffle promise “amazing soft with the greatest protection,” which should be understood to mean a surprisingly soft texture with full iPod shuffle body coverage. Earphone clips, separate standard and lanyard USB caps, and a detachable lanyard are included with each set. The two colors we’ve seen - white and pink - are very similar to one another.
ezGear ezCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear (aka Audio Outfitters) has released this simple USB car charger that is compatible with the iPod shuffle. It features a single LED light and a flexible cord.
ezGear PowerStick for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear has released a version of its PowerStick that uses 4 AA batteries to charge the iPod shuffle. It’s cosmetically very similar to the company’s earlier PowerStick, which uses a Dock Connector plug to connect with full-sized and mini iPods.
Boosteroo Revolution - Click Here for Details
The Boosteroo Revolution offers an inexpensive amplification and 3D sound enhancement solution for any iPod. It runs off AAA batteries and also includes an audio splitter so that two sets of headphones can be used at once.
Headbanger Audio Ear Subs - Click Here for Details
Headbanger Audio’s new Ear Subs are headphones that promise “studio quality sound with rich bass levels that are well beyond the sound performance of other name brand earphones.” There are two versions of the Ear Subs - one for Dock Connector iPods (in white), and one for all other audio devices (including iPod shuffles, in black).
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Our previous First Looks column, featuring looks at new cases, speakers, and more, is still worth a look if you haven’t seen it already. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Apple buys health data startup Gliimpse
- Report: Apple passes on Lyft acquisition
- Apple releases iOS 10 beta 7 to developers
- Report: iPhone 7 to gain optical image stabilization
- Frank Ocean releases new visual album ‘Endless’ on Apple Music
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app