First Looks: Charging Mount, Soft Jacket, shuffle Charger & PowerStick
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
ProClip Padded Tilt-Swivel Mount with Charger - Click Here for Details
ProClip’s newest auto mounting accessory goes a step or so beyond its earlier, highly recommended padded mounts: it now includes a full in-car iPod charger and a flexible rear sizer plate that adjusts for different thicknesses of iPods. The company’s tilt-swivel mechanism also makes an appearance, enabling you to adjust the iPod’s angle 15 degrees in any direction, or rotate it 360 degrees.
Capdase Soft Jacket Value Set for iPod Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new rubber cases for the iPod shuffle promise “amazing soft with the greatest protection,” which should be understood to mean a surprisingly soft texture with full iPod shuffle body coverage. Earphone clips, separate standard and lanyard USB caps, and a detachable lanyard are included with each set. The two colors we’ve seen - white and pink - are very similar to one another.
ezGear ezCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear (aka Audio Outfitters) has released this simple USB car charger that is compatible with the iPod shuffle. It features a single LED light and a flexible cord.
ezGear PowerStick for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear has released a version of its PowerStick that uses 4 AA batteries to charge the iPod shuffle. It’s cosmetically very similar to the company’s earlier PowerStick, which uses a Dock Connector plug to connect with full-sized and mini iPods.
Boosteroo Revolution - Click Here for Details
The Boosteroo Revolution offers an inexpensive amplification and 3D sound enhancement solution for any iPod. It runs off AAA batteries and also includes an audio splitter so that two sets of headphones can be used at once.
Headbanger Audio Ear Subs - Click Here for Details
Headbanger Audio’s new Ear Subs are headphones that promise “studio quality sound with rich bass levels that are well beyond the sound performance of other name brand earphones.” There are two versions of the Ear Subs - one for Dock Connector iPods (in white), and one for all other audio devices (including iPod shuffles, in black).
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Our previous First Looks column, featuring looks at new cases, speakers, and more, is still worth a look if you haven’t seen it already. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?