First Looks: Charging Mount, Soft Jacket, shuffle Charger & PowerStick
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
ProClip Padded Tilt-Swivel Mount with Charger - Click Here for Details
ProClip’s newest auto mounting accessory goes a step or so beyond its earlier, highly recommended padded mounts: it now includes a full in-car iPod charger and a flexible rear sizer plate that adjusts for different thicknesses of iPods. The company’s tilt-swivel mechanism also makes an appearance, enabling you to adjust the iPod’s angle 15 degrees in any direction, or rotate it 360 degrees.
Capdase Soft Jacket Value Set for iPod Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new rubber cases for the iPod shuffle promise “amazing soft with the greatest protection,” which should be understood to mean a surprisingly soft texture with full iPod shuffle body coverage. Earphone clips, separate standard and lanyard USB caps, and a detachable lanyard are included with each set. The two colors we’ve seen - white and pink - are very similar to one another.
ezGear ezCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear (aka Audio Outfitters) has released this simple USB car charger that is compatible with the iPod shuffle. It features a single LED light and a flexible cord.
ezGear PowerStick for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear has released a version of its PowerStick that uses 4 AA batteries to charge the iPod shuffle. It’s cosmetically very similar to the company’s earlier PowerStick, which uses a Dock Connector plug to connect with full-sized and mini iPods.
Boosteroo Revolution - Click Here for Details
The Boosteroo Revolution offers an inexpensive amplification and 3D sound enhancement solution for any iPod. It runs off AAA batteries and also includes an audio splitter so that two sets of headphones can be used at once.
Headbanger Audio Ear Subs - Click Here for Details
Headbanger Audio’s new Ear Subs are headphones that promise “studio quality sound with rich bass levels that are well beyond the sound performance of other name brand earphones.” There are two versions of the Ear Subs - one for Dock Connector iPods (in white), and one for all other audio devices (including iPod shuffles, in black).
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Our previous First Looks column, featuring looks at new cases, speakers, and more, is still worth a look if you haven’t seen it already. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015