First Looks: Charging Mount, Soft Jacket, shuffle Charger & PowerStick
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
ProClip Padded Tilt-Swivel Mount with Charger - Click Here for Details
ProClip’s newest auto mounting accessory goes a step or so beyond its earlier, highly recommended padded mounts: it now includes a full in-car iPod charger and a flexible rear sizer plate that adjusts for different thicknesses of iPods. The company’s tilt-swivel mechanism also makes an appearance, enabling you to adjust the iPod’s angle 15 degrees in any direction, or rotate it 360 degrees.
Capdase Soft Jacket Value Set for iPod Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new rubber cases for the iPod shuffle promise “amazing soft with the greatest protection,” which should be understood to mean a surprisingly soft texture with full iPod shuffle body coverage. Earphone clips, separate standard and lanyard USB caps, and a detachable lanyard are included with each set. The two colors we’ve seen - white and pink - are very similar to one another.
ezGear ezCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear (aka Audio Outfitters) has released this simple USB car charger that is compatible with the iPod shuffle. It features a single LED light and a flexible cord.
ezGear PowerStick for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
ezGear has released a version of its PowerStick that uses 4 AA batteries to charge the iPod shuffle. It’s cosmetically very similar to the company’s earlier PowerStick, which uses a Dock Connector plug to connect with full-sized and mini iPods.
Boosteroo Revolution - Click Here for Details
The Boosteroo Revolution offers an inexpensive amplification and 3D sound enhancement solution for any iPod. It runs off AAA batteries and also includes an audio splitter so that two sets of headphones can be used at once.
Headbanger Audio Ear Subs - Click Here for Details
Headbanger Audio’s new Ear Subs are headphones that promise “studio quality sound with rich bass levels that are well beyond the sound performance of other name brand earphones.” There are two versions of the Ear Subs - one for Dock Connector iPods (in white), and one for all other audio devices (including iPod shuffles, in black).
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Our previous First Looks column, featuring looks at new cases, speakers, and more, is still worth a look if you haven’t seen it already. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?