First Looks: Graphic Cling, Waterproof 4Gs, iAirPlay, and More
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Speck Products Connect & Protect - Click Here for Details
Speck’s Connect & Protect kit includes a SkinTight shuffle case (iLounge rating: B+) and four different USB cap attachments to “connect” to your bag or clothes.
Graphic Collective Graphic Cling - Click Here for Details
A non-adhesive sticker? Yeah - this attractive vinyl design (and others) is designed to cling to the surface of a fourth-generation iPod, but we weren’t super impressed by its ability to stay on the iPod.
H2O Audio SV-iP4G - Click Here for Details
This full-sized iPod follow-up to H2O Audio’s SV-iMini underwater housing (iLounge rating: B+) preserves its predecessor’s premium price, includes underwater earphones, and now is compatible with different thicknesses of white and chrome iPods. Two neoprene enclosures are sold separately.
Mindknob Glove Leather Case - Click Here for Details
This inexpensive new sleeve for 20GB iPods uses “premium glove leather” and includes a non-detachable belt clip. Larger iPods won’t fit, though.
Otterbox 4G - Click Here for Details
This fourth-generation iPod-fitting version of Otterbox’s top-rated iPod waterproof case is identical in price, performance, and quality - just larger. Two versions are available - one for 20GB iPods, and one for 30-60GB iPods and iPod photos.
All Dock Connecting iPods
Monster iAirPlay - Click Here for Details
This power adapter from Monster Cable is designed to let you keep your iPod running while you’re on an airplane - assuming you can find one of the two types of power adapters currently in use. It also doubles as a car charger.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Check out our earlier Biggest Ever First Looks feature at this link for previews of 15 other new iPod accessories. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- CarPlay to be available in all 2017 Ford models
- Rumors claim new iPhone will be released Sept. 16, could have ‘iPhone 6 SE’ name
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app