First Looks: Graphic Cling, Waterproof 4Gs, iAirPlay, and More
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Speck Products Connect & Protect - Click Here for Details
Speck’s Connect & Protect kit includes a SkinTight shuffle case (iLounge rating: B+) and four different USB cap attachments to “connect” to your bag or clothes.
Graphic Collective Graphic Cling - Click Here for Details
A non-adhesive sticker? Yeah - this attractive vinyl design (and others) is designed to cling to the surface of a fourth-generation iPod, but we weren’t super impressed by its ability to stay on the iPod.
H2O Audio SV-iP4G - Click Here for Details
This full-sized iPod follow-up to H2O Audio’s SV-iMini underwater housing (iLounge rating: B+) preserves its predecessor’s premium price, includes underwater earphones, and now is compatible with different thicknesses of white and chrome iPods. Two neoprene enclosures are sold separately.
Mindknob Glove Leather Case - Click Here for Details
This inexpensive new sleeve for 20GB iPods uses “premium glove leather” and includes a non-detachable belt clip. Larger iPods won’t fit, though.
Otterbox 4G - Click Here for Details
This fourth-generation iPod-fitting version of Otterbox’s top-rated iPod waterproof case is identical in price, performance, and quality - just larger. Two versions are available - one for 20GB iPods, and one for 30-60GB iPods and iPod photos.
All Dock Connecting iPods
Monster iAirPlay - Click Here for Details
This power adapter from Monster Cable is designed to let you keep your iPod running while you’re on an airplane - assuming you can find one of the two types of power adapters currently in use. It also doubles as a car charger.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Check out our earlier Biggest Ever First Looks feature at this link for previews of 15 other new iPod accessories. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- Apple releases first developer betas for iOS 9.3.3, tvOS 9.2.2
- More iPhone 7 leaks surface, protruding camera seen
- Apple pulls iOS 9.3.2 update for 9.7” iPad Pro due to ‘bricking’ issues
- Report: CarPlay coming to BMW vehicles later this year
- Report: One iPhone model to use a glass casing next year
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)