First Looks: Graphic Cling, Waterproof 4Gs, iAirPlay, and More
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Speck Products Connect & Protect - Click Here for Details
Speck’s Connect & Protect kit includes a SkinTight shuffle case (iLounge rating: B+) and four different USB cap attachments to “connect” to your bag or clothes.
Graphic Collective Graphic Cling - Click Here for Details
A non-adhesive sticker? Yeah - this attractive vinyl design (and others) is designed to cling to the surface of a fourth-generation iPod, but we weren’t super impressed by its ability to stay on the iPod.
H2O Audio SV-iP4G - Click Here for Details
This full-sized iPod follow-up to H2O Audio’s SV-iMini underwater housing (iLounge rating: B+) preserves its predecessor’s premium price, includes underwater earphones, and now is compatible with different thicknesses of white and chrome iPods. Two neoprene enclosures are sold separately.
Mindknob Glove Leather Case - Click Here for Details
This inexpensive new sleeve for 20GB iPods uses “premium glove leather” and includes a non-detachable belt clip. Larger iPods won’t fit, though.
Otterbox 4G - Click Here for Details
This fourth-generation iPod-fitting version of Otterbox’s top-rated iPod waterproof case is identical in price, performance, and quality - just larger. Two versions are available - one for 20GB iPods, and one for 30-60GB iPods and iPod photos.
All Dock Connecting iPods
Monster iAirPlay - Click Here for Details
This power adapter from Monster Cable is designed to let you keep your iPod running while you’re on an airplane - assuming you can find one of the two types of power adapters currently in use. It also doubles as a car charger.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Check out our earlier Biggest Ever First Looks feature at this link for previews of 15 other new iPod accessories. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?