First Looks: i-Dog, Krusell, and mini Portfolios | iLounge Article

Article

First Looks: i-Dog, Krusell, and mini Portfolios

Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:

All iPods

Tiger Electronics/Sega i-Dog - Click Here for Details

Developed by Sega in Japan, this battery-powered dog is activated by touching his nose, and uses both motorized head movements and an array of colorful face-mounted lights to respond to whatever music your iPod is playing. You can tweak i-Dog’s tail or talk to him to make him bark, play songs of his own, and move. He also confuses real dogs.

iPod mini

Krusell Music Multidapt for iPod mini - Click Here for Details

This white leather and vinyl case for the iPod mini is compatible with Krusell’s large array of Multidapt clip, swivel, and vehicle mounting accessories (sold separately). A black version is also available.

Speck Portfolio Skin for iPod mini - Click Here for Details

This resized version of Speck’s 4G iPod case Portfolio Skin (iLounge rating: A-/B+/C) is ready for the iPod mini in the same two colors, each with four removable straps.

Full-Sized iPods

Krusell Music Multidapt for iPod - Click Here for Details

These white or black leather and vinyl cases for the iPod are compatible with Krusell’s large array of Multidapt clip, swivel, and vehicle mounting accessories (sold separately). Two sizes are available - one for thinner iPods, one for thicker ones.

We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now! If you’re looking for some other great sneak peeks, see our recent First Looks Special on Nyko’s Movie Player, and our pictorial feature, iLounge Loves Japan, with some cool and weird imported accessories.

« Creating Contacts

Beginners’ Guide to iTunes Videos and PDFs »

Comments

I don’t know from idog, but that photo of it meeting the real life dog is one of the more adorable things I’ve seen this week.

Posted by kingpause on August 2, 2005 at 11:59 AM (CDT)

What a cute dog :) (The real one) Isn’t that a Siberian Husky?

Posted by WarCow on August 2, 2005 at 12:05 PM (CDT)

That’s my Siberian Husky, Sake. Shortly after the photo was taken, he attempted to eat i-Dog, as he does just about anything else that’s on the floor.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on August 2, 2005 at 1:41 PM (CDT)

<3 Sake!

Hrmm, maybe that’s why I get devoured every time I visit, ‘cause I insist on sitting on the floor when I play with him. :\

Posted by pbartholow in Los Angeles, CA on August 2, 2005 at 1:43 PM (CDT)

Orh..how cute :D He should get a iPod of his own ;)

Posted by WarCow on August 2, 2005 at 1:51 PM (CDT)

i love using technology to confuse animals. hahaha…. i want a roomba, just so I can watch my cat attack it. haha

Posted by Puck in washington dc on August 2, 2005 at 4:24 PM (CDT)

ANOTHER iPod toy to confuse animals? That’s thoroughly odd.

And I thought my iBeam was effective!

Posted by Nagromme on August 2, 2005 at 10:17 PM (CDT)

Pictures of him wearing iPods (mini and shuffle) have seriously been attempted - unfortunately, he is unwilling to follow Apple’s surprisingly insightful directive: “Do not eat iPod shuffle.”

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on August 3, 2005 at 1:33 AM (CDT)

Yeah, Mine does that too. I once took my cell phone, made it test-ring, and stuck it under his harness. I have never seen him spin so fast. I don’t intend on doing that again, let alone letting him meet my iPod.

Posted by Noah Gomberg on August 3, 2005 at 1:42 PM (CDT)

click here to see this crazy ass pooch

http://www.universal-models.com/iDog/idog for win low bitrate.mpg

Posted by glenurse on August 4, 2005 at 2:29 PM (CDT)

Sega iDog: Typical Japanese cutesy that abounds in the metropolitan areas of Japan.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on August 4, 2005 at 2:58 PM (CDT)

Target sells the iDog for $29.99…. I found them in the toy department with all the other “virtual pets”.  Of course, I had to get it, and I must say it is quite cute and entertaining…. especially if you enjoy confusing the hell out of your “non-virtual” dogs

Posted by Sanjin in Baton Rouge, LA, USA on August 5, 2005 at 8:09 AM (CDT)

do they make this dog in any other colors or just white?

Posted by jeffcook692 on August 5, 2005 at 8:30 PM (CDT)

Jeremy,

Really enjoy your podcast. Informative and fun. Sake would make lunchmeat out of my two pekingese - altho he looks pretty gentle with that idog! Great picture…

Posted by Ladylake on August 6, 2005 at 9:24 AM (CDT)

FYI, I picked up an iDog at Target this weekend for about $30. It’s pretty cute and keeps my two-year-old daughter very entertained.

Posted by bipto in Minneapolis, MN on August 7, 2005 at 5:45 PM (CDT)

I DONT GET IT?????

Posted by ERICSUMM on August 8, 2005 at 8:42 AM (CDT)