First Looks: iCarrier, Audio Kit, iBoost, Crystal Case
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Ignitek iCarrier - Click Here for Details
One of the largest iPod accessories we’ve ever seen comes from Ignitek: the iCarrier is an elaborate speaker system with an iPod dock at top and a large subwoofer at the bottom. Standing as tall as Fantasy Island’s Herve Villechaize, iCarrier’s features can be remote controlled or accessed via a front panel of buttons.
Nyko iBoost - Click Here for Details
This slim battery pack from Nyko follows up on the company’s iBoost mini, offering an additional 16 hours of play time for any 3G, 4G or photo iPod. As with iBoost mini, it can be docked in an official Apple Dock for easy recharging.
Paul Frank iPod Cases - Click Here for Details
These leather PDA-style cases for full-sized iPods include the images of Julius the Monkey and other Paul Frank designs. They use an elastic strap to hold the iPod inside, are closed with a Velcro tab, and include non-detachable covered metal belt clips.
Pods Plus Crystal Case for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
iPod accessory maker Pods Plus delivers a clear hard plastic iPod shuffle holder with its own included lanyard, two face plates, and one rear plate. You can swap the face plates to give your iPod shuffle a different color, and easily detach or attach the lanyard as you prefer.
XtremeMac Audio Kit for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This collection of accessories from XtremeMac includes an audio splitter, two types of audio cables, a car charger, and a cassette tape adapter for your car.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Apple provides more details on new Apple Music API
- Apple Music for Android adds music videos, Family Plan support
- Icahn pulls out of Apple over China concerns
- Apple launches CareKit, with four apps debuting today
- Alleged schematics for iPhone 7 ‘Pro’ show up in Japanese magazine
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- FBI will not disclose San Bernardino iPhone hack
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q2 results: $50.6B revenue, 51M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)