First Looks: iCarrier, Audio Kit, iBoost, Crystal Case
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Ignitek iCarrier - Click Here for Details
One of the largest iPod accessories we’ve ever seen comes from Ignitek: the iCarrier is an elaborate speaker system with an iPod dock at top and a large subwoofer at the bottom. Standing as tall as Fantasy Island’s Herve Villechaize, iCarrier’s features can be remote controlled or accessed via a front panel of buttons.
Nyko iBoost - Click Here for Details
This slim battery pack from Nyko follows up on the company’s iBoost mini, offering an additional 16 hours of play time for any 3G, 4G or photo iPod. As with iBoost mini, it can be docked in an official Apple Dock for easy recharging.
Paul Frank iPod Cases - Click Here for Details
These leather PDA-style cases for full-sized iPods include the images of Julius the Monkey and other Paul Frank designs. They use an elastic strap to hold the iPod inside, are closed with a Velcro tab, and include non-detachable covered metal belt clips.
Pods Plus Crystal Case for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
iPod accessory maker Pods Plus delivers a clear hard plastic iPod shuffle holder with its own included lanyard, two face plates, and one rear plate. You can swap the face plates to give your iPod shuffle a different color, and easily detach or attach the lanyard as you prefer.
XtremeMac Audio Kit for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This collection of accessories from XtremeMac includes an audio splitter, two types of audio cables, a car charger, and a cassette tape adapter for your car.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore