First Looks: Ice Creme 2, SuperFi, MiniSleevz, and more
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Radtech Ice Creme 2.0 - Click Here for Details
As Radtech’s John Grzeskowiak explains, “when we looked at how iPods were faring in the real world, and what is practical in terms of repairing the damage, this is what we created.” The newly reformulated version of Radtech’s Ice Creme polishing solution for iPod plastics and metals includes an improved Creme A (“a unique blend of chemistry which refinishes Acrylic in a completely new way”), while “aggressive metal damage is now addressed with the refinishing pad” included with the large tube.
Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro - Click Here for Details
These new one-size-fits-all headphones from high-end custom earphone maker Ultimate Ears compete against top-of-the-line offerings from companies such as Shure and Etymotic. Two travel cases, five sets of different silicone rubber and foam earpieces, a sound level attenuator and an adapter jack are included with each pair.
Radtech MiniSleevz - Click Here for Details
These miniature follow-ups to Radtech’s Optex fabric third-generation PodSleevz cover the iPod mini’s metal surfaces but leave its top and bottom exposed. Multiple colors are available; and the Optex leaves your iPod’s surfaces unblemished wherever it covers them. There’s also a version for 4G iPods and iPod photos.
STM Mini Skin - Click Here for Details
This lanyard-equipped plastic iPod mini holder parallels STM’s earlier plastic inserts for full-sized iPod cocoon cases, but fits the iPod mini, and is sold separately. A new 4G iPod version is included with currently shipping STM Cocoon cases.
Vaja AP11 for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new premium leather case for the iPod shuffle features lightly engraved control icons on its front and compatibility with both of Apple’s packed-in USB caps.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?