First Looks: Ice Creme 2, SuperFi, MiniSleevz, and more
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Radtech Ice Creme 2.0 - Click Here for Details
As Radtech’s John Grzeskowiak explains, “when we looked at how iPods were faring in the real world, and what is practical in terms of repairing the damage, this is what we created.” The newly reformulated version of Radtech’s Ice Creme polishing solution for iPod plastics and metals includes an improved Creme A (“a unique blend of chemistry which refinishes Acrylic in a completely new way”), while “aggressive metal damage is now addressed with the refinishing pad” included with the large tube.
Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro - Click Here for Details
These new one-size-fits-all headphones from high-end custom earphone maker Ultimate Ears compete against top-of-the-line offerings from companies such as Shure and Etymotic. Two travel cases, five sets of different silicone rubber and foam earpieces, a sound level attenuator and an adapter jack are included with each pair.
Radtech MiniSleevz - Click Here for Details
These miniature follow-ups to Radtech’s Optex fabric third-generation PodSleevz cover the iPod mini’s metal surfaces but leave its top and bottom exposed. Multiple colors are available; and the Optex leaves your iPod’s surfaces unblemished wherever it covers them. There’s also a version for 4G iPods and iPod photos.
STM Mini Skin - Click Here for Details
This lanyard-equipped plastic iPod mini holder parallels STM’s earlier plastic inserts for full-sized iPod cocoon cases, but fits the iPod mini, and is sold separately. A new 4G iPod version is included with currently shipping STM Cocoon cases.
Vaja AP11 for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new premium leather case for the iPod shuffle features lightly engraved control icons on its front and compatibility with both of Apple’s packed-in USB caps.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?