First Looks: Ice Creme 2, SuperFi, MiniSleevz, and more
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Radtech Ice Creme 2.0 - Click Here for Details
As Radtech’s John Grzeskowiak explains, “when we looked at how iPods were faring in the real world, and what is practical in terms of repairing the damage, this is what we created.” The newly reformulated version of Radtech’s Ice Creme polishing solution for iPod plastics and metals includes an improved Creme A (“a unique blend of chemistry which refinishes Acrylic in a completely new way”), while “aggressive metal damage is now addressed with the refinishing pad” included with the large tube.
Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro - Click Here for Details
These new one-size-fits-all headphones from high-end custom earphone maker Ultimate Ears compete against top-of-the-line offerings from companies such as Shure and Etymotic. Two travel cases, five sets of different silicone rubber and foam earpieces, a sound level attenuator and an adapter jack are included with each pair.
Radtech MiniSleevz - Click Here for Details
These miniature follow-ups to Radtech’s Optex fabric third-generation PodSleevz cover the iPod mini’s metal surfaces but leave its top and bottom exposed. Multiple colors are available; and the Optex leaves your iPod’s surfaces unblemished wherever it covers them. There’s also a version for 4G iPods and iPod photos.
STM Mini Skin - Click Here for Details
This lanyard-equipped plastic iPod mini holder parallels STM’s earlier plastic inserts for full-sized iPod cocoon cases, but fits the iPod mini, and is sold separately. A new 4G iPod version is included with currently shipping STM Cocoon cases.
Vaja AP11 for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new premium leather case for the iPod shuffle features lightly engraved control icons on its front and compatibility with both of Apple’s packed-in USB caps.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards