First Looks: iDiddy, PlayThru, Timbuk2, Armor, Icesuits | iLounge Article

Article

First Looks: iDiddy, PlayThru, Timbuk2, Armor, Icesuits

If you haven’t seen Sneak Peeks in The Free iPod Book, you’re missing out on some great advance looks at new iPod accessories. While you download the Book, here are some of the newest accessories that have arrived at iLounge over the past several days:

Full-Sized iPods

Pacific Rim Marketing iDiddy for 4G/color iPods - Click Here for Details

This black leather iPod case is part of a family that describes itself as “the only iPod case & iLanyard with built-in earbuds.” Silver lobster claw hooks attach the lanyard to the case.

Sumo Cases PlayThru Vertical for 4G/color iPods - Click Here for Details

PlayThru Vertical combines the ballistic nylon and leather bodies of prior Sumo cases with an easier way to access your iPod inside. A belt clip is integrated into the rear, and a slit at the top provides access to and coverage for the iPod’s headphone port and Hold switch.

Timbuk2 IPod Carrying Case - Click Here for Details

This updated version of Timbuk2’s popular padded ballistic nylon iPod holder has an easy-open top and a Velcro rear for attachment to bags or belts.

iPod mini

Pacific Rim Marketing iDiddy for iPod mini - Click Here for Details

This brown leather iPod case is part of a family that describes itself as “the only iPod case & iLanyard with built-in earbuds.” Gold lobster claw hooks attach the lanyard to the case.

Timbuk2 iPod Carrying Case (for iPod mini) - Click Here for Details

iPod shuffle

Macally Icesuit shuffle - Click Here for Details

This three-pack of silicone rubber iPod shuffle cases includes a black elastic and Velcro armband. Each case has two slits that you can turn into holes compatible with the armband.

Pacific Rim Marketing iDiddy for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details

This white leather iPod case is part of a family that describes itself as “the only iPod case & iLanyard with built-in earbuds.” Silver lobster claw hooks attach the lanyard to the case.

YourMacStore iPod shuffle Armor Plate - Click Here for Details

This aluminum armor plating for the iPod shuffle has been imported from a noteworthy Japanese design that made its way across the Internet a number of months ago. It’s designed for use only with the iPod shuffle’s lanyard.

We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.

« Songs won’t add to iTunes

The iLounge Bookshelf: Download Our Past Publications Here »

Comments

“This smaller version of Timbuk2’s full-sized iPod Carrying Case is right-sized for current iPod minis.”

What do you mean, “current” iPod minis?

Posted by Magic Rabbits in Aberdeen, Scotland on August 17, 2005 at 5:44 AM (CDT)

Will the new full sized Timbuk2 case accommodate a smallish hard case such as the Agent18 ClickShield?
I have a Timbuk2 bag and I’d love to pick up the iPod case for the strap, but only if I can leave my iPod in the ClickShield.

Francis

Posted by Asbel on August 18, 2005 at 4:41 PM (CDT)

the playthru vertical case by sumo looks fantastic- I’ve actually been looking for something just like it. the sumo website has nothing on it. when will it be available?

Posted by iredhead on August 18, 2005 at 6:54 PM (CDT)

end of the month on their site. super cool!

Posted by outsider on August 18, 2005 at 9:35 PM (CDT)

As an owner of the iDiddy, I highly recommend this product.  It is great to finally find an accessory that looks nice and is actually functional.  I used to just throw my iPod in my backpack and it would take me ten minutes to untangle the wires.  Now all I have to do is clip the earphones into the little clasps on the iLanyard and my iPod is all ready for use.  I now take my iDiddy-encased iPod everywhere.  It is great for walking around town, exercising, even cleaning.  It isn’t heavy around my neck, and the sound quality is actually better than the sound that comes out of the factory earphones.  I’ve tried other cases and bought the $150 earphones, and the iDiddy remains better than all the other products I’ve tried.  If you want a quality, multipurpose iPod case, I would definitely recommend the iDiddy.

Posted by ipodder-19 on August 19, 2005 at 8:05 PM (CDT)

Those new Timbuk2 cases look terrible.  They’ll have to pry my current Timbuk2 case out of my cold, dead hands!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on August 19, 2005 at 8:42 PM (CDT)