First Looks: iFusion, iBeat, iTube, AB Sutton, MiniSync AV, Sharper Image & More
If you haven’t seen Sneak Peeks in The Free iPod Book, you’re missing out on some great advance looks at new iPod accessories. While you download the Book, here are some of the newest accessories that have arrived at iLounge over the past several days:
Design Annex iBeat Illuminating Headphones - Click Here for Details
These reasonably priced headphones light up when you press the power switch, and can pulse in response to the beat of your music. Five colors are available - the two we’ve tested thus far (blue and white) are surprisingly cool in person.
Sharper Image iPulse Speakers with ColorSync LEDs - Click Here for Details
This new speaker system from Sharper Image synchronizes pulses of light to your music, using one of a series of detachable connectors called ZipConnect to connect to your iPod. A retractable headphone plug is shipped with the unit; charging ZipConnects for Dock Connector iPods and the iPod shuffle are sold separately.
Sharper Image iSphere Stereo Speakers and Subwoofer - Click Here for Details
This ball-shaped stereo audio system connects to your iPod with a headphone jack connector called ZipConnect; charging ZipConnects for Dock Connector iPods and the iPod shuffle are sold separately.
Sonic Impact iFusion Speaker System - Click Here for Details
This fold-up speaker system from Sonic Impact also includes interior compartments for your iPod and headphones. A rechargeable battery provides music playback when you’re on the go.
Full-Sized iPods (color)
Boxwave MiniSync AV - Click Here for Details
This retractable version of Apple’s iPod AV Cable consumes far less space, making it more useful for travelers.
A.B. Sutton Handmade Leather iPod Cases - Click Here for Details
Each piece from this collection of four handmade leather iPod mini cases has a hip, urban style and unique enclosure. They’re the Mini Slip Handmade iPod Case, the Mini Fastback Handmade iPod Case, the Mini Clutch Handmade iPod Case, and the Tokyo ‘64 Handmade iPod Case, and come individually wrapped in highly gift-friendly wrapping paper.
Digiana iTube-101 for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This unusually designed three-in-one car charger, FM transmitter and mount for the iPod shuffle includes multiple gooseneck flexing tubes to let you position your iPod shuffle wherever you want while you drive.
Proporta Crystal Case iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new clear hard case for the iPod shuffle features replaceable rubber Control Pad covers and bands between the case’s top and bottom plastic parts. A lanyard is also included.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?