First Looks: iFusion, iBeat, iTube, AB Sutton, MiniSync AV, Sharper Image & More
If you haven’t seen Sneak Peeks in The Free iPod Book, you’re missing out on some great advance looks at new iPod accessories. While you download the Book, here are some of the newest accessories that have arrived at iLounge over the past several days:
Design Annex iBeat Illuminating Headphones - Click Here for Details
These reasonably priced headphones light up when you press the power switch, and can pulse in response to the beat of your music. Five colors are available - the two we’ve tested thus far (blue and white) are surprisingly cool in person.
Sharper Image iPulse Speakers with ColorSync LEDs - Click Here for Details
This new speaker system from Sharper Image synchronizes pulses of light to your music, using one of a series of detachable connectors called ZipConnect to connect to your iPod. A retractable headphone plug is shipped with the unit; charging ZipConnects for Dock Connector iPods and the iPod shuffle are sold separately.
Sharper Image iSphere Stereo Speakers and Subwoofer - Click Here for Details
This ball-shaped stereo audio system connects to your iPod with a headphone jack connector called ZipConnect; charging ZipConnects for Dock Connector iPods and the iPod shuffle are sold separately.
Sonic Impact iFusion Speaker System - Click Here for Details
This fold-up speaker system from Sonic Impact also includes interior compartments for your iPod and headphones. A rechargeable battery provides music playback when you’re on the go.
Full-Sized iPods (color)
Boxwave MiniSync AV - Click Here for Details
This retractable version of Apple’s iPod AV Cable consumes far less space, making it more useful for travelers.
A.B. Sutton Handmade Leather iPod Cases - Click Here for Details
Each piece from this collection of four handmade leather iPod mini cases has a hip, urban style and unique enclosure. They’re the Mini Slip Handmade iPod Case, the Mini Fastback Handmade iPod Case, the Mini Clutch Handmade iPod Case, and the Tokyo ‘64 Handmade iPod Case, and come individually wrapped in highly gift-friendly wrapping paper.
Digiana iTube-101 for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This unusually designed three-in-one car charger, FM transmitter and mount for the iPod shuffle includes multiple gooseneck flexing tubes to let you position your iPod shuffle wherever you want while you drive.
Proporta Crystal Case iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new clear hard case for the iPod shuffle features replaceable rubber Control Pad covers and bands between the case’s top and bottom plastic parts. A lanyard is also included.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?