First Looks: iTalk 2, iCruiser, Incase Lineup, Chums, SongSling
If you haven’t seen Sneak Peeks in The Free iPod Book, you’re missing out on some great advance looks at new iPod accessories. While you download the Book, here are some of the newest accessories that have arrived at iLounge over the past several days:
For All iPods
Ignitek iCruiser Audio System for iPod - Click Here for Details
Following up on its earlier, huge iCarrier speaker system (iLounge rating: B), Ignitek has developed iCruiser, a combination of four* front-mounted drivers and a larger, rear-mounted subwoofer, all in one enclosure. (Ignitek noted after publication that two of what appeared to be six drivers were actually dummies.) A matching white remote control is included, along with sizing parts for various iPods, and an audio input cable for early iPods and the iPod shuffle. Like Bose’s SoundDock, iCruiser only runs off of wall power, but unlike SoundDock, it includes ports to synchronize any docked iPod or iPod mini with your compuer using either FireWire or USB.
For All Dock Connecting iPods
Griffin iTalk 2 Voice Recorder - Click Here for Details
The sequel to Griffin’s excellent iTalk Voice Recorder (iLounge rating: A-) has arrived, bearing less than its originally promised array of new features. While iTalk 2 now includes a new silver button on its top, turning the recording and saving process into a one-click affair per command, the company pulled its promised digital gain control from the design at the last minute because of a component shortage. (Yes, we’re disappointed, too.) As such, iTalk 2 sounds and works just the same as iTalk, but with a new button. A future revision may introduce the new gain control functionality.
Chums Flip and iFrame - Click Here for Details
These two case styles (shown in 3 total colors) include a flip-open cloth or leather case and a sleeve-like iPod jacket, each packed in with a lanyard, caribiner, and swiveling rear belt clip.
Incase Leather Folio for iPod Special Edition - Click Here for Details
This leather case uses black and red to emulate the style of Apple’s iPod U2 Special Edition, though it can fit various thicknesses and styles of full-sized iPods. An unusual transparent rear panel lets you see the iPod’s engraved rear casing.
Incase Music Belt for iPods and iPod minis - Click Here for Details
Could it be? An iPod fanny pack that doesn’t look ridiculous? This neoprene pouch holds any iPod, plus headphones in a separate compartment. A unique belt clip locks the two sides of the belt together around your waist, with adjustable straps.
Incase Multifunction Sport Case - Click Here for Details
This challenger to Marware’s SportSuit Convertible and Runabout series of cases combines all the parts you need for a protected convertible neoprene armband, hand strap, or belt clipped iPod holder.
Incase Neoprene Sleeve for iPod with Click Wheel - Click Here for Details
This vulcanized neoprene iPod sleeve fits all sizes of Click Wheel iPods, and features clear screen protection, plus an integrated belt clip.
Belkin Sport Sleeve for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
This simple rubberized iPod mini holder comes with a detachable belt clip, elastic armband, and lanyard necklace.
Chums iFrame for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
This is a sleeve-like iPod mini jacket like the version above for full-sized iPods, and is packed in with a lanyard, caribiner, and swiveling rear belt clip.
Incase Multifunction Sport Case for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
This iPod mini-sized challenger to Marware’s SportSuit Convertible and Runabout series of cases combines all the parts you need for a protected convertible neoprene armband, hand strap, or belt clipped iPod mini holder.
Incase Neoprene Sleeve for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
This vulcanized neoprene iPod sleeve fits iPod minis, and features clear screen protection, plus an integrated belt clip.
Incase Neoprene Wristband for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This evolution of Incase’s earlier Pouch for the iPod shuffle includes a simple, non-detachable wristband for exercise use.
Mophie SongSling - Click Here for Details
Like iDiddy for the iPod shuffle, SongSling includes an iPod shuffle holder, a lanyard necklace, and integrated headphones. SongSling’s iPod holder is simpler, but its headphones are retractable.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?