First Looks: Many nano Cases, 5G ToughSkin, earBuddy, iBelieve, Transporters, Marvelous Wood, IceBud & More
Welcome to yet another edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide, our reports from Mac Expo in London, Apple Expo Paris, and others in The Free iPod Book. Here’s what’s new for this edition:
Core Cases Aluminum Cases for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Like its previous and very impressive iPod shuffle version, the Aluminum Case for iPod nano slides open into two pieces and includes a brilliant, thin detachable and reversable belt clip - the smartest we’ve seen overall for this generation of small iPods.
Devoted1 iBelieve - Click Here for Details
This simple iPod shuffle lanyard USB cap replacement turns the shuffle into a wearable crucifix.
DLO Action Jacket for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Similar to its earlier Action Jacket for the iPod shuffle, DLO’s new version for iPod nano preserves its simple vinyl face coverage, and uses a combination of belt clip and detachable arm band to give you plain case and workout options.
ezGear ezSkin nano - Click Here for Details
This silicone rubber case comes with a fabric necklace, transparent belt clip and nub, and provides full Click Wheel and hard screen protection for the nano.
Kensington Transporters for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Though late to the iPod shuffle clip party, Kensington’s transporters have the advantage of actually looking like they were well-thought out in design, and use better than standard mechanisms to attach to the shuffle’s bottom USB port.
MacAlly IceBud for iPod shuffle and nano - Click Here for Details
This pair of lanyard headphones for the iPod nano and/or shuffle includes attachable clear vinyl cases for each iPod, and silicone rubber-tipped earbuds. An attractive price point rounds out the package.
Marvelous Wood Face Plates for iPods - Click Here for Details
These face plates for various iPod models are made in limited runs, using thin sheets of real wood, and each including a certificate of authenticity. The company can brand the wood with a color logo of your choice.
Power Support Silicone Jacket for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Taking a subtle cue from its earlier Square Type case for iPod mini, the Silicone Jacket for iPod nano has slightly edgy corners, comes in transparent and solid colors, and includes both a detachable clip and protective film.
Proporta Alu-Leather Case for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
This hybrid of leather case and alumimum insert provides added reinforcement for iPod nano’s body when put into a pocket, but lacks side protection. Go figure.
Proporta Silicone Case for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
This simple silicone case includes a detachable belt clip and nub, as well as a detachable lanyard necklace, and is available in four colors.
SendStation earBuddy - Click Here for Details
This clean, attractive case is available in two color variations - all-black, or orange with silver and black checkers - and holds your iPod earbuds on a keychain. The only “ouch” factor - the $15 price.
Shinnorie EZGoing Leather Pouch for nano - Click Here for Details
Available in eight colors, the EZGoing Leather Pouch series includes necklace and wrist strap attachments, plus an additional attachment that can hold your earbud cords while the case is in use. The natural leather black case looks different from the rest, which appear to be pressed leather.
Speck Connect & Protect for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
This new version of Connect & Protect, innovated with the release of the iPod shuffle, includes a standard Speck SkinTight case for iPod nano, plus detachable handstrap, necklace, and metal carabineer clip.
Speck SkinTight Deluxe for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
SkinTight Deluxe is a premium version of the company’s standard SkinTight iPod nano case, but with a detachable ratcheting belt clip that generally matches the color of the case.
Speck ToughSkin for 5G iPod - Click Here for Details
The first Speck case for 5G iPods has arrived: a black version of ToughSkin, the tire tread-like rugged case that has changed a lot from its award-winning iPod mini and 4G iPod predecessors. The new ToughSkin resembles the recently-released iPod nano version of the case.
STM Holster for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Our favorite thing about these attractive little iPod nano pouches is their price - $15 for two. You can choose from red or charcoal colors, each of which includes a detachable handstrap and keyring holder.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Holiday Buyers’ Guide and Free iPod Book, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?