First Looks: Musak, iBlue, HandSkin, AirPlay shuffle
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
d.Muse iBlue and iBlue mini - Click Here for Details
Each iBlue includes a Bluetooth receiver, stereo headphones with a microphone, a USB charging cable, and an internal battery. You charge iBlue with your computer, connect it to the top of your iPod (or iBlue mini to your iPod mini), and sync it with your Bluetooth phone. Then iBlue interrupts your iPod whenever a telephone call comes through, and you can talk on the phone without pulling off your headphones.
Techwiz Innovations Musak - Click Here for Details
This black nylon messenger bag includes a set of integrated speakers, an amplifier, and an iPod holder - in this case for the iPod mini. (A full-sized iPod version is also available.) There’s sufficient space for a laptop computer and more inside, as well as pockets for typical items you might want to carry around.
Full-Sized iPods and iPod photos
Speck Products HandSkin - Click Here for Details
This sporty modification of Speck’s ToughSkin case includes a detachable hand strap billed as “perfect for jogging and walking.” Thick Kraton plastic guards the iPod or iPod photo’s body, while clear hard plastic is used to shield the iPod’s screen and controls. A plastic spacer inside resizes the case for different iPod thicknesses.
XtremeMac AirPlay for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Made specifically for the iPod shuffle, this modified version of XtremeMac’s AirPlay includes both a digital FM transmitter and a car charger, depending on the latter to power the former. Billed as “the first FM Transmitter that allows you to play audio from iPod shuffle through your car’s FM radio” (shhhh, don’t tell Belkin, maker of the TuneCast II (iLounge rating: B+)), it also charges your iPod shuffle regardless of whether it’s broadcasting.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014