First Looks: Musak, iBlue, HandSkin, AirPlay shuffle
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
d.Muse iBlue and iBlue mini - Click Here for Details
Each iBlue includes a Bluetooth receiver, stereo headphones with a microphone, a USB charging cable, and an internal battery. You charge iBlue with your computer, connect it to the top of your iPod (or iBlue mini to your iPod mini), and sync it with your Bluetooth phone. Then iBlue interrupts your iPod whenever a telephone call comes through, and you can talk on the phone without pulling off your headphones.
Techwiz Innovations Musak - Click Here for Details
This black nylon messenger bag includes a set of integrated speakers, an amplifier, and an iPod holder - in this case for the iPod mini. (A full-sized iPod version is also available.) There’s sufficient space for a laptop computer and more inside, as well as pockets for typical items you might want to carry around.
Full-Sized iPods and iPod photos
Speck Products HandSkin - Click Here for Details
This sporty modification of Speck’s ToughSkin case includes a detachable hand strap billed as “perfect for jogging and walking.” Thick Kraton plastic guards the iPod or iPod photo’s body, while clear hard plastic is used to shield the iPod’s screen and controls. A plastic spacer inside resizes the case for different iPod thicknesses.
XtremeMac AirPlay for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Made specifically for the iPod shuffle, this modified version of XtremeMac’s AirPlay includes both a digital FM transmitter and a car charger, depending on the latter to power the former. Billed as “the first FM Transmitter that allows you to play audio from iPod shuffle through your car’s FM radio” (shhhh, don’t tell Belkin, maker of the TuneCast II (iLounge rating: B+)), it also charges your iPod shuffle regardless of whether it’s broadcasting.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?