First Looks: Musak, iBlue, HandSkin, AirPlay shuffle
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
d.Muse iBlue and iBlue mini - Click Here for Details
Each iBlue includes a Bluetooth receiver, stereo headphones with a microphone, a USB charging cable, and an internal battery. You charge iBlue with your computer, connect it to the top of your iPod (or iBlue mini to your iPod mini), and sync it with your Bluetooth phone. Then iBlue interrupts your iPod whenever a telephone call comes through, and you can talk on the phone without pulling off your headphones.
Techwiz Innovations Musak - Click Here for Details
This black nylon messenger bag includes a set of integrated speakers, an amplifier, and an iPod holder - in this case for the iPod mini. (A full-sized iPod version is also available.) There’s sufficient space for a laptop computer and more inside, as well as pockets for typical items you might want to carry around.
Full-Sized iPods and iPod photos
Speck Products HandSkin - Click Here for Details
This sporty modification of Speck’s ToughSkin case includes a detachable hand strap billed as “perfect for jogging and walking.” Thick Kraton plastic guards the iPod or iPod photo’s body, while clear hard plastic is used to shield the iPod’s screen and controls. A plastic spacer inside resizes the case for different iPod thicknesses.
XtremeMac AirPlay for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Made specifically for the iPod shuffle, this modified version of XtremeMac’s AirPlay includes both a digital FM transmitter and a car charger, depending on the latter to power the former. Billed as “the first FM Transmitter that allows you to play audio from iPod shuffle through your car’s FM radio” (shhhh, don’t tell Belkin, maker of the TuneCast II (iLounge rating: B+)), it also charges your iPod shuffle regardless of whether it’s broadcasting.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?