First Looks: Musak, iBlue, HandSkin, AirPlay shuffle
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
All Dock Connecting iPods
d.Muse iBlue and iBlue mini - Click Here for Details
Each iBlue includes a Bluetooth receiver, stereo headphones with a microphone, a USB charging cable, and an internal battery. You charge iBlue with your computer, connect it to the top of your iPod (or iBlue mini to your iPod mini), and sync it with your Bluetooth phone. Then iBlue interrupts your iPod whenever a telephone call comes through, and you can talk on the phone without pulling off your headphones.
Techwiz Innovations Musak - Click Here for Details
This black nylon messenger bag includes a set of integrated speakers, an amplifier, and an iPod holder - in this case for the iPod mini. (A full-sized iPod version is also available.) There’s sufficient space for a laptop computer and more inside, as well as pockets for typical items you might want to carry around.
Full-Sized iPods and iPod photos
Speck Products HandSkin - Click Here for Details
This sporty modification of Speck’s ToughSkin case includes a detachable hand strap billed as “perfect for jogging and walking.” Thick Kraton plastic guards the iPod or iPod photo’s body, while clear hard plastic is used to shield the iPod’s screen and controls. A plastic spacer inside resizes the case for different iPod thicknesses.
XtremeMac AirPlay for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Made specifically for the iPod shuffle, this modified version of XtremeMac’s AirPlay includes both a digital FM transmitter and a car charger, depending on the latter to power the former. Billed as “the first FM Transmitter that allows you to play audio from iPod shuffle through your car’s FM radio” (shhhh, don’t tell Belkin, maker of the TuneCast II (iLounge rating: B+)), it also charges your iPod shuffle regardless of whether it’s broadcasting.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?