First Looks: New Batteries and Car Accessories from Monster, FastMac, Kensington and Capdase
New accessories have arrived in a flood, so we’ve created three separate First Looks pages to show them all off. This page is devoted to new iPod battery and car accessories. There are also separate pages for new cases and cord management accessories, as well as iPod shuffle accessories. If you’re looking for older but still great sneak peeks, our recent First Looks Special on Nyko’s Movie Player, and our pictorial feature, iLounge Loves Japan, with some cool and weird imported accessories.
Capdase USB Power DC Car Charger with Hotsync Cable - Click Here for Details
Capdase’s latest car charger includes two pieces - a USB port with a DC power bulb for your car’s power outlet, plus a USB to iPod Dock Connector cable. Without the cable attached, the Charger recharges an iPod shuffle; with the cable, all other Dock Connector iPods can be recharged in your car.
Compact Power Systems Cellboost and Cellboost Mini - Click Here for Details
These new battery pack sets come in three flavors: a disposable unit that works with any Dock Connector-equipped iPod, a pack with one disposable battery, one rechargeable battery, and a leather carrying case for the recharger and your full-sized iPod, and an identical pack sized specifically for the smaller iPod mini. The full-sized pack includes sizers for various thicknesses of iPods.
FastMac TruePower - Click Here for Details
These new internal, user-installable batteries from FastMac promise to be the “longest lasting” yet made. One version is available for 1G and 2G iPods, while another version fits 3G iPods. The company says that the batteries offer up to 70% more capacity than Apple’s original components, and up to 7.5 times as many charge cycles before requiring replacement, each depending on the battery. There’s also a 48-hour replacement program for people who don’t want to pry their own iPods open.
Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger - Click Here for Details
Kensington’s Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger promises superior FM transmission sound quality thanks to Aerielle wireless technology, uses a LCD screen for tuning, and also charges iPods and iPod minis with a Dock Connector plug.
Monster iCruze with Interface Module and LCD Display - Click Here for Details
Monster Cable’s line-quality car integration system for the iPod can be connected to numerous types of cars with the optional Interface Module system, and can display iPod track and artist information on the optional LCD Display. You can mount the LCD wherever you prefer in your car, and hear iPod music at peak levels of clarity through this solution.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iOS FaceTime Audio to hit Mac in 10.9.2 update
- Apps: Build-A-Truck, Cut the Rope 2, Infinity Blade III 1.2 + Ridge Racer Slipstream
- Apps: Angry Birds Rio HD 1.8, Camera+ 5, Disney Animated 1.0.4 + République
- App submissions must be iOS 7-ready by Feb. 1
- China Mobile iPhone deal remains elusive
- Apple must adopt new refund policy in Australia
- Apps: Mickey Mouse: Mash-Up, Tomb Raider, UltraTuner + Yahoo Weather 1.5
- UK Apple TV users get Sky Sports channel
- Apple releases ‘Best of 2013’ on iTunes
- Tim Cook, other execs to meet with Obama on NSA, healthcare
- Pelican ProGear Vault for iPad Air and iPad mini
- mīk Sound Case for iPhone 5/5s
- iGear iPad Flip Turn Case for iPad mini
- AwoX StriimLight SL-B10 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker + LED Light Bulb
- Macally Hardshell Case with Flexible Grip for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy Canvas for iPad mini
- SwitchEasy Pelle for iPad mini
- CableJive dockXtender for Lightning Devices
- Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery
- Macally Clear Case with Reversible Cover for iPad Air
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages