First Looks: New Batteries and Car Accessories from Monster, FastMac, Kensington and Capdase
New accessories have arrived in a flood, so we’ve created three separate First Looks pages to show them all off. This page is devoted to new iPod battery and car accessories. There are also separate pages for new cases and cord management accessories, as well as iPod shuffle accessories. If you’re looking for older but still great sneak peeks, our recent First Looks Special on Nyko’s Movie Player, and our pictorial feature, iLounge Loves Japan, with some cool and weird imported accessories.
Capdase USB Power DC Car Charger with Hotsync Cable - Click Here for Details
Capdase’s latest car charger includes two pieces - a USB port with a DC power bulb for your car’s power outlet, plus a USB to iPod Dock Connector cable. Without the cable attached, the Charger recharges an iPod shuffle; with the cable, all other Dock Connector iPods can be recharged in your car.
Compact Power Systems Cellboost and Cellboost Mini - Click Here for Details
These new battery pack sets come in three flavors: a disposable unit that works with any Dock Connector-equipped iPod, a pack with one disposable battery, one rechargeable battery, and a leather carrying case for the recharger and your full-sized iPod, and an identical pack sized specifically for the smaller iPod mini. The full-sized pack includes sizers for various thicknesses of iPods.
FastMac TruePower - Click Here for Details
These new internal, user-installable batteries from FastMac promise to be the “longest lasting” yet made. One version is available for 1G and 2G iPods, while another version fits 3G iPods. The company says that the batteries offer up to 70% more capacity than Apple’s original components, and up to 7.5 times as many charge cycles before requiring replacement, each depending on the battery. There’s also a 48-hour replacement program for people who don’t want to pry their own iPods open.
Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger - Click Here for Details
Kensington’s Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger promises superior FM transmission sound quality thanks to Aerielle wireless technology, uses a LCD screen for tuning, and also charges iPods and iPod minis with a Dock Connector plug.
Monster iCruze with Interface Module and LCD Display - Click Here for Details
Monster Cable’s line-quality car integration system for the iPod can be connected to numerous types of cars with the optional Interface Module system, and can display iPod track and artist information on the optional LCD Display. You can mount the LCD wherever you prefer in your car, and hear iPod music at peak levels of clarity through this solution.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards