First Looks: New Batteries and Car Accessories from Monster, FastMac, Kensington and Capdase
New accessories have arrived in a flood, so we’ve created three separate First Looks pages to show them all off. This page is devoted to new iPod battery and car accessories. There are also separate pages for new cases and cord management accessories, as well as iPod shuffle accessories. If you’re looking for older but still great sneak peeks, our recent First Looks Special on Nyko’s Movie Player, and our pictorial feature, iLounge Loves Japan, with some cool and weird imported accessories.
Capdase USB Power DC Car Charger with Hotsync Cable - Click Here for Details
Capdase’s latest car charger includes two pieces - a USB port with a DC power bulb for your car’s power outlet, plus a USB to iPod Dock Connector cable. Without the cable attached, the Charger recharges an iPod shuffle; with the cable, all other Dock Connector iPods can be recharged in your car.
Compact Power Systems Cellboost and Cellboost Mini - Click Here for Details
These new battery pack sets come in three flavors: a disposable unit that works with any Dock Connector-equipped iPod, a pack with one disposable battery, one rechargeable battery, and a leather carrying case for the recharger and your full-sized iPod, and an identical pack sized specifically for the smaller iPod mini. The full-sized pack includes sizers for various thicknesses of iPods.
FastMac TruePower - Click Here for Details
These new internal, user-installable batteries from FastMac promise to be the “longest lasting” yet made. One version is available for 1G and 2G iPods, while another version fits 3G iPods. The company says that the batteries offer up to 70% more capacity than Apple’s original components, and up to 7.5 times as many charge cycles before requiring replacement, each depending on the battery. There’s also a 48-hour replacement program for people who don’t want to pry their own iPods open.
Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger - Click Here for Details
Kensington’s Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger promises superior FM transmission sound quality thanks to Aerielle wireless technology, uses a LCD screen for tuning, and also charges iPods and iPod minis with a Dock Connector plug.
Monster iCruze with Interface Module and LCD Display - Click Here for Details
Monster Cable’s line-quality car integration system for the iPod can be connected to numerous types of cars with the optional Interface Module system, and can display iPod track and artist information on the optional LCD Display. You can mount the LCD wherever you prefer in your car, and hear iPod music at peak levels of clarity through this solution.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)