First Looks: New Batteries and Car Accessories from Monster, FastMac, Kensington and Capdase
New accessories have arrived in a flood, so we’ve created three separate First Looks pages to show them all off. This page is devoted to new iPod battery and car accessories. There are also separate pages for new cases and cord management accessories, as well as iPod shuffle accessories. If you’re looking for older but still great sneak peeks, our recent First Looks Special on Nyko’s Movie Player, and our pictorial feature, iLounge Loves Japan, with some cool and weird imported accessories.
Capdase USB Power DC Car Charger with Hotsync Cable - Click Here for Details
Capdase’s latest car charger includes two pieces - a USB port with a DC power bulb for your car’s power outlet, plus a USB to iPod Dock Connector cable. Without the cable attached, the Charger recharges an iPod shuffle; with the cable, all other Dock Connector iPods can be recharged in your car.
Compact Power Systems Cellboost and Cellboost Mini - Click Here for Details
These new battery pack sets come in three flavors: a disposable unit that works with any Dock Connector-equipped iPod, a pack with one disposable battery, one rechargeable battery, and a leather carrying case for the recharger and your full-sized iPod, and an identical pack sized specifically for the smaller iPod mini. The full-sized pack includes sizers for various thicknesses of iPods.
FastMac TruePower - Click Here for Details
These new internal, user-installable batteries from FastMac promise to be the “longest lasting” yet made. One version is available for 1G and 2G iPods, while another version fits 3G iPods. The company says that the batteries offer up to 70% more capacity than Apple’s original components, and up to 7.5 times as many charge cycles before requiring replacement, each depending on the battery. There’s also a 48-hour replacement program for people who don’t want to pry their own iPods open.
Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger - Click Here for Details
Kensington’s Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger promises superior FM transmission sound quality thanks to Aerielle wireless technology, uses a LCD screen for tuning, and also charges iPods and iPod minis with a Dock Connector plug.
Monster iCruze with Interface Module and LCD Display - Click Here for Details
Monster Cable’s line-quality car integration system for the iPod can be connected to numerous types of cars with the optional Interface Module system, and can display iPod track and artist information on the optional LCD Display. You can mount the LCD wherever you prefer in your car, and hear iPod music at peak levels of clarity through this solution.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?