First Looks: ProClip, ShuffleStation, Booq, Dopi, Tatuz & More
It’s another huge week in the iLounge accessories queue - an avalanche of interesting new offerings for every type of iPod. Here are some of the latest arrivals:
Belkin TuneBase FM Version 2 - Click Here for Details
This new version of Belkin’s beautiful TuneBase FM car mount (shown at left) is designed to remedy audio gain issues found in the prior version we reviewed (iLounge rating: C+, shown at right), and also uses a slightly shorter gooseneck for enhanced stability. The new and improved version is the only one available in stores today.
Booq Venom mini Cases - Click Here for Details
These nappa leather PDA-style cases include belt clips, suede interiors, and holes for easy access to all the iPod mini’s ports. When opened, your mini hangs upside down for easy viewing. There’s a highly similar version for full-sized iPods, too.
Modus Design Dopi Cases - Click Here for Details
These fabric cases are intended to be worn around the neck, with your (roughly) color-matched iPod mini suspended upside down for easy viewing.
PodGear JumpSuit Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new silicone rubber iPod shuffle sleeves from U.K.-based PodGear come in two-packs and largely resemble other thin rubber cases we’ve seen imported from Asia.
PodGear Shuffle Station - Click Here for Details
This new iPod shuffle-specific speaker system places your shuffle upside down on a metal mounting pin between two speakers. The entire system is small, functions as a USB dock, runs off of batteries, and includes a simple vinyl carrying case.
Tatuz International Tatuz - Click Here for Details
This impressive collection of different iPod shuffle decorative stickers offers patterns that may appeal to many different shuffle owners, but only covers small areas of the iPod’s body.
Booq Venom45 Case - Click Here for Details
This full-sized iPod version of Booq’s Venom case is highly similar to the iPod mini version, but includes suede sizers that enable the case to be used with all thicknesses of iPod 4G and photo bodies. An integrated belt clip is on each case’s back, and as with the mini versions, they open on your belt with the iPod hanging upside-down for easier use and access.
DLO TransPod FM Black/Silver - Click Here for Details
These cosmetic updates to the TransPod FM series change the color of DLO’s car mount from white to silver or black. Notably, both the silver unit and black unit include black mounting pieces.
ProClip Padded Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel - Click Here for Details
This long-awaited car mount from ProClip includes padded sides from the company’s highly recommended Padded Holder, plus all-new adjustable thumbscrews that permit this mount to be re-sized for use with virtually any rubber-encased iPod. (Other cases may or may not fit; but the mount is pretty generously designed.)
All Dock Connecting iPods
SendStation PocketDock USB & Audio Line Out - Click Here for Details
This new version of SendStation’s popular PocketDock includes a miniature USB port and line-out port. Two audio cables, a Dock Connector protector cap, and the PocketDock are included in the box.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Be sure to see last week’s First Looks feature for details on other incredible accessories including Klipsch’s iFi and Capdase’s iPod USB Power. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?