First Looks: ProClip, ShuffleStation, Booq, Dopi, Tatuz & More
It’s another huge week in the iLounge accessories queue - an avalanche of interesting new offerings for every type of iPod. Here are some of the latest arrivals:
Belkin TuneBase FM Version 2 - Click Here for Details
This new version of Belkin’s beautiful TuneBase FM car mount (shown at left) is designed to remedy audio gain issues found in the prior version we reviewed (iLounge rating: C+, shown at right), and also uses a slightly shorter gooseneck for enhanced stability. The new and improved version is the only one available in stores today.
Booq Venom mini Cases - Click Here for Details
These nappa leather PDA-style cases include belt clips, suede interiors, and holes for easy access to all the iPod mini’s ports. When opened, your mini hangs upside down for easy viewing. There’s a highly similar version for full-sized iPods, too.
Modus Design Dopi Cases - Click Here for Details
These fabric cases are intended to be worn around the neck, with your (roughly) color-matched iPod mini suspended upside down for easy viewing.
PodGear JumpSuit Shuffle - Click Here for Details
These new silicone rubber iPod shuffle sleeves from U.K.-based PodGear come in two-packs and largely resemble other thin rubber cases we’ve seen imported from Asia.
PodGear Shuffle Station - Click Here for Details
This new iPod shuffle-specific speaker system places your shuffle upside down on a metal mounting pin between two speakers. The entire system is small, functions as a USB dock, runs off of batteries, and includes a simple vinyl carrying case.
Tatuz International Tatuz - Click Here for Details
This impressive collection of different iPod shuffle decorative stickers offers patterns that may appeal to many different shuffle owners, but only covers small areas of the iPod’s body.
Booq Venom45 Case - Click Here for Details
This full-sized iPod version of Booq’s Venom case is highly similar to the iPod mini version, but includes suede sizers that enable the case to be used with all thicknesses of iPod 4G and photo bodies. An integrated belt clip is on each case’s back, and as with the mini versions, they open on your belt with the iPod hanging upside-down for easier use and access.
DLO TransPod FM Black/Silver - Click Here for Details
These cosmetic updates to the TransPod FM series change the color of DLO’s car mount from white to silver or black. Notably, both the silver unit and black unit include black mounting pieces.
ProClip Padded Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel - Click Here for Details
This long-awaited car mount from ProClip includes padded sides from the company’s highly recommended Padded Holder, plus all-new adjustable thumbscrews that permit this mount to be re-sized for use with virtually any rubber-encased iPod. (Other cases may or may not fit; but the mount is pretty generously designed.)
All Dock Connecting iPods
SendStation PocketDock USB & Audio Line Out - Click Here for Details
This new version of SendStation’s popular PocketDock includes a miniature USB port and line-out port. Two audio cables, a Dock Connector protector cap, and the PocketDock are included in the box.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. Be sure to see last week’s First Looks feature for details on other incredible accessories including Klipsch’s iFi and Capdase’s iPod USB Power. And if you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels