First Looks: Shuffle Kimonos, Targus Cases & More
Some of the newest accessory arrivals at iLounge include:
Power Support/Miyavix Kimono Case for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Based upon the beautiful Japanese Kimono cases released earlier this year for the iPod and iPod mini, Power Support’s new Kimono case for the iPod shuffle uses a similar mix of leather and cloth, and adds a distinctive color tassel and matching adjustable lanyard to each case. Three patterns are available; the new case is not on the company’s US web site yet, but will be.
Targus Flip Case for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
This unique new leather case design for the iPod mini flips open with a bottom hinge, and locks together with reinforced clasps that grip your mini’s left and right sides. The interior is fabric-padded, and the rear has a non-removable belt clip.
Targus Slide Case for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
This new two-piece leather case design for the iPod mini pads the iPod’s back and sides with one piece, and slides another one on top to cover the iPod’s screen and controls. As with the Flip Case, the interior is fabric-padded, and the rear has a non-removable belt clip.
Targus Flip Case for iPod - Click Here for Details
This unique new leather case design for the iPod flips open with a bottom hinge, and locks together with reinforced clasps that grip your iPod’s left and right sides. The interior is fabric-padded, and the rear has a non-removable belt clip.
Targus Slide Case for iPod - Click Here for Details
This new two-piece leather case design for the iPod pads the iPod’s back and sides with one piece, and slides another one on top to cover the iPod’s screen and controls. As with the Flip Case, the interior is fabric-padded, and the rear has a non-removable belt clip.
All Dock Connecting iPods
Targus RemoteTunes - Click Here for Details
This rebadged version of ABT’s iJet RF Remote Control (iLounge rating: A-) includes a free clear acrylic mounting pedestal in addition to its promised 150-foot remote, white top-mounting receiver, detachable belt clip and stereo audio cable.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now! If you’re looking for some other great sneak peeks, see our recent First Looks Special on Nyko’s Movie Player, and our pictorial feature, iLounge Loves Japan, with some cool and weird imported accessories.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?