First Looks: Vaja iVod and Contour iSee 5G, PocketParty nano, PodSafe & More
Welcome to our first 2006 edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide and The Free iPod Book, already available online. Here’s what’s new for this edition:
New Accessories for Fifth-Generation iPod (with video):
Belkin Classic Case for 5G iPod - Click Here for Details
This new leather case for the fifth-generation iPod has stitched sides, holes for the iPod’s ports, Belkin’s recent cord managing belt clip, and an integrated clear screen protector. An adhesive car mount nub is included, integrating with the belt clip if you desire.
Belkin Holster Case for 5G iPod - Click Here for Details
Unlike Classic, the new Holster leather case for the fifth-generation iPod covers the iPod’s bottom and Click Wheel, uses a swiveling belt clip, and includes a detachable wrist strap, but provides no access to the 5G’s video screen.
Contour Design iSee-video 30 and 60 - Click Here for Details
Described accurately as crystal clear hardshell protection for the new fifth-generation iPods, Contour’ s iSee-video comes in two different sizes, each with a detachable, reversible belt clip and four rubber pads to let the case lay flat on its back on a surface without scuffing.
Pacific Design Flip Case for 5G iPod - Click Here for Details
Like prior editions of the company’s PDA-style Flip Case, this new fifth-generation iPod version flips open a magnetically sealed front leather-like* panel to reveal the iPod inside. A belt loop is used rather than a belt clip on the back, providing a slimmer form factor. (Note: the case looks like leather, but as pointed out by a reader, is polyurethane.)
Proporta Alu-Leather Case for 5G iPod - Click Here for Details
This open-sided leather case includes aluminum interior plating to partially protect the your iPod from crush damage.
Vaja iVod 5G - Click Here for Details
The latest iteration of Vaja’s full-sized iVod case includes all the features we’ve seen in its predecessors: your choice of numerous front and back leather colors, an integrated clear hard screen protector, optional Click Wheel protection, and an optional belt clip.
New Accessories for iPod nano:
Belkin Classic Case for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Like the 5G version of this case above, this new leather case for the iPod nano uses stitched leather sides and includes an integrated clear screen protector. There’s also a separate screen protector in the box, as with all of Belkin’s other new nano cases.
Belkin Holster Case for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
As with the 5G version of this case, Holster for iPod nano is a leather case with a swiveling belt clip, not providing access to the nano’s screen or controls. A detachable carrying strap is included for extra convenience.
Belkin Sports Sleeve for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Two versions of this silicone rubber case for the iPod nano are available - frosted clear and black. Each includes an elastic armband and a detachable clear screen protector.
Capdase Crystal Clear Case for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
This impressively designed clear hard plastic case for the iPod nano comes in at least two color variations - black/pink and white/green. The core of the case is clear, but it’s outlined with one of the colored frames, which you can remove and replace at will. Capdase includes color-matched silicone Click Wheel protectors, and a lanyard (in black or white) that attaches right next to the headphone port. One of the smartest clear case designs we’ve yet seen.
Capdase Luxury Metal Case for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Like the version previously developed for the iPod shuffle, this two-piece metal and plastic case for the iPod nano comes in white brushed metal and black mirrored versions, each with a matching necklace and a detachable clear plastic cord manager.
Podgear PocketParty nano - Click Here for Details
This update to the well-established portable PocketParty speaker system is made specifically for the iPod nano, mounting underneath the nano and also serving as a stand. Its power switch is on the bottom, and a yellow power light indicates that the included single AA battery is being drained.
New Accessories for discontinued iPods:
PodSafe for iPod 3G/4G - Click Here for Details
This padlocked stainless steel iPod holder enables you to secure your iPod to a wall with four screws, then seal the unit closed with full iPod screen and control access.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Apple partners with SAP for mobile enterprise solutions
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- LAPD hacked into iPhone 5s for murder investigation
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- Apple loses exclusive ‘iPhone’ trademark in China
- Apple to reveal ‘sweeping changes’ to Apple Music interface at WWDC
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)