First Looks: XtremeMac FS1, mTune, GripSkins, smartCharge, iSnug Armband & More
Welcome to this week’s First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. If you’re looking for earlier previews, visit our Articles page, where you’ll see First Looks dating back to the 2002 introduction of the 20GB iPod, or take a look at our more recent Sneak Peeks articles from Apple Expo Paris, and in The Free iPod Book. Here’s what’s new for this week:
XtremeMac FS1 Headphones - Click Here for Details
These high-style versions of FutureSonics’ classic earphones boast superior bass response and a nice collection of ear molds, including a quadruple flange design, foams, and silicone rubber caps. A tiny, curved headphone plug will prove compatible with virtually any iPod accessory you can imagine.
Speck GripSkins for iPod 4G and mini - Click Here for Details
These new comfortable black grippable cases from Speck preserve all of the features you’d expect from the company’s cases: screen protection, ideal top protection, and unique design. As promised, they feel good in your hand - despite or perhaps because of their added size.
Macally mTune for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Shuffle, meet headphones. mTune gives you the ability to listen to your iPod shuffle without carrying it around in your pocket - or elsewhere. The shuffle mounts inside one of the earcups, exposing its controls, and provides the power the headphones need for normal listening. An audio cable is included so that mTune can be used with other iPods and audio devices, as well.
SendStation smartCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new combination of iPod shuffle charger and audio output device provides a shuffe-specific alternative to Belkin’s well-known Auto Kit for earlier Dock Connecting iPods. It pivots on a relatively narrow set of angles - 36 degrees north or south of flatness - but makes the shuffle surprisingly usable regardless.
Macally IconUF 30 Pin to USB and FireWire Adapter - Click Here for Details
This three-piece kit includes an iPod Dock Connector to USB and FireWire Adapter, plus USB and FireWire cables. It compares with SendStation’s earlier adapter designs in functionality.
Handstands iSnug Armband - Click Here for Details
This black neoprene armband kit includes cases for both iPod and iPod mini, plus a detachable armband for workouts.
Handstands iSticky Pad XL Pad - Click Here for Details
This larger version of the semi-adhesive iPod car holder formerly known as iGrip sells for the same price as its predecessor, but has more surface area for bonding with your car’s dashboard and iPod.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?