First Looks: XtremeMac FS1, mTune, GripSkins, smartCharge, iSnug Armband & More
Welcome to this week’s First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. If you’re looking for earlier previews, visit our Articles page, where you’ll see First Looks dating back to the 2002 introduction of the 20GB iPod, or take a look at our more recent Sneak Peeks articles from Apple Expo Paris, and in The Free iPod Book. Here’s what’s new for this week:
XtremeMac FS1 Headphones - Click Here for Details
These high-style versions of FutureSonics’ classic earphones boast superior bass response and a nice collection of ear molds, including a quadruple flange design, foams, and silicone rubber caps. A tiny, curved headphone plug will prove compatible with virtually any iPod accessory you can imagine.
Speck GripSkins for iPod 4G and mini - Click Here for Details
These new comfortable black grippable cases from Speck preserve all of the features you’d expect from the company’s cases: screen protection, ideal top protection, and unique design. As promised, they feel good in your hand - despite or perhaps because of their added size.
Macally mTune for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Shuffle, meet headphones. mTune gives you the ability to listen to your iPod shuffle without carrying it around in your pocket - or elsewhere. The shuffle mounts inside one of the earcups, exposing its controls, and provides the power the headphones need for normal listening. An audio cable is included so that mTune can be used with other iPods and audio devices, as well.
SendStation smartCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new combination of iPod shuffle charger and audio output device provides a shuffe-specific alternative to Belkin’s well-known Auto Kit for earlier Dock Connecting iPods. It pivots on a relatively narrow set of angles - 36 degrees north or south of flatness - but makes the shuffle surprisingly usable regardless.
Macally IconUF 30 Pin to USB and FireWire Adapter - Click Here for Details
This three-piece kit includes an iPod Dock Connector to USB and FireWire Adapter, plus USB and FireWire cables. It compares with SendStation’s earlier adapter designs in functionality.
Handstands iSnug Armband - Click Here for Details
This black neoprene armband kit includes cases for both iPod and iPod mini, plus a detachable armband for workouts.
Handstands iSticky Pad XL Pad - Click Here for Details
This larger version of the semi-adhesive iPod car holder formerly known as iGrip sells for the same price as its predecessor, but has more surface area for bonding with your car’s dashboard and iPod.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?