First Looks: XtremeMac FS1, mTune, GripSkins, smartCharge, iSnug Armband & More
Welcome to this week’s First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. If you’re looking for earlier previews, visit our Articles page, where you’ll see First Looks dating back to the 2002 introduction of the 20GB iPod, or take a look at our more recent Sneak Peeks articles from Apple Expo Paris, and in The Free iPod Book. Here’s what’s new for this week:
XtremeMac FS1 Headphones - Click Here for Details
These high-style versions of FutureSonics’ classic earphones boast superior bass response and a nice collection of ear molds, including a quadruple flange design, foams, and silicone rubber caps. A tiny, curved headphone plug will prove compatible with virtually any iPod accessory you can imagine.
Speck GripSkins for iPod 4G and mini - Click Here for Details
These new comfortable black grippable cases from Speck preserve all of the features you’d expect from the company’s cases: screen protection, ideal top protection, and unique design. As promised, they feel good in your hand - despite or perhaps because of their added size.
Macally mTune for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
Shuffle, meet headphones. mTune gives you the ability to listen to your iPod shuffle without carrying it around in your pocket - or elsewhere. The shuffle mounts inside one of the earcups, exposing its controls, and provides the power the headphones need for normal listening. An audio cable is included so that mTune can be used with other iPods and audio devices, as well.
SendStation smartCharge for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This new combination of iPod shuffle charger and audio output device provides a shuffe-specific alternative to Belkin’s well-known Auto Kit for earlier Dock Connecting iPods. It pivots on a relatively narrow set of angles - 36 degrees north or south of flatness - but makes the shuffle surprisingly usable regardless.
Macally IconUF 30 Pin to USB and FireWire Adapter - Click Here for Details
This three-piece kit includes an iPod Dock Connector to USB and FireWire Adapter, plus USB and FireWire cables. It compares with SendStation’s earlier adapter designs in functionality.
Handstands iSnug Armband - Click Here for Details
This black neoprene armband kit includes cases for both iPod and iPod mini, plus a detachable armband for workouts.
Handstands iSticky Pad XL Pad - Click Here for Details
This larger version of the semi-adhesive iPod car holder formerly known as iGrip sells for the same price as its predecessor, but has more surface area for bonding with your car’s dashboard and iPod.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some other surprises in store, too. For other great accessories, again, check out the Free iPod Book, available now! Earlier features on Nyko’s Movie Player and iLounge Loves Japan are stil available online, as well.
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards