iPad cases for Apple Keyboard, removable keyboards
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I ‘m wondering if there is an iPad 2 case that can fit the Apple Wireless Keyboard so that I can use the case with or without the keyboard, depending on my needs. I know there are many cases with built-in keyboards but I have not seen any with a removable keyboard and I already own the Apple Keyboard. Thanks in advance.
A: Possibly due to the size difference between the two devices, nobody has yet designed a case that holds both the Apple Wireless Keyboard and an iPad. The closest option available in this regard would be the Incase Origami Workstation, which is designed to hold the Apple Wireless Keyboard by itself while also providing a stand compatible with any iPad model.
With the Origami Workstation, you would basically still need to keep the iPad in its own case separately from the keyboard, although several manufacturers do provide sleeve and bag solutions that can be used to carry both together; the Incase Travel Kit Plus for iPad provides one of the more portable sleeve solutions, and of course any number of larger messenger and laptop bags will work for this purpose as well.
Note that there are iPad case solutions with integrated, removable keyboards, however. One great option in this regard is the Adonit Writer 2 Plus which provides an integrated, built-in keyboard that can be early removed and used separately from the case via Bluetooth. The keyboard is naturally a bit smaller than the Apple Wireless Keyboard, but among iPad case keyboards is one of the best ones we’ve seen in terms of key spacing and typing comfort.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple recruits two Google Satellite Executives
- Nike unveils new Nike-exclusive ‘Apple Watch NikeLab’
- Prince single ‘Deliverance’ disappears from Apple Music
- Apple releases 2017 Environmental Responsibility Report
- Condé Nast Traveler reveals cover photo shot with iPhone 7 Plus
- Facebook integrating Apple Music into Messenger app
- China meeting with Apple to discuss concerns over live streaming apps
- New Prince single available on iTunes, Apple Music; EP available for pre-order
- Apple makes iWork apps, iMovie and GarageBand free to download
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10