iPad cases for Apple Keyboard, removable keyboards
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I ‘m wondering if there is an iPad 2 case that can fit the Apple Wireless Keyboard so that I can use the case with or without the keyboard, depending on my needs. I know there are many cases with built-in keyboards but I have not seen any with a removable keyboard and I already own the Apple Keyboard. Thanks in advance.
A: Possibly due to the size difference between the two devices, nobody has yet designed a case that holds both the Apple Wireless Keyboard and an iPad. The closest option available in this regard would be the Incase Origami Workstation, which is designed to hold the Apple Wireless Keyboard by itself while also providing a stand compatible with any iPad model.
With the Origami Workstation, you would basically still need to keep the iPad in its own case separately from the keyboard, although several manufacturers do provide sleeve and bag solutions that can be used to carry both together; the Incase Travel Kit Plus for iPad provides one of the more portable sleeve solutions, and of course any number of larger messenger and laptop bags will work for this purpose as well.
Note that there are iPad case solutions with integrated, removable keyboards, however. One great option in this regard is the Adonit Writer 2 Plus which provides an integrated, built-in keyboard that can be early removed and used separately from the case via Bluetooth. The keyboard is naturally a bit smaller than the Apple Wireless Keyboard, but among iPad case keyboards is one of the best ones we’ve seen in terms of key spacing and typing comfort.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple releases iOS 10.1, tvOS 10.0.1, watchOS 3.1
- New details about Apple Watch Nike+ exclusives, availability
- Apple’s website hints at possible Apple Pay launch in Germany
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple partners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps