iPod Adventures in the Middle East: Part I | iLounge Article

Article

iPod Adventures in the Middle East: Part I

By T-Slice

Well after about a week my ‘Big Boy’ 30GB iPod has arrived. I have wanted an iPod ever since I heard of the plans to make it. Now with a decent job locked down I made the move and secured the best purchase of my life. I am currently working in Amman Jordan as a contractor for the U.S. Army getting ready to move into Iraq. I am also an avid visitor of the iLounge website and when I was approached with the offer of doing an article about iPod in both Jordan and Iraq, I jumped at the chance.

pic

‘T-Slice’ posing with his new iPod 30GB. There are two A1 Abrams tanks
and a Bradley fighting vehicle in the background to the left.

I have just returned to Jordan from a week in the states after buying my new iPod. The work site is in the middle of nowhere. I look to my left and I see sand, I look to my right and I see sand, I look back

« MWNY03: A look at iPod accessories

Switching from MP3 to AAC Without Losing Your Mind »

Comments

I live in Kuwait and I use my iPod in temperatures that are also around 132, maybe even more. I havent experienced a problem, even though I am paranoid something might happen… but since I’ve gotten my 15 gig, 3rd gen. iPod, the weather hasnt had an affect on it…. *knocks on wood*

Posted by Patrick on June 23, 2003 at 2:03 PM (CDT)

One would think that iPod would do OK in 130+ degree envrionments. Remember that it uses a hard disk, and if you ever plugged one into a computer for a while, it gets REALLY HOT cause the HD is spinning around, and you know how hot hard disks get. This is internal heat, and it does fine, so it should do just as well when exposed to an external heat source (the warm air).

Posted by sraphim on June 24, 2003 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

Well,

one might “think”

but now you “know”.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 24, 2003 at 4:40 PM (CDT)

I’m surprised the screen didnt go funyn because I know that living in UK when it was a cold day my screens ink ran alittle at the bottom so for a short while it was just blue at the bottom, but sooned returned after I started listening to music and heating the thing up.

Posted by Fusen in UK on June 24, 2003 at 7:59 PM (CDT)

the heat is different then the cold, so the effects would also be different, dont u think? The temperatures here will rise to around 150 during the summer, I wonder if anything will happen….

Posted by Patrick on June 25, 2003 at 1:35 AM (CDT)

what location are you at Patrick?  Let us know how iPod does!

Posted by t-slice on June 25, 2003 at 9:01 AM (CDT)

Do you have the updated firmware for your 3rd Gen iPOD? I doubt you do since the photos have to be more than 1 week old ( update came out 3 days ago ). Hard to believe the 30gb worked perfectly, as there are dozens of known bugs.

Great article never the less, i love the photos ;)

btw, i dont support the war, Canada rules!

Posted by Stasyna on June 25, 2003 at 3:15 PM (CDT)

I’m by Kuwait City. I’ll be going to Lebanon in a month or so. I don’t believe the temperatures over is as extreme as the temp. here in Kuwait, but its has a lot of humidity and I’m sure the temperatures reach 130+ but not as high as 150. Hopefully nothing happens to my iPod… i love my iPod!!

Posted by Patrick on June 25, 2003 at 3:34 PM (CDT)

Stasyna,

I love the war you should really think about getting into it, it’s the newest thing.  Kidding, I don’t support war either but I support the troops that have to handle it.  Thanks for your response, more pics are to follow.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 25, 2003 at 4:58 PM (CDT)

Keep us posted Patrick.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 25, 2003 at 5:00 PM (CDT)

hey T-slice, where r u now? Amman?

Posted by Patrick on June 25, 2003 at 5:53 PM (CDT)

No I am close to the Iraq border. near safawi.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 25, 2003 at 8:15 PM (CDT)

I just realized that I didn’t smile in any of the pictures.  It was after work and I was tired. I’m not as mean as I look ;)  Next time I’ll keep out of the pics and just show the star of the show….iPod.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 25, 2003 at 8:19 PM (CDT)

oh. my sister had to go to Um Qasr for the company she works for. They had to record some footage or something like that. So how is it there? anything interesting?

Posted by Patrick on June 25, 2003 at 8:20 PM (CDT)

U should not go into Irak. No American should be in Irak. This war was against international laws. the troups are not responsible for it, but every soldier is responsible for his deeds, as is everybody. So, tslice, if you go to Irak, you are, a whee bit, responsible for the suffering of the Irakis. They suffered enough already from Saddam. Go home…

Posted by noname on June 26, 2003 at 2:34 PM (CDT)

noname, this isnt a political article, it has nothing to do with international laws or anything. its about the iPod, so lighten up dude. t-slice is just here to tell us about how his iPod is doing, not his political views. :D

Posted by Patrick on June 26, 2003 at 2:37 PM (CDT)

Thank you Patrick. I agree that this article is about iPod, and not about politics. But I understand and respect nonames comments and his views. He can feel free to send his comments to my .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Now more about iPod!

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 26, 2003 at 3:59 PM (CDT)

no problem t-slice. just wondering, what type of computer are u using?

Posted by Patrick on June 26, 2003 at 4:02 PM (CDT)

powerbook g4 12inch

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 26, 2003 at 4:05 PM (CDT)

nice. u should take a picture of ur powerbook and ur iPod in the middle of the desert, with nothing around. now that’d be a cool pic. What type of music do u mostly have on ur Notorious P.O.D.? any fav bands?

Posted by Patrick on June 26, 2003 at 4:14 PM (CDT)

I am a big fan of old school hip hop.  GrandMaster Flash and the Furious Five, Kurtis Blow, Afrika Bambatta, Dougie Fresh, Slick Rick, Boogie Down Productions…etc

A favorite would be Eric B and Rakim…

Favorite Song…Microphone Fiend

Favorite verse…......

“Cause I grab the mic and try to say yes y’all….they try to take it…..and say that I’m to small….Cool…..cause I don’t get upset…..i kick a hole in the speaker….pull the plug then I jet!”

thats me.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 26, 2003 at 5:55 PM (CDT)

oh nice. except, thats not really my style hehe. i’m more into rock/metal. some techno, some lounge music, and a little bit of rap, not a lot though. Just curious, but wat type of camera do u use? (like the one u used to take pics of urself and ur iPod).

Posted by Patrick on June 26, 2003 at 6:04 PM (CDT)

wow tslice you have an eery resemblence to Silent Bob.

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on June 27, 2003 at 11:20 AM (CDT)

I just wish I had his money. Maybe I should get me a trench coat and be his stunt double.

My favorite Silent Bob moment…...

When Silent Bob and Jay were siting in front of the store on “Clerks” and they were playing the music.  When Silent Bob started Busting-A-Move…  I about died laughing.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 27, 2003 at 11:57 AM (CDT)

yeah u do look like Kevin Smith… hmm… u should start growing ur hair to look like Silent Bob.

My favorite Silent Bob moment was in Mallrats when he put a bunch of coins in a sock and was trying to knock out that secuirity guard but he slipped and missed. now THATS comedy.

Posted by Patrick on June 27, 2003 at 1:00 PM (CDT)

@patrick. If somebody thinks it is a good idea to post a picture with “two A1 Abrams tanks
and a Bradley fighting vehicle in the background to the left”, then, yes, this is kind of a political statement! I would feel bad if I would’nt react on something stupid like that, sorry.

Posted by noname on June 27, 2003 at 3:29 PM (CDT)

dude. It has no political meaning. Look at the site ur at. It doesnt read CNN.com or something. its the iPodlounge.com. This isnt a place for political statements.

Posted by Patrick on June 27, 2003 at 3:52 PM (CDT)

Please keep this post about iPod. Like I said, if you think this is political, bring all of your comments to me at

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Respectfully…..t-slice

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 27, 2003 at 4:56 PM (CDT)

ok, tslice, don’t post anymore such pictures, then I have no problem. Show us the culture of these interesting countries, the people, not these weapons of the USA! Picture like these have always a political meaning, patrick, I’m sorry if you can’t see that.

Posted by noname on June 27, 2003 at 6:15 PM (CDT)

I will have to have you refer any complaints about the posting of pictures to the staff of ipodlounge.com here:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

As for your political view, if you are a professional you will understand that anyone viewing this site is here for info about Apples iPod. Now if you want to talk politics I once again refer you to my email

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I will be more than happy enough to go toe to toe with you on this subject. That is if your man or woman enough.

Now back to the star of the show…...ta daaaa   the iPod:)

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 27, 2003 at 6:38 PM (CDT)

noname, a picture will have a political meaning if u give one. t-slice didnt post up the picture of him and his iPod with the two A1 Abrams tanks and a Bradley fighting vehicle because he wanted to brainwash us or something. So be more mature noname and think before u post….

sorry if i went off topic but i couldnt help it =|

Posted by Patrick on June 27, 2003 at 6:54 PM (CDT)

The weather over here is getting pretty humid and the temperatures rising… but i do not believe it’ll effect my iPod at all…. hmm…

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on June 27, 2003 at 9:06 PM (CDT)

@patrick, so what was the intention of tslice with this picture? Infos about iPod? He could have chosen another, couldn’t he?

@tslice, I won’t go “toe to toe” with you,  because you posted this picture in the public,  so the discussion has got to be in the public too, don’t you think so?

By the way, I do not think bad of any of you, but I think this picture is offensive and was published without thinking about the deeper meaning it carries within. I think it might be useful to make people aware (especially Americans), that every action gets a reaction, about that should have been thought beforhand.

tslice, keep your eyes open, listen to the local people, if you get the chance. Good luck!

Posted by nomae on June 28, 2003 at 1:29 PM (CDT)

Well it’s clear that we both have different views, and that you were upset about the pictures.  I appologise. While I did not imply any political motive behind them, it also shows true that “a picture says a thousand words”.  I hope you can except my appology and understand that I had no motive for political gain.  You have brought this to my attention and I will try to use better judgement in the future.  Good luck to you also.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on June 28, 2003 at 2:23 PM (CDT)

thank you tslice. I really mean it. I wish you all the best! Let’s all be aware and make the world a better place.

Posted by noname on June 28, 2003 at 4:53 PM (CDT)

Finally, this is settled :D. noname, let me also apologize, i admit i was stubborn, but u have to see this from my point also. I live in kuwait and i lived through the 2 wars that occured. The first Gulf War and this war. Even though I was a kid during the first war. Anyways, lets get back to the iPod.

I’m taking my iPod to the beach this week, but i’m having 2nd thoughts. hehe. I guess i’m just paranoid. Lets see what happens…

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on June 28, 2003 at 5:21 PM (CDT)

sorry to bring it up again,  but someone here is an IDIOT

tslice, I agree with noname, go to town take a picutre in the city, with the people around you, you’re bound to find an saddam henchmen bullying around a woman or some other guy, at least its not a statement about war…

i guess that will make noname happy - I agree its IPOD only here..  sorry to bring this up again, I’m just reading and I m thinking JEEEEZ IDIOT..

(I m not pointing fingers at anyone, if you think the idiot applies to you, guess you know yourself good)

Posted by clyde on July 1, 2003 at 11:19 AM (CDT)

so…........Has anyone else subjected their iPod to any other harsh environments?  Jungle, Antartica, New York City….just joking NYC.

Let us know.  Was there a time where something happened to your iPod and you thought….“oh boy there it goes…bye bye iPod…..but it just kept on rocking?

We want to hear it.

Posted by tslice in Illinois on July 1, 2003 at 12:14 PM (CDT)

Tslice,
I first learned about the Ipod when a buddy of mine brought one to a summer camp I went to (2003) and now I want one soooooooooo bad, so I was curious is there anything I should know of about the performance of the Ipod itself or the battery? I am a little nervous to buy it since its really $$$ so if u could just sell the idea to me i would appreicate it. ok thanks alot.
JL

Posted by JL on July 3, 2003 at 7:17 PM (CDT)

You iPod infidels! ..... You shall feel the wrath of MY iPod….. May your be plagued by the junk mail from 1 million spammers and may your undergarments reek of the smell of defeat as us loyally citizens of Irak (sp) rejoice and party like it’s 1999. (Sarcastic tone implied)

Posted by Sadaam Smith on July 4, 2003 at 12:18 AM (CDT)

Hey, I found sadaam!

But seriously, tslice, when I get a 3G, I’m going to dip my old one in battery acid.  Or maybe some LSD! iDOP!

Posted by twdldee on July 4, 2003 at 1:31 AM (CDT)

JL,

Well I can tell you that only after owning my ipod for a couple of months, it is still one of the best investments I have ever made.  It took me awile to make a decision to buy one also. But once I found the iPod lounge and listened to the members, I started wanting one bad!  My iPod has not shown any problems.  The battery life is as advertised.  I use mine about 3 hours a day and I charge it about every three days.  I am currently holding 600 songs (with room for 6900 more….yeah boy).

Some good things about owning the iPod:

Provided you have alot of songs…....just put it on shuffle and rock on and on and on and….you get the idea.

Throw a party…...Hook up the iPod to the stereo….and then take requests.

When a friend comes up to you and says….man do you remember that one song and it goes like this…..and he starts to sing and you say….you mean this one and show it to him on your iPod.  (then he will want one).

You forget what songs you put on your iPod….
You’ll be sitting there listening to your iPod, and all of a sudden a great song will play that you forgot you put on your iPod.

And finally….if you get your iPod…..there is no other joy than opening the box and knowing….that you are about to have the power to carry 500….1000….3000….5000…7500 songs anywhere you go…..yeah boy.  So I hope this way to long post helps you out.  Lets us know what happens.  And keep visiting ipodlounge…..you can learn alot about the iPod from here.  Good Luck.

Posted by t-slice on July 4, 2003 at 9:19 AM (CDT)

good job finding sadaam twdldee!  But take it easy on the old iPod! Save the battery bath for that old tape player.  Just my two cents.

Posted by t-slice on July 4, 2003 at 9:28 AM (CDT)

and give the lsd to sadaam

Posted by t-slice on July 4, 2003 at 9:29 AM (CDT)

......is it really safe to give LSD to saddam? I think he’s messed up enough :D

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 4, 2003 at 9:50 AM (CDT)

So to summarise;
Saddam=bad
ipod=good.

See? We’re learning.

Posted by Jake on July 4, 2003 at 12:36 PM (CDT)

wow this really took off in the political direction didnt it. I knew it was coming.

I cant wait fro more pictures.

Posted by Stasyna on July 4, 2003 at 7:15 PM (CDT)

Hey, good luck t-slice. I’ve had a 5GB in Saudi since December 2001. It works great, and people here are buying them up!

Posted by Jim Reed on July 5, 2003 at 2:36 PM (CDT)

fro sure!

Posted by tslice in Illinois on July 5, 2003 at 6:00 PM (CDT)

Hey fellas i have a question, is there anything you can get that will copy songs from one ipod to another? thanks

Posted by JL on July 6, 2003 at 11:02 AM (CDT)

i dont think so….

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 6, 2003 at 12:24 PM (CDT)

Great article T-Slice.  Looking foward to Part II.  Sorry “noname” had to comment off topic with his brainwashed views.  It’s really not his fault.

“All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing”

Posted by Scott on July 6, 2003 at 7:50 PM (CDT)

Posted by t-slice on July 7, 2003 at 6:49 AM (CDT)

I see from the articles at the top of the page that the iPod can withstand very hot temps but i was wondering how high in the air can you take it? the instructions to my 15 gig said that you cannot play it above 10,000 ft. is that true, cause i want to take it on a jet with me but i dont want to screw it up. It should be fine though shouldnt it because the cabin is presurized and stuff right? has anyone else taken it on a jet with them?

Posted by JL on July 8, 2003 at 7:40 AM (CDT)

JL,

You must be american to ask such a dumb question while providing the answer within your question.

Posted by fadman on July 8, 2003 at 10:34 PM (CDT)

Fadman

He’s asking if any of us took it over 10,000 feet and what happened with the iPod. U dont have to insult him.

JL

I’ve never taken it on a flight with me yet, but in a few weeks i’ll be travelling, we’ll c wat happens….

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 9, 2003 at 3:05 AM (CDT)

JL

I rocked my Ipod at over 20,000 feet going to Amman Jordan from the U.S. and had no problems.

And Fadman,

What country do you come from?  Being so “smart” and all.

Just wondering.

Posted by t-slice on July 9, 2003 at 4:34 AM (CDT)

*phew* t-slice u just saved me a lot of trouble of worrying about breaking my iPod when flying. It’d be logical for them to work at those heights cause i mean, lots of people listen to music while flying…

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 9, 2003 at 4:44 AM (CDT)

Anytime.

It is a life saver on a long flight.  My total combined flights to jordan added up to just over 12 hours of flight time and thats not counting my layovers.  Plus the Flight Attendants dig the iPod also. One flight attendant was thinking about buying one and after using mine for a little bit she made a decision to deffinately buy one.  I pointed her to the iPodlounge, so maybe she will visit.

Cheers

Posted by t-slice on July 9, 2003 at 7:35 AM (CDT)

fadman
i was only asking just to be sure, and if it wasnt for us Americans you wouldn’t have an iPod.

Posted by JL on July 9, 2003 at 8:02 AM (CDT)

Bam!

He’s got a very good point there.

Thank you JL.

Posted by t-slice on July 9, 2003 at 8:09 AM (CDT)

y do politics come up in every discussion? isnt this supposed to be only about iPods?

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 9, 2003 at 8:21 AM (CDT)

have you people located in the middle east run into any mac shops?  from my experience in non-western countries, most everyone uses PCs because of how easily and cheaply they can be “built”...

also, has any firm come out with an iPod carrying case built for joggers?  i’m thinking of, essentially, a glove that secures an iPod in the palm of your hand.  this would be very convenient as it sucks running with it strapped to your shorts, but it also sucks having to hold on to it tightly when your hands are sweaty and you’re sprinting…

-dw

Posted by deathwolf on July 9, 2003 at 8:48 AM (CDT)

Yeah. Theres a Mac shop in lebanon. I know that for sure :)

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 9, 2003 at 8:54 AM (CDT)

hey deathwolf,

check out this site:

Posted by t-slice on July 9, 2003 at 9:51 AM (CDT)

send them a suggestion about the “iPod glove” and maybe they will pick it up. Thats a good idea.

Posted by t-slice on July 9, 2003 at 9:53 AM (CDT)

I can absolutely testify that an iPod will NOT survive submersion in fresh water…I was boarding a sailboat for a long distance race (30 hours + or -) where music is an absolute necessity with my 1 week old 30GB iPod, and sure enough, the rule about electronics and their irresistable attraction to bodies of water held true. Kerplunk! straight into 9 feet of fresh water.

I stripped off, unwilling to let 500$ and my favorite white and silver friend slip away, and plunged into the 58 degree water.  I had to come up for air about ten times before I finally located my buddy under 2 feet of silt, all by touch.  I brought him up and shook him out, blowing through the jack holes, removed the port cover and blew through there, then left him outside in mild sunshine for 4 days, bringing him in at night.  The good news is that I could get the apple logo to show up, but nothing else would boot up.  It was enough for the apple folks to warranty me a new one.  Thank god for apple service!

I am bringing him on my next race on the 19th, but this time I have drilled a hole in the carrying case and tied a lanyard that will be clipped at all times to my belt.

To conclude, DON’T BE A MORON AND DROP YOUR IPOD IN THE WATER, NO MATTER HOW TOUGH YOU THINK IT IS!

Posted by Captain AL on July 10, 2003 at 9:33 AM (CDT)

Amen

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 10, 2003 at 9:40 AM (CDT)

Do we really have to get the weapons in there?  My god…

It’s not political, it’s just showing the US Military might which was used against Iraq, right?

Now that after thousands are dead and the Iraqi Government has been overthrown… Does anyone on either side feel any safer?  I think not.

“There is one single purpose of this War…  To disarm Iraq and ensure that Americans can be safe again”—Colin Powell.

Posted by j763 on July 10, 2003 at 10:23 AM (CDT)

sigh…. i have a favor to ask everyone who reads this article and the comments here…. can u stop posting political comments? this isnt a political site to start off with. If u dont like the pictures or articles then just shutup and leave the site. This is supposed to be about t-slice’s experience in the Middle East with his iPod. Not the American might or the war. so can everyone please chill about the war and weapons and start telling us about their iPods? :P

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 10, 2003 at 10:34 AM (CDT)

Patrick,

I can’t beleive Lebanon has a Mac store. I was there for 2 day visit from Cyprus and thought it was pretty musch trying to struggle back from civil war. This was few years ago.

But I guess they are moving forward.

What kind of work takes you there?

Posted by Andrewinla on July 10, 2003 at 12:52 PM (CDT)

I’m a student. I’ll be going to university there. Lebanon is more advanced then some people think. There are some parts of Lebanon that arent advancing really well and still need time, but other parts are advancing fast. The Mac store in Lebanon isnt really big, but its pretty cool. There’s also a Mac repair shop in Kuwait for people who have Apple computers or products that need repair, only problem is its pretty expensive and is aimed mainly at the businesses here who use Apple computers (thats my theory)

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 10, 2003 at 1:23 PM (CDT)

OK!  Listen up.  I submitted my pictures to iPod lounge WITHOUT CAPTIONS!!!!!  The webmaster put the captions on the pictures thinking they were U.S. Army Tanks.  They are not!  They are actually Jordanian personel carriers and a anti aircraft tank.  If any one kept up with current events they would know that there was NO AMERICAN ARMOR UNITS stationed in Jordan.  So…..These are not American Tanks…..These pictures are not showing the “MIGHTY US ARMY WAR MACHINE OUT TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE” They are simply Jordanian army units placed on their border to protect them from a tyrant who has no reguard for human life.  Remember Kuwait?  The Jordanians sure do!  And they are not going to let that happen to them.  Not one of my pictures showed American Equipment.  They were captions placed there by misinformation.  Now I suggest that you either read up on your current and pollitical events or just please shut up!  It’s getting old.  Take your comments to CNN and leave this site to stories about iPod.

Oh and by the way…..While I am out here in the 130 degree heat packaging, loading and sending Food Supplies, Medical Supplies and Aid to the people in Iraq…...What the hell are you doing to help them? Really….what are you doing?  Sitting at your computer and bitching doesn’t do the people of Iraq any great justice.  If you really want to help get your ass over here and pitch in.

Posted by t-slice on July 10, 2003 at 10:55 PM (CDT)

Captain AL,

I’m glad you got a replacement. That would have sucked.

Good luck with the lanyard.

Posted by t-slice on July 10, 2003 at 10:59 PM (CDT)

that’s some pretty shoddy journalism on behalf of whoever posted the captions to your pictures to assume that those two blips in the left hand corner of the upper-most picture were in fact ” two A1 Abrams tanks and a Bradley fighting vehicle.”  They could have just as easily been two tents and a freakin’ lorry.  chalk one up for ipodlounge.

Posted by deathwolf on July 10, 2003 at 11:24 PM (CDT)

I don’t blame iPod lounge for purposely writing those captions I just believe that they were mistaken.  I didn’t think it was going to raise this much hell, thats why I just left it as it was.  But as you see that clearly wasn’t the case.

Sorry iPodlounge, I should have submitted the captions also.  I will next time.

Posted by t-slice on July 11, 2003 at 1:51 AM (CDT)

we all appreciate (well I do at least) what youre doing there t-slice. Just keep up the good work and keep us updated with info on your iPod :D!

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 11, 2003 at 4:49 AM (CDT)

Thank you Patrick.

Posted by t-slice on July 11, 2003 at 7:12 AM (CDT)

T-slice. I will be unemployed in Sept (my company closing in CA and moving to NC. How did you get involved in your line of work. I’d love to be there helping you out and come Sept I have no problem signing up!

Posted by Andrewinla on July 11, 2003 at 12:56 PM (CDT)

Can you believe that you guys are actuallly listening to some guy who is so ashamed to give a name tht he puts noname.  Well anyways, I love the pictures it gives you a different perspective.  I hope you got that iPod filled because it looks like thesers nothing to do there.  BTW I love old Skool rap.

Posted by Nasir Jones on July 11, 2003 at 5:57 PM (CDT)

Andrewinla,

No Problem,

Send me an E-Mail to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I will send you all the info I have.

Sorry to hear about your job.  Hopefully we can get you on board here.

Posted by t-slice on July 11, 2003 at 10:27 PM (CDT)

Nasir,

Thank you for the comments. What is one old Skool rap/hip hop song that sticks out for you?

Posted by t-slice on July 11, 2003 at 10:29 PM (CDT)

Patrick,

What will you be studying in Lebanon?

Posted by t-slice on July 11, 2003 at 10:30 PM (CDT)

I’ll be studying Graphic Design t-slice.

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 12, 2003 at 4:05 AM (CDT)

“When your sitting there and you get a song running through your head…...it’s probably on your iPod or soon will be:). “

Im guessing you download those “songs running through your head” music t-slice? I doubt they’re music stores holding western music in the iraq region.

Posted by Foo_Foo on July 13, 2003 at 3:37 PM (CDT)

You would be surprised how many western cd’s I have picked up in this region.  But When I am home I am a part time mobile DJ so I have a lot of tunes that I have copied from my vinyl and cd’s.  Don’t have a real good internet connection here to download.

Posted by t-slice on July 13, 2003 at 10:22 PM (CDT)

hi, I just read all of that and I think that noname should shut his trap because the american government is doing alot for Iraq and for the middle-east. If you want to talk about your political views then go somewhere else.

Posted by Jake on July 13, 2003 at 11:27 PM (CDT)

A lot of the people here buy/listen/download western music. But thats different from Iraq I would believe. We have a lot of cd stores here like Virgin and stuff. I usually just order my stuff off Amazon or something. The Middle East isnt as bad as it seems…

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 14, 2003 at 2:52 AM (CDT)

I am very impressed with the commerce available in Amman.

Posted by t-slice on July 14, 2003 at 3:26 AM (CDT)

u should see some of the other places t-slice. sometime whenever u get a break u should come by Kuwait or Dubai. Especially Dubai. Lebanon has a lot of cool stuff too, but it still needs some fixing up. And supposedly the best place to live in the Middle East is Bahrain.

Posted by Patrick M. in Kuwait on July 14, 2003 at 3:32 AM (CDT)

I just got back from living in Amman for six months. I could not find one decent store to buy anything electronic.

Posted by bla on July 14, 2003 at 11:35 AM (CDT)

Posted by bla on July 14, 2003 at 11:35 AM (CDT)

Nas “Memory Lane”, I love that song.  I also like that whole CD.  Illmatic was a classic.  “It aint hard to tell” and “Lifes a *****” are also great songs.
Hope your enjoying yourself!

Posted by Nasir Jones on July 15, 2003 at 7:11 PM (CDT)

Hope your enjoying yourself!

Posted by Nasir Jones on July 15, 2003 at 7:11 PM (CDT)

In reference to the question re: copying songs from one ipod to another… I have found one situation in which I was successful. There are however conditions…
You must have a WINPOD and access to a PC with NERO burner.
-Open the winpod in NERO Burner
-Grab all the Music folders and pull them to the hard drive in one folder
-Do a find for all the music files in the main folder
-Move all the music files to One folder
-Connect the other winpod and add the songs.

Im sure there is a better way than these Neanderthal antics, but thats all I ve got at the moment.

Posted by JStahl on July 18, 2003 at 10:44 AM (CDT)

ok thats jstahl, i appreciate it.

Posted by JL on July 18, 2003 at 6:33 PM (CDT)

thanks*

Posted by JL on July 18, 2003 at 6:33 PM (CDT)

Too bad Nas sucks now.
Murda Inc killed his rhymes.

Posted by haha on July 18, 2003 at 7:07 PM (CDT)

I left my iPod in a P.A (public address) for about 5 hours, and it got extremely hot… when i took it out, there was a horizontal line that didnt dissappear even when contrast was changed… it went away after a day…

Posted by Dave Luebbert on July 19, 2003 at 8:35 PM (CDT)

Really dave?

darn.

good thing where i live my ‘pod isnt exposed to much heat :)

Posted by Stasyna on July 22, 2003 at 7:11 PM (CDT)