iTunes 9 and Shopping Cart
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: With the recent advent of iTunes 9, the Shopping Cart seems to have disappeared from both the sidebar and the Preferences menu? Is it still there, albeit in a different place or have Apple removed that shopping facility completely?
A: Unfortunately, the Shopping Cart is gone entirely, and in fact even some of the other previous features like the ability to add “wish list” items to a normal playlist and preview them is no longer available in iTunes 9.
From a one-click point of view, purchasing is the only option now available. However, iTunes 9 and the new iTunes Store layout does provide its own store-wide “Wish List” feature. While this is a weak replacement for the Shopping Cart in our opinion, particularly as it does not offer nearly as simple of an alternative to one-click purchasing as the old shopping cart did, the Wish List does allow you to create a list of content that you might be later interested in purchasing.
To add an item to the iTunes Wish List, simply click the small arrow to the right of the purchasing button, and select ‘Add to Wish List” from the pop-up menu which appears.
You can view your wish list and purchase individual items or the entire wish list by selecting “My Wish List” from either the bottom of the iTunes Store page or by clicking on the arrow the left of your iTunes Store account name in the top-right corner.
The Wish List itself will display all of the items you’ve added to it, organized by category, with a “Buy All” button at the top to purchase everything in your Wish List, or the normal individual Buy buttons to purchase individual items. Items are removed from the Wish List after you purchase them.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple files lawsuit accusing Qualcomm of withholding patent royalties
- Apple releases updated iOS Developer Design Resources
- Apple’s exclusive audiobook deal with Audible ends in Europe following EU antitrust scrutiny
- Nintendo officially announces Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS, coming Feb. 2
- Rumor: Apple working on second-generation Apple Pencil
- GarageBand 2.2 adds Logic Pro X integration, Alchemy synth, Multi-Take Recording
- FTC files complaint against Qualcomm citing royalty deal with Apple
- India mulling manufacturing regulation changes which could woo Apple
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10