iTunes 9 and Shopping Cart
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: With the recent advent of iTunes 9, the Shopping Cart seems to have disappeared from both the sidebar and the Preferences menu? Is it still there, albeit in a different place or have Apple removed that shopping facility completely?
A: Unfortunately, the Shopping Cart is gone entirely, and in fact even some of the other previous features like the ability to add “wish list” items to a normal playlist and preview them is no longer available in iTunes 9.
From a one-click point of view, purchasing is the only option now available. However, iTunes 9 and the new iTunes Store layout does provide its own store-wide “Wish List” feature. While this is a weak replacement for the Shopping Cart in our opinion, particularly as it does not offer nearly as simple of an alternative to one-click purchasing as the old shopping cart did, the Wish List does allow you to create a list of content that you might be later interested in purchasing.
To add an item to the iTunes Wish List, simply click the small arrow to the right of the purchasing button, and select ‘Add to Wish List” from the pop-up menu which appears.
You can view your wish list and purchase individual items or the entire wish list by selecting “My Wish List” from either the bottom of the iTunes Store page or by clicking on the arrow the left of your iTunes Store account name in the top-right corner.
The Wish List itself will display all of the items you’ve added to it, organized by category, with a “Buy All” button at the top to purchase everything in your Wish List, or the normal individual Buy buttons to purchase individual items. Items are removed from the Wish List after you purchase them.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!