iTunes-fetched artwork on iPod
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I downloaded the new iTunes and clicked on the “Get Artwork” feature you described last week. Most of my “artless” music selections were succesfully updated and now have the album artwork in iTunes, which is great. The problem, however, is that this artwork does not show up on my iPod, unlike artwork I’ve collected myself. Any ideas on how to get the artwork that iTunes assigned to my previously “artless” selections to show up on my iPod?
A: In our experimenting, we’ve noticed the exact same thing, and we definitely suspect it to be another one of the many bugs expected to be fixed by an update to iTunes 7 that Apple is undoubtedly working feverishly on.
In the meantime, this particular bug appears easy to fix: users on our iLounge Discussion Forums are reporting that the album artwork downloaded from iTunes’ new feature can in fact be transferred to the iPod, but that the bug seems to be that simply downloading the artwork doesn’t “flag” the tracks to be updated on the iPod.
Thus, the problem is fixed if you choose to restore your iPod (forcing all tracks to be ‘flagged’ for transfer), or if you otherwise trick iTunes into thinking the songs need to be updated on the iPod (for example, if you make an edit to the songs’ Comments fields). In either case, after they’ve been instructed to transfer to the iPod, they’ll do so along with their associated artwork.
Again, we expect a bug this simple to be squashed very soon, but in the meantime, use this workaround.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Families fight in court over missing teen’s iPhone data
- Court allows police to force woman to unlock iPhone with Touch ID fingerprint
- Coach reportedly releasing bands for Apple Watch
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Apple provides more details on new Apple Music API
- Apple Music for Android adds music videos, Family Plan support
- Icahn pulls out of Apple over China concerns
- Apple launches CareKit, with four apps debuting today
- Alleged schematics for iPhone 7 ‘Pro’ show up in Japanese magazine
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)