iTunes-fetched artwork on iPod
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I downloaded the new iTunes and clicked on the “Get Artwork” feature you described last week. Most of my “artless” music selections were succesfully updated and now have the album artwork in iTunes, which is great. The problem, however, is that this artwork does not show up on my iPod, unlike artwork I’ve collected myself. Any ideas on how to get the artwork that iTunes assigned to my previously “artless” selections to show up on my iPod?
A: In our experimenting, we’ve noticed the exact same thing, and we definitely suspect it to be another one of the many bugs expected to be fixed by an update to iTunes 7 that Apple is undoubtedly working feverishly on.
In the meantime, this particular bug appears easy to fix: users on our iLounge Discussion Forums are reporting that the album artwork downloaded from iTunes’ new feature can in fact be transferred to the iPod, but that the bug seems to be that simply downloading the artwork doesn’t “flag” the tracks to be updated on the iPod.
Thus, the problem is fixed if you choose to restore your iPod (forcing all tracks to be ‘flagged’ for transfer), or if you otherwise trick iTunes into thinking the songs need to be updated on the iPod (for example, if you make an edit to the songs’ Comments fields). In either case, after they’ve been instructed to transfer to the iPod, they’ll do so along with their associated artwork.
Again, we expect a bug this simple to be squashed very soon, but in the meantime, use this workaround.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps