iTunes prompts to remove apps from iPod
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: We have an second-generation iPod touch and are running the current version of iTunes. We have just bought and downloaded three short films from the iTunes Store, each under 40MB. There is currently 3.87GB of space left on the iPod. After the purchase, we tried to sync them to the iPod and we got a this message: “Are you sure you want to remove all 73 applications from the iPod? This will delete these application and their data from the iPod.” We have enough room there; why would it want to delete the apps?
A: iTunes should never try to delete apps from your iPod touch unless you specifically ask it to. Even if your device is running low on space, iTunes will simply display an error message and refuse to transfer any additional content to your device; it will not remove content itself to make room.
If iTunes is suggesting that it’s going to remove applications from your iOS device it is likely because these applications have been removed from your iTunes library or de-selected for synchronization in your iTunes settings or you’re trying to synchronize your iPod touch to a different computer that does not have these apps installed. Check your Apps tab in iTunes to ensure that these apps are still in your library and haven’t been accidentally deleted, and also go to your iPod touch settings in iTunes and check the Apps tab to ensure that synchronization of Apps is still enabled and that all of the apps that should be on your iPod touch are still selected for synchronization.
If you have mistakenly deleted the apps from your iTunes library you can simply download them again from the iTunes Store at no charge. Once they are back in your library they should automatically match up with the apps already on your device.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!