Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: Under iTunes’ “View” menu, I see a checkmark next to an option called “iTunes Visualizer.” Does this imply that there is an option for other visualizers? If so, where can they be found? I’ve always been a little disappointed in the iTunes visualizer when compared to the one in Windows Media Player, so it would be really cool if there were other choices.
A: Indeed there are other visualizers available for iTunes. A search on www.download.com or www.macupdate.com will yield several options for both Mac & PC users, but our favorites are almost exclusively from SoundSpectrum Software. This company, actually, is the company responsible for the visualizer built into iTunes, but they also offer three far more advanced visualizers separately on their website. G-Force is similar to the one built into iTunes, but builds on its complexity and feature set, WhiteCap does some really neat wireframe art, and the company’s brand-new SoftSkies visualizer does some really neat time-synchronized cloud-like rendering. All three are very impressive, and definitely worth a look.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- August adds Motion Detection, Video Recording to Doorbell Cam
- Black hat security firm triples exploit bounty to $1.5m in wake of improved iOS 10 security features
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- IK Multimedia iRig HD 2
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps