Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
Every year, Manhattan hosts CE Week — the official summertime event of the Consumer Electronics Association - and iLounge sponsors iLounge NYC, a dedicated area for Apple accessory makers. CE Week officially opens to attendees this morning, with exhibitions running through tomorrow afternoon.
iLounge NYC is hosting a number of Apple accessory companies this year, and we’re live at CE Week checking out what’s new from them and other companies on the show floor. Be sure to check back throughout the day for what’s new as we’ll be adding plenty of pictures and additional details as we walk the show floor.
Phonesuit was debuting its new Journey Charger ($79), a slim 3500 mAh pack with built-in micro USB and Lightning cables, a built-in wall plug and extra USB output on bottom, putting out 2.4A of total output.
Armpocket has a new Mega i-40 Plus armband ($50) that will accommodate an iPhone 6 Plus, even in a bulky case like an Otterbox. It’s available now. Also in the works is Wrister ($40), a new wristband that can hold an iPhone 6, which will be available in August.
Benq presented its new treVolo ($300), a portable Bluetooth speaker released earlier this year and billed as “the world’s first electrostatic Bluetooth speaker.” It has a 12-hour battery life and side panels that fold in for portability.
STM showed off its new Grace Collection. Marketed toward women, the Grace Deluxe Sleeve can hold a 13” MacBook and other accessories ($70). Not pictured are the Grace Sleeve ($40) and Grace Clutch ($30). The collection is expected to be available in late August.
STM also had the Joey power pack that we first saw at CES, which is now available as a $70-$90 add-on for the company’s Bowery, Drifter, and Trust bags.
Fugoo announced an update to its speakers that allows users to now pair two units to work together, in stereo or otherwise. The company was also once again showing its Fugoo XL speaker, which is now apparently on track for an August release.
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- MLB.com At Bat and NHL now allow users to personalize Home Screen icons
- Apple pulls over-the-air iOS 10.3 update for iPhone 5, 5c; iOS 10.3.2 seems to end support for them
- Supplier Responsibility Report, recent hires hint at Project Titan research
- Apple now rejecting apps with references to price in their name
- Apple Pay now live in Taiwan
- Apple releases iOS 10.3.2 beta to developers
- Rumor: Apple may add cellular capability to next Apple Watch, create USB-C/Lightning hybrid
- Urbanears launches new lineup of Wi-Fi Connected Speakers
- Apple adds ability for developers respond to apps reviews, tweaks in-app rating prompt rules
- Report: 10.5” iPad Pro could still arrive this spring
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10