Making MP3s bookmarkable
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I am interested in buying an iPod using Apple’s educational discounts. I’ve selected what I would like to purchase. The items are in my cart and they’re are still the same price!
At what point do I apply my educational discount, and see what it saves me?
A: To see the education discounts available to individual customers, you must access the Apple Store for Education. This is available via a link in the right hand column of the main Apple Store webpage, or here.
By accessing the Apple Store in this manner, every price you see has been preadjusted to reflect the educational discount. Note that the educational discount applies only to Apple hardware and software.
Only the following individuals can use the educational discount:
K-12 Employees (Not students):
- Employee of public or private K-12 institutions in the United States
- School Board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members
- PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers
- Qualified homeschools
- Employee of a public or private, profit or non-profit preschool
College / University Employees and students:
- Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
- Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Enjoy! You should be able to save $30 on any iPod, $20 on any iPod nano, and $10 on the 1GB iPod shuffle. Furthermore, you’ll save 10% on most Apple-branded iPod accessories.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Nintendo officially announces Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS, coming Feb. 2
- Rumor: Apple working on second-generation Apple Pencil
- GarageBand 2.2 adds Logic Pro X integration, Alchemy synth, Multi-Take Recording
- FTC files complaint against Qualcomm citing royalty deal with Apple
- India mulling manufacturing regulation changes which could woo Apple
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10