Making MP3s bookmarkable
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I am interested in buying an iPod using Apple’s educational discounts. I’ve selected what I would like to purchase. The items are in my cart and they’re are still the same price!
At what point do I apply my educational discount, and see what it saves me?
A: To see the education discounts available to individual customers, you must access the Apple Store for Education. This is available via a link in the right hand column of the main Apple Store webpage, or here.
By accessing the Apple Store in this manner, every price you see has been preadjusted to reflect the educational discount. Note that the educational discount applies only to Apple hardware and software.
Only the following individuals can use the educational discount:
K-12 Employees (Not students):
- Employee of public or private K-12 institutions in the United States
- School Board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members
- PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers
- Qualified homeschools
- Employee of a public or private, profit or non-profit preschool
College / University Employees and students:
- Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
- Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Enjoy! You should be able to save $30 on any iPod, $20 on any iPod nano, and $10 on the 1GB iPod shuffle. Furthermore, you’ll save 10% on most Apple-branded iPod accessories.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- Report: New iPhone’s space gray to be ‘much darker color’
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Apple leaves iOS 10 kernel open to scrutiny
- Judge throws out ‘Error 53’ lawsuit against Apple
- Chinese company in iPhone patent fight is all but defunct
- Apple adds nine more apps to universal search in Apple TV
- WSJ: iPhone to see modest changes this year, eliminate headphone jack
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
- Twelve South BookBook for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app