Missing FaceTime icon on iPod touch
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I bought a new fourth-generation iPod touch a few days ago, but I don’t see a FaceTime icon. How can I get it and download the software?
A: iPod touch models sold in certain Middle East countries actually have FaceTime disabled. The exact reasons for this are unknown, but it seems to apply to models MC547AB, MC540AB and MC544AB. If your iPod touch is one of these models, regardless of where you actually bought it from or which country you’re now in, it will not be possible to activate FaceTime on your device without jailbreaking it. You can check the model number of your current iPod touch by going into your Settings app and choosing the About option.
You can also use the built-in Spotlight search found by swiping the left of the first home screen to try and find the FaceTime app in the event that it’s been inadvertently moved to another screen or folder.
If your iPod touch is not one of the restricted models and you’re still not seeing the FaceTime icon show up even in a search, check your Settings app to ensure FaceTime is not disabled in the General, Restrictions section. Also if the “FaceTime” option appears in the Settings app, try going in there and toggling FaceTime “on” to see if that makes the icon re-appear. Normally, the FaceTime icon should be present on the Home Screen by default, although in some rare cases it may be hidden as a result of restoring a prior iPod touch backup or having a restriction previously set.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps