My iPod froze after jogging
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: Yesterday, I went running with my iPod stuck in my sports bra so I didn’t have to hold it. I turned my iPod off after I finished running and, this morning, it would not work. I had the Hold button on, so I moved it, and the screen displayed the last song I had been playing. But no matter which button I pressed, I couldn’t get the iPod to do anything. I fidgeted with the Hold button some more, and the iPod wouldn’t come on unless I moved the Hold button back and forth; once it’s on it won’t do anything. I can charge it, however. I tried resetting it, holding the Menu and Play buttons down for well over ten seconds, but nothing happened. After I leave it like that for a while, the screen goes off and the image of the charging battery comes up.
- [No name provided]
A: The first thing you should try is use the iPod Software Updater to restore the iPod; this resets it to factory settings (and deletes all your music; make sure you have a backup), and fixes many such problems. If the problem continues, you could assume that you may have gotten sweat into the iPod, and that the contacts are not functioning correctly because of this moisture. Let the iPod sit in a dry place for a while with the hope that the sweat will dry out. If this doesn’t fix it, it’s time to go for service.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple releases fifth beta for tvOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple to start publishing its AI research
- Supreme Court rules against Apple in design patent case
- Study finds half of kids headphones exceed safe volume limits
- More iPhone 6s devices affected by shutdown bug; iOS update coming
- Apple releases sixth beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Developers pushing back against abusers of Apple’s App Store refund policy
- Apple lobbies for shared data, more public road access to test autonomous driving systems
- Apple Store app update allows purchases from Apple Watch
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Scosche BoomBottle H2O+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Creative iRoar Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10