New First Looks: Electronics and new Nano Cases, Part I
Welcome to yet another edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide, our reports from Mac Expo in London, Apple Expo Paris, and others in The Free iPod Book. Here’s what’s new for this edition:
Belkin TuneCast Auto for Dock Connecting iPods - Click Here for Details
The latest version of Belkin’s TuneCast FM transmitter comes with an integrated car charger for all-in-one use in your vehicle. Tuning is easy on the backlit LCD screen; two preset buttons sit alongside the tuning buttons.
Capdase Soft Jacket Trio Pack for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
In one of the few unique twists we’ve seen in silicone rubber cases, Capdase has bundled three different types of cases together rather than just doing three different colors - “rock style” is thin rubber wth a detachable steel clip, “pop style” instead uses a detachable plastic clip, and “dance style” is thin with a detachable lanyard holder and screen cover. The bottom of the dance style case adds additional protection to the nano, while the other cases have open bottoms.
Griffin Technology Chameleon for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
Many moons after first seeing them in display cases, we’ve finally gotten our hands on a couple of Griffin’s plastic Chameleon art cases. Each comes with a detachable belt clip and a plain rear surface; there are numerous front patterns available.
Griffin Technology SiliSkins for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Unexpectedly shown at the Portable Media Expo were these new SiliSkins for iPod nano, plain rubber designs available in bright colors, but otherwise without much in the way of frills.
Marware CEO Billfold and Card Wallets for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
These two perforated leather wallets for the iPod nano can hold both the iPod and your choice of a few or many cards and cash, all in one place. “For jacket pocket use only,” says Marware’s box, “Not for use in pant pockets.” Consider yourself warned, nano owners.
Marware Sportsuit Basic and Convertible for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
These new updates to Marware’s popular series of neoprene cases use a new “orca” textured material and updated designs. Basic comes with a small belt clip, while Convertible comes with an armband, handstrap, and large clip, plus a flip-open front shell. The shell uses a somewhat challenging trick to attach to and detach from the regular case.
Marware Sportsuit Safari and Santa for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Seven different versions of the Safari pouch case are now available (we’ve seen five), each with a furry body. There’s also a nano-specific version of Sportsuit Santa, the classic holiday case. Each comes with a carabiner hook, a lanyard necklace, and a belt loop.
Sonic Impact i-Pax for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This compact, battery- or wall-powered speaker system doubles as a hard iPod shuffle and headphone case when you’re on the go, with compartments for everything you might want to carry.
XtremeMac TuffWraps for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
The first of XtremeMac’s iPod nano accessories to arrive are these highly attractive rubber skins, each of which comes with a hard screen protector. Three TuffWraps are in a box.
Because of the huge quantity of new things that have come in, we’ll post the second part of First Looks tomorrow with even more amazing new accessories. In the meanwhile, check out the Holiday Buyers’ Guide and Free iPod Book, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?