New First Looks: Electronics and new Nano Cases, Part I
Welcome to yet another edition of First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. For additional peeks at new iPod accessories, check out our Holiday Buyers’ Guide, our reports from Mac Expo in London, Apple Expo Paris, and others in The Free iPod Book. Here’s what’s new for this edition:
Belkin TuneCast Auto for Dock Connecting iPods - Click Here for Details
The latest version of Belkin’s TuneCast FM transmitter comes with an integrated car charger for all-in-one use in your vehicle. Tuning is easy on the backlit LCD screen; two preset buttons sit alongside the tuning buttons.
Capdase Soft Jacket Trio Pack for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
In one of the few unique twists we’ve seen in silicone rubber cases, Capdase has bundled three different types of cases together rather than just doing three different colors - “rock style” is thin rubber wth a detachable steel clip, “pop style” instead uses a detachable plastic clip, and “dance style” is thin with a detachable lanyard holder and screen cover. The bottom of the dance style case adds additional protection to the nano, while the other cases have open bottoms.
Griffin Technology Chameleon for iPod mini - Click Here for Details
Many moons after first seeing them in display cases, we’ve finally gotten our hands on a couple of Griffin’s plastic Chameleon art cases. Each comes with a detachable belt clip and a plain rear surface; there are numerous front patterns available.
Griffin Technology SiliSkins for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Unexpectedly shown at the Portable Media Expo were these new SiliSkins for iPod nano, plain rubber designs available in bright colors, but otherwise without much in the way of frills.
Marware CEO Billfold and Card Wallets for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
These two perforated leather wallets for the iPod nano can hold both the iPod and your choice of a few or many cards and cash, all in one place. “For jacket pocket use only,” says Marware’s box, “Not for use in pant pockets.” Consider yourself warned, nano owners.
Marware Sportsuit Basic and Convertible for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
These new updates to Marware’s popular series of neoprene cases use a new “orca” textured material and updated designs. Basic comes with a small belt clip, while Convertible comes with an armband, handstrap, and large clip, plus a flip-open front shell. The shell uses a somewhat challenging trick to attach to and detach from the regular case.
Marware Sportsuit Safari and Santa for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
Seven different versions of the Safari pouch case are now available (we’ve seen five), each with a furry body. There’s also a nano-specific version of Sportsuit Santa, the classic holiday case. Each comes with a carabiner hook, a lanyard necklace, and a belt loop.
Sonic Impact i-Pax for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
This compact, battery- or wall-powered speaker system doubles as a hard iPod shuffle and headphone case when you’re on the go, with compartments for everything you might want to carry.
XtremeMac TuffWraps for iPod nano - Click Here for Details
The first of XtremeMac’s iPod nano accessories to arrive are these highly attractive rubber skins, each of which comes with a hard screen protector. Three TuffWraps are in a box.
Because of the huge quantity of new things that have come in, we’ll post the second part of First Looks tomorrow with even more amazing new accessories. In the meanwhile, check out the Holiday Buyers’ Guide and Free iPod Book, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore