Our Biggest First Look Feature - Ever
In the past, we used to use iLounge Backstage as our secret staging area for previews of new iPod accessories that we’ve been playing with, but we’re moving our coverage here - to First Looks - so you can get an easy front page peek at what’s come in the door. Without further ado, here’s some of the new gear that we’re currently evaluating.
Innova Noreve Tradition Case - Click Here for Details
The Noreve leather case from France’s Innova features soft leather and a traditional PDA-style design.
Pacific Design 4G iPod Case - Click Here for Details
A clean full-sized iPod version of the striped iPod mini case we’ve previously reviewed and liked.
Thought Out iPed 2 - Click Here for Details
One of the items that has us most excited - an iPod stand that’s fully adjustable and can hold an encased iPod on any angle you desire. Some major improvements to the iPed stand we previously reviewed from Thought Out.
Newer Technology/OWC RoadTrip! Plus and RoadTrip! 87.9 - Click Here for Details
The newest version of the RoadTrip! combines a strong FM transmitter and a power charger into a single white unit. A cheaper, improved 87.9FM-tuning version of the RoadTrp we’ve previously received is available in black.
Bruddy ShuffleMate - Click Here for Details
An all-in-one clip and cord management solution for the iPod, released by new iPod developer Bruddy.
Pods Plus/JP’s Clip + Armband for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
A hybrid belt clip and armband system from JP’s, similar to one previously designed and released by DLO.
ShuffleClip, from ShuffleClip - Click Here for Details
A simple plastic belt clip for the iPod shuffle.
XtremeMac Audio Splitter for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
A way to plug two sets of headphones into the iPod shuffle at the same time - molded to fit the top of the shuffle.
XtremeMac Bumperz - Click Here for Details
Soft rubber iPod shuffle holders that come in a five-pack. Similar to Marware’s SportGrips, minus the add-ons.
XtremeMac Shieldz - Click Here for Details
Hard plastic front and side shells for the iPod shuffle, available in a wide variety of colored three-packs.
XtremeMac TuffWrapz - Click Here for Details
The XtremeMac silicone rubber case design for the iPod shuffle - better thought out than most alternatives, they come in colorful three-packs and include two different USB cap covers.
XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
A thick neoprene armband for use with the iPod shuffle, available in four different colors (sold separately).
XtremeMac SuperClip - Click Here for Details
A simple plastic clip attachment for the shuffle that’s different from others we’ve seen.
XtremeMac SuperHook - Click Here for Details
A replacement USB cap that adds a hook to your iPod shuffle’s bottom.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?