Our Biggest First Look Feature - Ever
In the past, we used to use iLounge Backstage as our secret staging area for previews of new iPod accessories that we’ve been playing with, but we’re moving our coverage here - to First Looks - so you can get an easy front page peek at what’s come in the door. Without further ado, here’s some of the new gear that we’re currently evaluating.
Innova Noreve Tradition Case - Click Here for Details
The Noreve leather case from France’s Innova features soft leather and a traditional PDA-style design.
Pacific Design 4G iPod Case - Click Here for Details
A clean full-sized iPod version of the striped iPod mini case we’ve previously reviewed and liked.
Thought Out iPed 2 - Click Here for Details
One of the items that has us most excited - an iPod stand that’s fully adjustable and can hold an encased iPod on any angle you desire. Some major improvements to the iPed stand we previously reviewed from Thought Out.
Newer Technology/OWC RoadTrip! Plus and RoadTrip! 87.9 - Click Here for Details
The newest version of the RoadTrip! combines a strong FM transmitter and a power charger into a single white unit. A cheaper, improved 87.9FM-tuning version of the RoadTrp we’ve previously received is available in black.
Bruddy ShuffleMate - Click Here for Details
An all-in-one clip and cord management solution for the iPod, released by new iPod developer Bruddy.
Pods Plus/JP’s Clip + Armband for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
A hybrid belt clip and armband system from JP’s, similar to one previously designed and released by DLO.
ShuffleClip, from ShuffleClip - Click Here for Details
A simple plastic belt clip for the iPod shuffle.
XtremeMac Audio Splitter for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
A way to plug two sets of headphones into the iPod shuffle at the same time - molded to fit the top of the shuffle.
XtremeMac Bumperz - Click Here for Details
Soft rubber iPod shuffle holders that come in a five-pack. Similar to Marware’s SportGrips, minus the add-ons.
XtremeMac Shieldz - Click Here for Details
Hard plastic front and side shells for the iPod shuffle, available in a wide variety of colored three-packs.
XtremeMac TuffWrapz - Click Here for Details
The XtremeMac silicone rubber case design for the iPod shuffle - better thought out than most alternatives, they come in colorful three-packs and include two different USB cap covers.
XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod shuffle - Click Here for Details
A thick neoprene armband for use with the iPod shuffle, available in four different colors (sold separately).
XtremeMac SuperClip - Click Here for Details
A simple plastic clip attachment for the shuffle that’s different from others we’ve seen.
XtremeMac SuperHook - Click Here for Details
A replacement USB cap that adds a hook to your iPod shuffle’s bottom.
We’ll have plenty more to say on these new iPod accessories in the days to come - and there are some surprises in store, too. If you’re looking for more information and pictures for upcoming iPod accessories, be sure to check out our free downloadable 2005 Buyers’ Guide, available now!
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?