Photo albums on iPod touch
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: How can I put photo albums onto my iPod touch using Windows? I’ve been told that I can only make photo albums on a Mac.
A: Actually, you can create “photo albums” on the iPod touch itself via iTunes on either platform. The only major difference with the Mac platform is that new Mac computers include the “iPhoto” application which allows you to manage and organize your photos. iTunes can read iPhoto directly and transfer pictures onto your iPod based on their album organization within iPhoto.
On a PC, similar functionality is available with Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Photoshop Album, but these are not normally included with your PC and instead have to be purchased separately.
A photo management application is not required, however. On either the PC or Mac platform, you can instead choose to simply synchronize a folder of photo images directly. To do this, you simply connect your iPod, select the “Photos” tab from the main iPod configuration screen, and then choose the folder that you would like to synchronize your photos from (ie, “My Pictures”).
In this configuration, each first-level sub-folder under the main folder is represented as a photo album, and you can select which photos “albums” (ie, folders) that you wish to sync to your iPod. To add or remove individual photos, you simply either add the photo to a synced folder, or remove it from that folder and store it elsewhere on your computer. The next time you sync your iPod, any photos that have been added will be added to your iPod, and any photos that you have removed from these folders will be removed.
You can find more information and some detailed instructions in our iPod tutorials section, specifically in our Complete Guide to Displaying Photos on iPod + iPhone.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!