Printing track lists from iTunes
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I burn a lot of MP3 CDs, and one of the problems is that I also want a list of all the songs that I’ve burned on each CD. For a 700 MB CD, that means I have to manually type out close to 200 songs on a separate piece of paper. A lot of work. Is there a way in iTunes to print/copy the list of songs from the playlist…sort of like a “print screen” function you find on a desktop?
A: Absolutely, and as you might expect, it’s found in the same place as with most other applications: File, Print
This will allow you to print a list of tracks in the currently-selected playlist, artist, or album (essentially whatever is currently selected in your iTunes view). Three standard formats are supported: CD jewel case insert, Song listing, and Album listing:
The CD jewel case settings provides a number of themes for different output and artwork styles, ranging from a simple text-based theme to mosaics that include album artwork.
The Song listing allows you to print a list of the tracks simply as a song list, or with user ratings, played dates, or a custom view (whatever your current column layout in iTunes is).
The Album listing prints either a list of songs grouped by album, with artwork, or simply a list of album titles that are represented in the current playlist.
While the Jewelcase inserts will likely not have enough room for the number of tracks on an MP3 CD, the Song Listing and Album listings options should provide a much more efficient alternative to writing out long listings by hand.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- Report: New iPhone’s space gray to be ‘much darker color’
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Apple leaves iOS 10 kernel open to scrutiny
- Judge throws out ‘Error 53’ lawsuit against Apple
- Chinese company in iPhone patent fight is all but defunct
- Apple adds nine more apps to universal search in Apple TV
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
- Twelve South BookBook for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app